Rift: Planes of Telara

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Ive got a few days left on my subs but won't be re-subbing, I cba to re-sub when there's no kind of "achievement" factor in the pvp for me; plus the warfronts are boring pve was good though.

anyway I have 140plat on shivermere guardian if anyone wants it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not enuff to make me wanna donate money at the moment, will wait 1.2 and see if they fix the overall PvP system problem rather than band aiding ala blind Squirrel (chain Squirreled!!!!).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not enuff to make me wanna donate money at the moment, will wait 1.2 and see if they fix the overall PvP system problem rather than band aiding ala blind Squirrel (chain Squirreled!!!!).

I like playing a Dominator in pvp. I won't kill much but i can grief the other team to hell and back which makes them angry, and angry enemies don't think straight so they lose. :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Ive got a few days left on my subs but won't be re-subbing, I cba to re-sub when there's no kind of "achievement" factor in the pvp for me; plus the warfronts are boring pve was good though.

anyway I have 140plat on shivermere guardian if anyone wants it.

lol no one replied here, so I quickly logged in game just now. Said in guild chat "first one to say something in guild chat gets 140p" but someone logged in just after I said it; and said "hi guild" So I sent him the plat and he straight away went "WTF!" and all the others then said ffs etc as they didnt believe me haha.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I didn't see the last line :(

Owell i don't wanna start over on a new server anyway :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
they just released mobile authenticators, nice and fast tbh

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mixed group from our guild and Llaw Arian doing some lolbombing:

first couple of minutes were decent, stopped watching when you started grieving pve'ers, that was pretty /yawn.

eksdee

FH is my second home
In our defence, if they wanted to PvE in peace they could have rolled on a PvE server. I would much rather fight other roaming groups, but since literally 90% of the guilds (if not more like 95) on the server spend all their time PvE'ing, we get pretty frustrated trying to generate PvP so that is what we're left with. Warfronts all day are boring, and so is having nothing to fight in OPvP. ;<

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In our defence, if they wanted to PvE in peace they could have rolled on a PvE server. I would much rather fight other roaming groups, but since literally 90% of the guilds (if not more like 95) on the server spend all their time PvE'ing, we get pretty frustrated trying to generate PvP so that is what we're left with. Warfronts all day are boring, and so is having nothing to fight in OPvP. ;<

more or less what I said weeks ago but you just wouldnt have it :< seems its finally sunk into that wannabe epeen head of yours.

eksdee

FH is my second home
If it's different on other servers I would be surprised. You could probably tell me if you hadn't quit after, what 7 days playing? Some friends playing on Bloodiron tell me it's exactly the same there if not worse, so if there is some wonderful mecca of PvP somewhere I'd love to know about it. We're certainly stomping all the so-called premades from all the other servers so I'm guessing it is more to do with the game itself than you being 'right' about whatever.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It's like watching a video of someone ganking people powerlevelling at breifine fins

How utterly boring

To be fair, RIFT doesn't seem like a pvp game

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Daoc or EvE which to resub, closes eyes and spins in a circle, ...... nanananananana ......
(to be continued...)

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
If it's different on other servers I would be surprised. You could probably tell me if you hadn't quit after, what 7 days playing? Some friends playing on Bloodiron tell me it's exactly the same there if not worse, so if there is some wonderful mecca of PvP somewhere I'd love to know about it. We're certainly stomping all the so-called premades from all the other servers so I'm guessing it is more to do with the game itself than you being 'right' about whatever.

When i logged in , in beta, and afterwards when i saw your pvp videos, and the amount of AE, i thought one thing, WAR reloaded. now i see a class that is magus alike and i am like WTF :D

To my dissapointment, open PvP is DEAD. looking at the future, the only game that may please me is GW2, but that will have mostly "instanced" pvp aka arenas.

Instanced zones + Clustered servers imo killed pvp in all games. and pvp itself survives only through arenas. Developers have no fucking clue what open pvp means, cause they create games for the masses, aka PVE games. means they give no dedicated zones for pvp with some purpose, and when they give it's too smal ( stares at WAR ) , and with no real targets for the noob players to have so they go to these zones :D results on dead open pvp.

I was frustated with WAR, but the more i think about it, all these new games that are getting released are way worse than WAR on Open Zone PvP . ..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Developers have no fucking clue what open pvp means,

They do, its just that there always seems to be tons immature ppl that take grieving as a god given right on a pvp server that corps camp, chain kill or just go out of their way to be as much of an arse as possible "because its a pvp server".

I mean, whats the fun in ganking someone that's fighting a mob and are at 30% health? Yes it's part of playing on a pvp server but i still don't see the point with it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Even wanting to do Open PvP (which apart rogues like pve gankers i don't see at all) there are far too many mobs in every frigging place of the world to get something going on.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I stopped watching it after 10 seconds because of the shit music :(

Mute it and put your own on - the only thing I care about is not putting some emo-shit-metal on my videos like every other random guy since it's the most boring crap ever. I use everything from full out pop, to hip hop, house music etc, just whatever I have heard recently and like.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Even wanting to do Open PvP (which apart rogues like pve gankers i don't see at all) there are far too many mobs in every frigging place of the world to get something going on.

This is mostly why "open world pvp" on a pvp server isn't working.

For good open world pvp there needs to be dedicated pvp zones with minimal pve, or at very out of the way places so they won't interfere.

eksdee

FH is my second home
When i logged in , in beta, and afterwards when i saw your pvp videos, and the amount of AE, i thought one thing, WAR reloaded. now i see a class that is magus alike and i am like WTF :D

To my dissapointment, open PvP is DEAD. looking at the future, the only game that may please me is GW2, but that will have mostly "instanced" pvp aka arenas.

Instanced zones + Clustered servers imo killed pvp in all games. and pvp itself survives only through arenas. Developers have no fucking clue what open pvp means, cause they create games for the masses, aka PVE games. means they give no dedicated zones for pvp with some purpose, and when they give it's too smal ( stares at WAR ) , and with no real targets for the noob players to have so they go to these zones :D results on dead open pvp.

I was frustated with WAR, but the more i think about it, all these new games that are getting released are way worse than WAR on Open Zone PvP . ..

Yeah, the game is pretty fucked. Nothing better to do with my time mostly. Heh. I'm waiting for Tribes Ascend now - I'm 90% sure Rift is pretty much my last MMO. I highly doubt GW2 is going to be what everyone hopes/thinks it is going to be.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, the game is pretty fucked. Nothing better to do with my time mostly. Heh. I'm waiting for Tribes Ascend now - I'm 90% sure Rift is pretty much my last MMO. I highly doubt GW2 is going to be what everyone hopes/thinks it is going to be.

no matter what u say, once an mmorpg player always an mmorpg player, if u check the people posting on this forum, we are all the same for the last 5-6 years, means we all enjoy playing rpgs, killing players or roleplay in them :p,
Highly anticipated mmorpg games for me are GW2 and maybe TERA if the guy on the other post reply i will make an account in korean servers and see how this game goes, if it's good the pvp part of it i will let u know ;p although i dont know how many people want to play an mmorpg that requires to target the enemy players to hit them with meelee/spells .

On the other hand about GW2, it's supposed to be a very good game overall that totally supports arenas, and tries to balance the game around that.

wow's arena imo fails because they try to balance the game around raiding, which is pretty bad, while at the same time, the attitude of players in wow support 2s and 3s, while 5s is all about FULL bursting. quite retarted imo.
while the game is mostly gear based and less skill based. that would be countered in 5s with the cooperation of multiple CCers but with 5 people and 3-4 DPS in the end it's all about bursthing the enemy DPS down . the CC in this game just sux.

Trying new mmorpgs w/o burning at the first 1-2 months is imo the best thing to do. if u have a wallet for it, if the game is good after 1-2 months and u see that the game has potential call your friends and have some good time burning on it :D

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
I cant help myself to say that wow misses the basic thing that almost all mmorpg games have : "Guard" and/or "bodyguard" , means that the developers instead of giving the plate classes somehow a way to defend their casters , they gave instead retarted ways to protect their casters , giving them mostly instant spells,
i dont even know why the hell they didnt follow the basic concept:

1) healers/caster dps have to cast,
2) interrrupters dont have 10 secs CD interrupt so casters can actually try to cast, maybe 20 secs? or if u dont want to remove it, then remove burst dmg.
3) remove all this ridiculous amount of self defence abilities and give guard to some classes so people actually try to cooperate
4) remove all this huge amount of instant abilities this game has.

both daoc and WAR had a nice combat system, and both of them had these basic things.

If blizzard did these things right, maybe arena would actually be fun to play. And plx dont say l2p, cause i have played 4-5 different seasons above 2k rating . it's not that i cant play it, it's just that this game is just a burst - insta spells race towards your victory.

Most fun times were the "player made" arenas on vanilla 5vs5 in stormscale.

"End of nerdrage" , i said all this and now i feel a little bit better :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
On the other hand about GW2, it's supposed to be a very good game overall that totally supports arenas, and tries to balance the game around that.

Not really, just that many spells/abilities behave differently in pvp then they are in pve.

Which is imo the way it should be balanced.

That way the pve population won't feel nerfed when the devs "fix" overpowered pvp combos and pvp people wont feel nerfed when the same happens in pve.

It's just fucking brilliant.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ze-Recruits.jpg

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
hes the voice of
the actual man was the green cross code man whose name i cant remember
david prowse or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom