RP chasers in Albion.....

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by nemesisgm
Minnie we have exactly the same problem in midgard..

Don't even joke about it... Midgard have the best defenders on the server ;)

Even Hibernia are out-doing Albion, in terms of keep taking. Why do you think they always go for Alb keeps... Because they know it takes Albion 2 days to respond!

Take a mid keep, and you have mids retaking within 20minutes!

Minnie, I'd say around 20-30% of highlevel Albions are willing to give some time to retake keeps. People are joining all the time and there is hope yet! Encourage all you know to join the defence and we'll get there one day :D

btw- who do you play as?

Atrox, it's laughable that you think people are jealous of your zerging ways. I only go to Emain for RPs... but I find keep attacks/defences far more enjoyable.

Zerging, then being zerged, then zerging, then crying on forums when you repeatedly get your ass kicked... doesn't sound like much fun, imo.

O

old.Atrox

I dont have a problem whit how other ppl play the game, FYI your the 1 who came here whining about others playing the game in a way the find it best.

and generic poster try to read what I said, it's possible to take a pbaoe defended keep, but we dont have enough gtaoe.

and I think Albion would be more of an challange if ppl started to RvR in small groups and learned their class, instead of zerging and camping, oh and takeing keeps.....

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by old.Atrox
FYI your the 1 who came here whining about others playing the game in a way the find it best.

Where did I do that?
I accept players want something different from the game, but I don't tell them how to play.

and generic poster try to read what I said, it's possible to take a pbaoe defended keep, but we dont have enough gtaoe.

We have enough GTAoE, but with Albion's superb communication... not everyone knows how to work with it, hell, some don't even know what it is.

There are other ways to take a PB defended keep, you just need to get out more and realise how effective you yourself can be, aginst PBAoE casters.

Did I say it's sad to see players who don't have a clue about other classes? ... well, it's even worse to see a lv50 who doesn't know the potential of their own class.

and I think Albion would be more of an challange if ppl started to RvR in small groups and learned their class, instead of zerging and camping, oh and takeing keeps.....

That's funny, you think going on keep raids doesn't teach people anything about their class... and yet, as a self-confessed zerger you still have alot to learn about sorcerey.

Speak to Wyleia, she'll tell you how to stop a room filled with PBAoE'ing maniacs. Maybe, just maybe you might learn something.

O

old.Atrox

first of all the first part was not for you.

second, how many times do you think I've had my perfect aemezzes broken by rp horny wizzards or cabalists ?
plz I know my class, ffs Im rr1L5 how do you think I got that many rps if I didnt know it ?

anyway, keep raiding does not teach you how to use your class vs other classes, how to spott and disable enemy key classes, theres alot of things only head to head action can teach you.

ofc you'll need keep practise aswell.

G

Gimly

Originally posted by old.Immortal
Lmao. Just shut up and open your eyes. Like walker says, we don't have no relics so what the fuck if we lose some keeps?

And yesterday, I was sitting on the pad and some madman was yelling "COME TO BENO THERE IS ONE GROUP OF HIBS THAT IS DEFENDING WE NEED HELP FFS!", and when noone replied cause there was no reason to help kinda "OH FUCK ALBION FFS!".

Made me chuckle, thanks.

errmm... Darkness Falls?

and as for

"OH FUCK ALBION FFS!".

nice how you only posted the middle part of the sentence.. was along the lines of "We need help at Beno, Hibs defending" then no response.. "Oh Fuck Albion then.. lets just farm rps in Emain"

G

Gimly

Originally posted by Coren
Wonder who the 'saddo git' is.. The person using his brains, realizing there's no relic anyway and decides to go have some fun, or the person blaming others for not suiciding on a pbaoe defended keep instead of letting the rp-farming hibs (why else would they be there?) rot in the keep?

So in your words I would have to classed as a saddo git.. I was one of the Albions trying to take back keeps, in an attempt to get DF open so others could gain some exp/money... It was a good challenge.

But I guess you just like the day to day zerg/rp farming that is emain. :rolleyes:

M

Meatballs

Read the post then Meatballs, it was about people not helping to RETAKE beno, not about people not defending it. :p

Read the post coren:

they put their place on some table way above what is good and best for their realm and peers

Its not soley about retaking benowyc, its about defending our frontier in general, which is retaking defended keeps, and defending sieged keeps, (and some boring taking undefended keeps).

O

old.Hellskor

..., ffs Im rr1L5 how do you think I got that many rps if I didnt know it ?

Soz, but I just -have- to comment on this ;)

R1 L5 : 750 RPs needed

a level50 is (when soloed) ~800-1000RPs worth.
When you're in a Fullgroup, you still get ~100-200RPs if your Group does the kill on their own.

Maybe you forgot some smilies there ? ;)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.Riddler
funny to read about zergwhine, dont want zerg? dont go with teh zerg ;)

tell me how you avoid a zerg of 50 people camping your milegate? ahh the only way is to port back and goto your own realms frontier

I myself enjoy running around emain in singular groups (if possible), I like to run around in a duo, i like to run around solo, I like to follow the zerg, I like to camp milegates, I like to take/defend dc, I also like to RvR in our frontiers, but with 3fgs of hibs, and only getting perhaps 1 group of albs it isn't possible to really take them on because we constantly outnumbered, and people continue to port back to emain when people are trying to drum up support even when they know theres a huge force of nmes camping the milegate and no chance to breakthrough. (This isn't the case everysingle time but it happens often enough).

K

kr0n

Originally posted by old.ImLestat

And then we have the "kr0n" measurement of "skill"; It is based on how well you are able to break into others peoples computers to steal their account info, then log in and break the CoC and using bugs to get the real owners account banned. Extra points on the side if you appear on the boards later acting all cocky...

Pwned.

H

Hadess

You cant just level to 50 and then think im the perfect <insert your class here>. You need to get at least realm rank 5 or so before you can say that you know your class well and are a effective guy for your realm. And are you going to get realm rank 5 just defending benowyc all day?

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Delket

Omg quit it already, this cat is well and trurly dead

Nah, I'll not quit. Everyone should be warned about this guy and his actions.

Originally posted by kr0n

Pwned.

Ah yes. Pwned by the "l33t kr0n haXXor". Whatever you say.

C

Coren

Want DF? Why take 30 people with you to retake a defended Beno while you can bring your 10 people who somehow seem to like keeptakes and take some keep in the Mid or Hib frontier?

But I guess you just like the day to day zerg/rp farming that is emain.

Only shows how much you really know and what you do yourself when you're in Emain. ;)

Speak to Wyleia, she'll tell you how to stop a room filled with PBAoE'ing maniacs. Maybe, just maybe you might learn something.

Hihi, if only he knew. :p

O

old.Immortal

wyleia.. err no comment.
minnie.. err who's the selfish here? You, asking for people to drop all in their hands, and waste their time at beno, instead of playing the game the way they enjoy, so you can go to DF and have "excellent exp"? Or those playing the game the way they enjoy?

M

Meatballs

Want DF? Why take 30 people with you to retake a defended Beno while you can bring your 10 people who somehow seem to like keeptakes and take some keep in the Mid or Hib frontier?

<would have liked to have kept relics when our frontier was worth something>

You cant just level to 50 and then think im the perfect <insert your class here>. You need to get at least realm rank 5 or so before you can say that you know your class well and are a effective guy for your realm. And are you going to get realm rank 5 just defending benowyc all day?

Im rr5, and also have close to rr4 on second char, I dont need to sit in benowyc all day, but I will go out and help defend.

You dont need to be rr5 to be effective for your realm, or to know your class, hell I bet some rr5+s dont even know how to rotate their camera :d

M

Meatballs

waste their time at beno, instead of playing the game the way they enjoy, so you can go to DF and have "excellent exp"? Or those playing the game the way they enjoy?

Search for zerg whine threads and see how many people are playing the way they enjoy the game :D

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Hadess
You need to get at least realm rank 5 or so before you can say that you know your class well and are a effective guy for your realm. And are you going to get realm rank 5 just defending benowyc all day?

Sorry old chap but that's a lot of bunkum. In any event running around in large numbers of people, killing, dying and releasing has to be the most brain numbing part of this game. Yet it's what the Emain herd do every day.

They really should have a break and do something more intellectually challenging, like watching 'Postman Pat' or something ;)

Taking undefended keeps is boring, yes, but it is necessary. And it always falls to the same people to do it regularly. Taking a defended keep is much more satisfying, complex and fun than any of the APK-AMG-MMG/release cycle.

Having a lot of realm points is nice (it lets you get lots of lifter realm skills :) ) but the game is designed around working together, not to just accrue realm points.

It's no wonder that so many people complain about milegates; about zerging; about being bored of the game ... when they make the game boring by the way they insist on playing it.

O

old.Immortal

meatballs, im not talking about zergs. Take a scout for instance, what the crap can they do at keep TAKING? shoot archers? mostly, they sit on their arse cause of line of sight, (with some exceptions of course.)

personally, i like soloing in emain. its more fun than autosticking and using nearest enemy button for strategy. soloing is of course, pretty much runover, but it really has its good sides too..

but sometimes, groups are also fun, when the groupmembers do something else than "check mmg? check amg? release?", its only fun when you gotta think. strategy is fun. and, im way off the subject then.

anyway, i can understand that people want DF etc, but there's no use to yell around like there's a fire in portal keep and except EVERYONE to do something asap.. try organising next time. or ask nicely. cry about it on BW is certainly not gonna help anyone with anything, rather make people more pissed at eachother..

M

Meatballs

What do scouts do at keep DEFENCE other than farm rp? :p

plus all the hunters/rangers who attack keeps seem to do a damn good job of stopping defending casters nuking everyone :eek:

M

Meatballs

anyway, i can understand that people want DF etc, but there's no use to yell around like there's a fire in portal keep and except EVERYONE to do something asap.. try organising next time. or ask nicely. cry about it on BW is certainly not gonna help anyone with anything, rather make people more pissed at eachother..

people do ask nicely, people do try to arrange it, people dont expect EVERYONE to do something, people would like it if more than 6 out of 200 even took any interest.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

FYI when mids their relic raid they only took 1 keep.
Should everybody in emain have suicided and rushed to take back the keep?

O

old.Immortal

Originally posted by Meatballs
people do ask nicely

well, just to reply. my reason for not going was cause of my previous post. scouts + keeptake != works out. and when i replied that i got "FUCK ALBION" in my face, dunno where you come from, but in norway, thats not the same as ask nicely :D

C

Coren

Originally posted by Turamber
In any event running around in large numbers of people, killing, dying and releasing has to be the most brain numbing part of this game. Yet it's what the Emain herd do every day.

That's why the Emain herd got MUCH less rp than the people who move around in 1fg, trying to use tactics (shock! horror! It's possible!) and most important of all: avoid the zergs.

Taking undefended keeps is boring, yes, but it is necessary. And it always falls to the same people to do it regularly.

Yup, it falls to the same people who think it's necessary. Others think it isn't and rather do something that isn't boring.

Taking a defended keep is much more satisfying, complex and fun than any of the APK-AMG-MMG/release cycle.

True, but running around in 1 group, using tactics and terrain advantages, killing larger forces than your own is even more satisfying, complex and fun. :)

but the game is designed around working together, not to just accrue realm points.

You can only get a lot of realm points by working together. Zerging does give realm points yes, but nowhere near as much as you can get without zerging.

It's no wonder that so many people complain about milegates; about zerging; about being bored of the game ... when they make the game boring by the way they insist on playing it.

Totally agree with that. I rather not make the game boring by taking keeps without some greater goal like taking or defending a relic.

M

minnie

"FYI when mids their relic raid they only took 1 keep.
Should everybody in emain have suicided and rushed to take back the keep?"

too damn right they should or even better they should of seen it coming.

FFS when are the rp chasers who are supposed (cos they HAVE SO MANY RP'Ss and are therefore so intelligent ) to know how to react, gonna do just that ! ????

Truth is ..they aint, cos they are too busy farming damn rp's in emain at mmg, they haven't got a damn clue :( god , how sad

I did a .... /who emain, at the time we lost our relics and it didn't make pretty reading considering the people who turned up to try to stop/intercept the relic take. The majority of rp chasers never showed:(

There are too many Albions who we "carry" cos their status on some damn table is so important to them :( They care nothing about the reputation of Albion and the people trying to xp and progress there.

I am in the top 10 on one table but I NEVER let that stop me taking our keeps back.

Funny thing is tho that the albs who so badly let us down with their continual ego boosting re: place on table, can always be found in emain but never interested when asked to join in with keep taking

Coren...I have NEVER, EVER seen you at a retake of any of our keeps ...how much do you really know about your char Coren ?? and i suspect that you know even less about playing the game.

IMO you must be a pretty damn useless person to albion ....go to camlann and stay there.

and yes take all your mates that worry about their place on those stupid tables with you :) BYE coren and all your rp table friends :)

The game is about much more than that !

H

Hadess

The ones who think emain is all about moving with the others and stand in of the zerg while random healer/bard mezzes you, should really think again. Try creating you own tactics and in time you will realise which tactics who works and which ones who is crap. And that way you will get a better player. You need expereince to be a good player. Its like driving cars. Why you think the insurance is like 10 times more expensive for young drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom