Rant Rising prices

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Yes, it was funnily enough. OK, I'll quantify this: I don't know the exact figure, but I'm sure you're 100% full of bullshit.

So I'm 100% full of bullshit becase I couldn't be arsed to research the exact figure? Well in teh same vein you're 100% cunt so we're even. Have a nice day.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You do understand that cars have right of way on a road, right? Not only is it dangerous for both the driver and you to just randomly stop to let people cross the road, they do not have to. The only time a vehicle should stop to let someone cross the road is at a zebra or pelican crossing. What if one driver stops and a driver in the opposite lane doesn't?

You are either trolling, really young or plain simple.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So I'm 100% full of bullshit becase I couldn't be arsed to research the exact figure? Well in teh same vein you're 100% cunt so we're even. Have a nice day.

It was an example of how justifying anything in that manner is completely pointless and does nothing to backup your argument, it only weakens it. You could "justify" ANY claim in that manner, which makes what you are saying completely null and void. If you want to make a point, do so WITHOUT MAKING SHIT UP and people might take what you say on board.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, don't present opinion as face Access, just look at the shit Keitz gets for doing that....

At least say "I think this is so, but I am not sure", or "this is my impression, I could be wrong", if you don't have the facts.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It was an example of how justifying anything in that manner is completely pointless and does nothing to backup your argument, it only weakens it. You could "justify" ANY claim in that manner, which makes what you are saying completely null and void. If you want to make a point, do so WITHOUT MAKING SHIT UP and people might take what you say on board.

If he is basing it on personal experience whats wrong with that, people only get anal when you put in percentages, he isn't claiming to be an expert on human behavioral habits or anything

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't remember doing that .......

I normally say either "around" or "probably" ... there is a difference between saying that and IT IS xxxx % ..,.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
You do understand that cars have right of way on a road, right? Not only is it dangerous for both the driver and you to just randomly stop to let people cross the road, they do not have to. The only time a vehicle should stop to let someone cross the road is at a zebra or pelican crossing. What if one driver stops and a driver in the opposite lane doesn't?

You are either trolling, really young or plain simple.
Nah I completely understand that on a busy road where the speed limit is above 30-40.. just don't see why a car can't stop in a low speed area.. that's all but it's sorted :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Like if he was to say 95% of people 78% of the time don't let me cross the road to get my Big Mac which i would give a 8 out of 10 as it was slightly overcooked and the pickles tasted off then he would be a cunt !

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nah I completely understand that on a busy road where the speed limit is above 30-40.. just don't see why a car can't stop in a low speed area.. that's all but it's sorted :p

Because you still can't account for other cars, bikes or cyclists no matter the speed. By stopping and waving a pedestrian on, you are then responsible for not only your actions but that of others.

Access Denied

Yep, don't present opinion as face Access, just look at the shit Keitz gets for doing that....

At least say "I think this is so, but I am not sure", or "this is my impression, I could be wrong", if you don't have the facts.

I thought I'd already done that...

I don't know the exact figure but I'll put a ballpark figure of 75%

Or to put it another way: "I don't know but I'll hazard a guess."

I'm so terribly sorry if I didn't use the correct phrasing to get my point across.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everyone in Britain needs a car. If you don't have one you're putting other people out and are selfish.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to drive to Bristol to pick the bird's sister up to give her a lift to her parents. Probably cost me 24 hours of my life last year. A full day - just so she can say "hey I don't need a car!"

Yes you fucking do. You're sponging off everyone else and can't make weekends away (or visit your dad in hospital when he has another heart attack) because you're too much of a skinflint cunt to buy a proper mode of transport that will take you where you need to go when you need to be there.

Argument settled.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Because you still can't account for other cars, bikes or cyclists no matter the speed. By stopping and waving a pedestrian on, you are then responsible for not only your actions but that of others.

Same reason that you don't let someone out in a 2-3 lane situation unless a natural lapse in trafficflow allows it, when i started driving i stopped to let someone out and the ass behind me went inside me on the hard shoulder and it almost cause a huge accident, you just cannot depend on the people beside you or behind you not to be complete retards so you do the sensible thing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought I'd already done that...

Or to put it another way: "I don't know but I'll hazard a guess."

I'm so terribly sorry if I didn't use the correct phrasing to get my point across.

No, you still made up a percentage. Don't make up stats.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Don't get me wrong I will get a car, none of my close family have done due to financial and practically reasons.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I love having a car especially when my brother call's my mum at 3 in the morning who then has to call me to drop him home all because he couldn't have 2 pints less and get a cab like a responsable adult

Access Denied

No, you still made up a percentage. Don't make up stats.

Fuckssake...

I'm sorry, I'll check with you every time I want to post something in case I make a hash of things. That ok with you? Or you could just take it as it was meant, it's no secret that more than half of the people who work in Central London or any other big city do not live there and therefore commute from out of town. So instead of saying all that or doing random search strings to find the correct figures I chose, based on my observations and experience, a figure of 75% or if you like, 3/4. I stated that it was a guess and maybe you shitbricks could stop fucking nitpicking.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
This forum is full of nitpicking really.... every thread which is posted just gets spammed with stupid arguments about silly things.. mainly ch3tan/wazzer starting them :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Then accept the sarky replies that came from making shit up

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh do fuck off keitz, you say shit and expect everyone to just go along with it.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
This forum is full of nitpicking really.... every thread which is posted just gets spammed with stupid arguments about silly things.. mainly ch3tan/wazzer starting them :p

You forgot me the voice of reason (y)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Oh do fuck off keitz, you say shit and expect everyone to just go along with it.
No, I'm not just saying me.... you and Wazz do it to pretty much every FM.

And to be honest, everyone says a lot of shit and expects everyone to go along with it, including you...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Do you drive?

You do realise that cars have right of way on the road, not pedestrians? It's dangerous to stop for pedestrians to let them cross at anything but a zebra crossing, you can't predict as a driver what traffic around you will do. If pedestrians aren't crossing at actual crossing, islands, zebra's, lights etc, they are putting their own life at risk.

Stepping in front of one is foolish, yes, but cars do not have right of way on any roads.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Legally no you are not directly responsible, but you can still be charged for leaving the scene of the accident if they are hit as you will be implicated

Why on earth would you leave the scene of a serious accident? Your post makes no sense, you might as well say "yeah but you could be charged with indecent exposure if you got your willy out and wanked over the corpse".

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't mean in law Tom, I mean morally, you shouldn't be trying to account for the actions of others.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Why on earth would you leave the scene of a serious accident? Your post makes no sense, you might as well say "yeah but you could be charged with indecent exposure if you got your willy out and wanked over the corpse".

I see nothing wrong with what i posted, less nitpicking and quoting 100 year old laws and i will point out the obvious less, deal ?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Hey guys, I think prices have gone up too.

Anyone noticed that HDD's are waaaay expensive since the floods in Thailand ? :( They're at least 50% more expensive. :ROFLMAO:

Boo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom