RvR Guilds behaviour

A

augusta

I am probably a newbie,
I am probably too old to play games.

Many will consider the thing that did hurt me today very common and normal.

But I dont think is normal, I dont think is nice, I dont think that is the way to behave.

Simple like that.
I was invited in a RvR group.
Was not asking fot that, was just waiting in a common place to start a group (Druim Ligen Gates in Hibernia)
The invite come from this group of guildies, they part of a well known RvR hardcore guild.

We play together for a while, we talk and chat, we kill enemies together and so on, all fun and normal.
At some point the leader tells me "we have a guildie incoming, please release your spot in group".

What????
I answered "ohhh nice" and dropped group at once.

I heard this is aquite common practice now.
I dont think (but maybe wrong) it was this way in the "old times".
I've been playng this game from the beginning, with long stops, and several restarts.
I have been part of big guilds, small guilds, RvR guilds.

But this is the first time such a thing happens to me.

And I am outraged.

You are free to group with whoever you want,
You are free to keep your groups for guild only,
You are free to be an hardcore player.

But there are basic rules of behevior, a base of humanity and way to have relations with people.

If you loose that you can be RR7 RR8 RR200 but for me you are nothing.

All my piety for you, poor, sad players.

<bows with sadness>

P.S. BTW the subject should be SOME RvR Guilds behaviour... fortunalty

Tholus 50 Blademaster
Augusta 50 Theurgist
Florentia 50 Druid

D

Damon_D

Gotta agree if I was kicked from a group because someone ell's turned up ( and I had not been told upon joining ) , I would prob never again group/rezz/piss on em if they where on fire...

K

klavrynd

we allways had the policy to fill the group up with randoms until we got a full guild group, BUT we allways said that they would have to leave their spot should a guildie come in

"when you're in an rvr guild and basically better then the rest, you don't have to think about what people think of you because 99% is sheer envy"

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by klavrynd

"when you're in an rvr guild and basically better then the rest, you don't have to think about what people think of you because you allready been feek'd in the arse by the easterbunny..... "

Yeah peopel in 1337 rvr guilds who behave like above are better than me.. at not having a life and not grouping with other peopel..skillz I would kill for ofcourse :rolleyes:

K

klavrynd

play with the best, look down on the rest :)

S

Skaven

Yup, bit shit that - they should of told you that you would have to release the spot before you joined the group if that was their intentions.

Nothing to get too upset about tho, its just a game afterall. And if it happend in real life no doubt you would of smacked the bugger around the head, I know I would of.:)

D

Damon_D

Well what If I dont want to play with you ??? :p

A

Archeon

when you're in an rvr guild and basically better then the rest, you don't have to think about what people think of you because 99% is sheer envy

Yup, wish my ego were that big. I'm totally jelious. ;)

M

Mid - Kirinia

Originally posted by augusta
I was invited in a RvR group.

Consider yourself lucky!

I haven't been invited to a RvR group for months because so many fotm Savages are better than my thane!
:p

R

rg-zorena

ýeah same happen to me once FUCKING RVR GUILDS1111111111

F

fl3a

as already said many times, if they were making a guildgroup and didnt have enouhg people to get fg of their guild they took you to fill the spot until a guildie suitable for that spot logged in. they should have told you upon you joining the group though.

O

old.windforce

very lame imho

ppl should tell in front or don't do it

S

scarffs

I must say I was invited to the better ganksquads in Mid quite some times, and they or told me beforehand that it was until the guildie came, or for one run or etc...
Or otherwise they leave the group and reform into another, which is quite acceptable ( except if all disband except me :) )

O

old.Sko

Hmm, typically i warn before hand like - mate we have guildie inc, but reforming group after run complete, and only if he cannot find group otherwise. But bc is hardly a rvr guild in the common meaning =D

R

Roo Stercogburn

As said, if its stated up front that its for one run or whatever, then fine.

If without warning you were asked to leave then thats very bad behaviour.

I've never had this happen to me, though I've been in RvR groups when the group leader asks someone to disband because a higher level person is coming. In these instances I also leave the group.

And klav, put that big wooden spoon away :D

T

Tyka

There are other options, they could not invite you at all, and then you would sit at DL and cry like a baby because you dont get a group.

Or, they all could say "im logging, bye".. disband the group and setup another one without you.

And lastly, the one they pulled at you..

Wich one do you prefer? I know your choice is that they should keep on grouping with you, but that wont happen because you are just a pickup guy who dont know how to work together with these kind of ppl in different situation.

tata.

P

PJS

If you intend to boot them at least have the courtesy to let them know they are charity case cannon fodder you wouldnt even look at twice if another guildee was around.

:puke:

O

old.anubis

it only shows that guild cares for its guildmembers

K

kinag

I'm a loving person :rolleyes:

Though, there have been times we have had to ask random guys to leave (when members come online) but we usually tell the guys at start before we invite them.
As we are an RvR guild we have to give guild members their spaces instead of random..

This sounds cruel, and perhaps it is, I agree.. been in a few of those situations myself before I joined RG.

I'm not playing much on excalibur anymore but I bet nothing have changed. :)

I feel sorry that you feel it the way you do though, and I guess I understand you..

R

Roo Stercogburn

No, thats not what it shows at all. It shows a disregard for other people and a willingness to just use other people as something that can be cast aside.

Sorry, I'm strongly against that.

EDIT: was reply to Anubis, not Kinag

O

old.job

Guilds should be renamed 'cliques'
Thats what they really are.

C

ChillyDawg

rofl you people drefending the action of the guild here are idiots.

They should have the person BEFORE joining they were gonna get booted, tehy didnt, they were wring,t ehyr twats.

end of storey imho.

T

tripitaka

"when you're in an rvr guild and basically better then the rest, you don't have to think about what people think of you because 99% is sheer envy"

Attitudes like that make me want to shit in a paper bag - set it alight and stick it on your doorstep.

Then take plenty of pics with a camera when u realise ur putting out a fire and treading in crap , then post the link to the pics here.

My point ?
You talk shyte and you'd step in it too.

I'm not going to bother arguing why.. as im way too angry and would prolly get banned.

J

Jonaldo

Not worth worrying about, just point and laugh at them as you know they have no life outside daoc, this is a fact. RvR guilds are full of numbskis who think rp = respect irl ;) cue the jokes please :D

Originally posted by Jonaldo
woz in a club last week wif 2 frends and we saw a reelly nise looking girl so we speak 2 her. and she woz all liek "so what u all do and my m8s say liek "ye i run my own bisniss" and other one say "i'm a doctor" and she lieks them but i say "i'm rr7l8 and got 4 lvl 50s" so i take her home and do her coz she nose i got skillz.

its all tru!1
:clap:

i r teh fooneh :great:

E

Eleasias

whine?

that's the way it is and hopefully the way it will always be, like said, "random people" are just that, random people who mostly cant even play properly. they are there just to fill the spots until someone who knows how to play comes up. guildies first, friends/good players second, the rest - who cares?

next time, dont join a rvr guild group invite and stay at ligen, since you seem to prefer sitting there wasting your time instead of appreciating the single/two/howmanyever runs the godlike players graced you with, you might even learn something and one day actually know how to assist.

and btw, i have no idea who this guy is talking about and i dont think i've ever met him ingame.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Not worth worrying about, just point and laugh at them as you know they have no life outside daoc, this is a fact. RvR guilds are full of numbskis who think rp = respect irl ;) cue the jokes please :D

:clap:

i r teh fooneh :great:
You are so right :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

eleasias - fair enough they should make room for their guildmates - but telling the guy in advance "sure you can join till X arrives" is just common decency.

not just "oh my mate arrived - screw you hippy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom