RvR Guilds behaviour

T

tripitaka

Re: Re: RvR Guilds behaviour

Originally posted by Hestetun
Well I want guildies so I kicked u AFTER 1 run yes. But I want guildies before random xD If u dont leik take a ¤#&. And this treadh is stupid tbh......and fyi times changes m8 , get over it =) And I will keep on kicking randoms as long its guildies to take xD.

And thanks for making post after u got kicked from ME <evul grinch> ehhe :) hf

No - the point everyone is getting at i think is that you didn't advise the person u invited beforehand that u were waiting for a guildioe and that he could join until the guildie arrived.

E

Eleasias

Re: Re: Re: RvR Guilds behaviour

Originally posted by tripitaka
No - the point everyone is getting at i think is that you didn't advise the person u invited beforehand that u were waiting for a guildioe and that he could join until the guildie arrived.
This is the standard and no one really bothers to mention it anymore. Those who think otherwise are stupid. Only newbies have problems with this, as every active RvR'er / decent player whatever, has accepted that you will be kicked as soon as a replacement in guild comes online.

O

old.windforce

some ppl are to 1337 for good manners.

they need some:twak: :twak: :twak:

E

Eleasias

Some people are too stupid for the truth.

They need some <instert a random image>

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.windforce
some ppl are to 1337 for good manners.

they need some :twak: :twak: :twak:
Yep...

Just saying "someone from the guild will be along in a while, mate, but until then, hop in" is all it would have taken...but basic politeness and respect is way out of some peoples' grasp, it seems.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Welcome to the Dark Age of Selfishness...

Solid, I feel that couch a-calling me :(

Ironically, if it wasn't for my own guild I'd have gone a long time ago.

H

Hestetun

well if u dont leik it cant u just bug off ? will make emain less zergi too remove the newbs etc xD

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Eleasias
Some people are too stupid for the truth.

They need some <instert a random image>

The truth being is this case:

You are a random noob, only to be used till our friend who knows how to play comes online. Therefore good manners are not needed and you are to stupid to see you suck?

And "they" refer to the original poster or all that agree to him that kicking ppl without prior notice is rude behaviour?

ow i got an image for you too:
:fluffle:

you need some love, now bent over

T

tripitaka

You are a random noob, only to be used till our friend who knows how to play comes online. Therefore good manners are not needed and you are to stupid to see you suck?

And "they" refer to the original poster or all that agree to him that kicking ppl without prior notice is rude behaviour?

ow i got an image for you too:
:fluffle:

you need some love, now bent over

No windforce, you need the love m8 - you bend the people over in the first place it seems.

O

old.windforce

sorry but i don't understand you (did i need irony tags on that remark?)

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Hestetun
well if u dont leik it cant u just bug off ? will make emain less zergi too remove the newbs etc xD

Well we dont like you..so cant you just bugger off too ??

N

-Nuked-

group of 7 people from the same guild, in the same group ...

i fail to see how you thought you was there because of any reason other then they didnt have the right class of guildy online. when i wasnt part of this guild, and they picked me up! it was fairly obvious that i had the spot till the group broke or a guildy came online who was the same class as me! they didnt need to tell me this. its an rvr guild for a reason. as in rvr guild groups! wouldnt be much of an rvr guild if they all ran in random groups ffs

E

Eleasias

Almost right. You got the newbie part right who's there just to fill the spot until someone better comes along. But the manner thing is a different case, are you stupid or what? It's the STANDARD, been for a year or more, if someone doesnt remember or bother to say that you will lose your spot if a guildie comes WHICH IS BLOODY OBVIOUS to anyone who has ever been in a rvr guild group, you shouldnt start crying like a baby if you get removed from a group when it happens :p

Please, start throwing off random insults and whatever since you dont really have anything to say, do you?

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by svartmetall
Yep...

Just saying "someone from the guild will be along in a while, mate, but until then, hop in" is all it would have taken...but basic politeness and respect is way out of some peoples' grasp, it seems.
Read my post above. -_-;

R

Roo Stercogburn

Eleasias, I've grouped with you, and I don't remember you being this much of a dick. Are you roleplaying or just trying to wind people up? :D

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Eleasias, I've grouped with you, and I don't remember you being this much of a dick. Are you roleplaying or just trying to wind people up? :D
Dont know really, I think it's quite funny how some people can get quite upset over a simple thing like this :p

J

Jonaldo

Rvr guilds are no lifers with pseudo penis envy. They actually have no skills as DAoC is not a game that requires any. It's just all a rather amusing episode really wit all the |337 rvr guilds showing they cannot type a full sentence of English correctly* and proving to the world that they are actually complete imbeciles :)

*apologies for those who's first language isn't English, but you do realise that 'u, ur, m8, h8, l8, gr8, 2, 4' and other such things aren't real words? and no words that I know actually do contain any numbers.

R

Roo Stercogburn

A small request to the godlike ones then ;)

When someone out of guild joins a group, just take the time to let them know if its only as a filler til someone logs on at their arranged time or finishes what they are doing. Don't assume they know some unwritten rule you may have.

It will make life so much easier and I'm a big fan of having an easy life.

T

tripitaka

Re: Re: Re: Re: RvR Guilds behaviour

Originally posted by Eleasias
This is the standard and no one really bothers to mention it anymore. Those who think otherwise are stupid. Only newbies have problems with this, as every active RvR'er / decent player whatever, has accepted that you will be kicked as soon as a replacement in guild comes online.

In that case - those people are being rude imo.

and by the way - thanks for calling me stupid in 2 threads - again im honoured - oh and im 'a noob' too - nice one :p

you like your insults dont you - doesn't make you sound big tho - more <wiggles little finger> small really.... arrgh you've brought me down to your level now...

C

chretien

Storms and teacups anyone?
In my opinion it was rude of the guild group not to warn the random player that they would be dropped as soon as a guildy turned up. Obviously they'll want a guild player rather than a random pick-up in their group, but it only takes a sec to spell out the situation. Might be the random player has friends inc and would decide to sit out and wait for them rather than only make one or two runs. To be honest though it's not really worthy of a whine thread (let alone two whine threads).
However the boggling part that makes me damn glad I don't play in the same realm as those individuals are all the hate threads about how random players are worthless and exist only to serve the godlike rvr elite. Do you guys get bullied that badly in the playground that you need to assert some sort of napoleon complex over an anonymous bbs to compensate?

A

ab_fluid

jesus christ, 2 complete opposite ends of the spectrum or what? an RvR guild is created for the reason of RvR'ing together, i don't see why people moan when they get asked to leave for a guildie who just logged on or whatever reason, a guild is there to play together. Most casual players are very greatful to get a grp with an rvr guild for however long it lasts, you earn some decent rp's, learn how to play with some more experienced people and have a chat, i don't see the downside.

T

the_fnord

I think I'm gonna make a macro for when I lookin for RvR grp from now on:
/macro LFG /y Lookin for non 1337 group who plays to have fun and not to show off their 1337 skills and small coc*s!!! :p

You're all welcome to copy it! :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

This thread rocks. The replies from players in the so-called RvR guilds just get funnier and funnier :clap: :clap: :clap:

T

tripitaka

This thread rocks. The replies from players in the so-called RvR guilds just get funnier and funnier :clap: :clap: :clap:
agreed - its really quite interesting to read some of the blinkered opinions

S

Solarius

It's funny, yes, but at the same time it's also depressing to see how some so-called 'l337' players view the casual player.

Also not sure why two threads were made, but I have a suspicion, after reading the first thread through, that the original poster saw his original topic altered from 'how rude are some people' to 'the RvR guilds view of the un-l337, and how those view the RvR guilds', or more precisly, a flame-fest.

Quick question to all:

You're running in a guildgroup, and until today it's been fine, but today you're losing more often than not. You suspect that the reason is because the bard(sorc/healer) who's driving isn't paying as much attention as normal, and is missing the jump on other groups. Will you?

a)Complain often in /gu about how badly the bard is doing, commenting often how even though you don't have/never played the class you would do so much better than he would
b)Convince the group to call it a night, it's obviously not your night but tomorrow might be better
c)Feign off with a headache, and as soon as you can /gc leave. If the guild hasn't dumped the bard by now, they're obviously not good enough for you
d)Pm the bard, ask him if alls ok. He might not be well, be having lag or some other problem thats imparing his performance
e)Guild.... group???

Disclaimer! This is just a bit of fun, not aimed at any players or guilds!

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Solarius

Quick question to all:

You're running in a guildgroup, and until today it's been fine, but today you're losing more often than not. You suspect that the reason is because the bard(sorc/healer) who's driving isn't paying as much attention as normal, and is missing the jump on other groups. Will you?

a)Complain often in /gu about how badly the bard is doing, commenting often how even though you don't have/never played the class you would do so much better than he would
b)Convince the group to call it a night, it's obviously not your night but tomorrow might be better
c)Feign off with a headache, and as soon as you can /gc leave. If the guild hasn't dumped the bard by now, they're obviously not good enough for you
d)Pm the bard, ask him if alls ok. He might not be well, be having lag or some other problem thats imparing his performance
e)Guild.... group???

I'm not from a primary RVR guild, so i'll answer the questions with what i would personally do...

(D) - as it may not be the bards fault
(B) - if things didn't get better in 30 mins or so. And would definately group that same bard again, because it may have been (D) causing the problem in the first place. :)

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Solarius
It's funny, yes, but at the same time it's also depressing to see how some so-called 'l337' players view the casual player.

Also not sure why two threads were made, but I have a suspicion, after reading the first thread through, that the original poster saw his original topic altered from 'how rude are some people' to 'the RvR guilds view of the un-l337, and how those view the RvR guilds', or more precisly, a flame-fest.

Quick question to all:

e)Guild.... group???

F, none of the above

A

ab_fluid

believe me, seeing how narrowminded the "un-1337" population is makes me laugh too.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by the_fnord
I think I'm gonna make a macro for when I lookin for RvR grp from now on:
/macro LFG /y Lookin for non 1337 group who plays to have fun and not to show off their 1337 skills and small coc*s!!! :p

You're all welcome to copy it! :D

just made mine, it goes:

/macro Mage /y Looking for random mage to fill spot in guild grp for exactl 24minutes and 17 seconds until my guildie logs on at which point you can come make a Flame thread on BW about it.

R

Roo Stercogburn

You're really not getting it, are you Ab?

The laugh is the complete double standard and hypocrisy on display. Nothing excuses treating people like a commodity. Nothing.

And if RvR guilds want to be so insular and not have other players they shouldn't even ASK in the first place for other players to join them. If they are so far above other mere players then they should stick to themselves religiously, even if that means running with 7,6,5,4,3,2... or solo as their l33t peers eventually leave the game.

That other players should be grateful for their condescension is the biggest laugh of all.

As said before, if you say in advance its for a single run, fine, people know what they are getting.

But don't anyone be stupid enough to think that any perceived skills they think they have in a mere game allows them to treat their fellows as less than equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom