Help Remote CCTV Viewing.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Hi all, possibly not one for here but worth a shot.

My mum is completely off her face mental (FTD) and I am worried about visitors to her house and also when she cooks, I feel it is just a matter of time before something bad happens. It is not too long before I have to make the decision to put her into permanent care (being an only child really does suck sometimes) but until then I was toying with the idea of CCTV in her house (not the sexy spying in the bathroom kind).

I assume she will need to have internet installed, well of course she will. So after doing that what else do I need to monitor my mum from my house?

Thanks in advance.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi all, possibly not one for here but worth a shot.

My mum is completely off her face mental (FTD) and I am worried about visitors to her house and also when she cooks, I feel it is just a matter of time before something bad happens. It is not too long before I have to make the decision to put her into permanent care (being an only child really does suck sometimes) but until then I was toying with the idea of CCTV in her house (not the sexy spying in the bathroom kind).

I assume she will need to have internet installed, well of course she will. So after doing that what else do I need to monitor my mum from my house?

Thanks in advance.
Gotta be brutally honest here Tremlar, it sounds like you're putting off the inevitable. Whilst I don't blame you at all CCTV cameras aren't going to help your Mum, if something bad were to happen you'd just be likely to have it on tape. Bite the bullet chum.

Trem

You aren't wrong chum, thing is as soon as she goes in a home it is signing her death sentence because she won't eat what they give her and she will stress herself to death because stuff isn't how she wants it. Just trying to prolong the inevitable :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
how far away does she live ? wouldnt it just drive you round the bend , constantly checking "just in case", prob drive yourself to distraction

its a shit situation to be in, and yea it is doable, but i think you're better off going to the next, obvious, step

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's terrible to hear Trembacon. while I don't know what I'd do if it were me calling the shots, I agree with Meg and Babs. Good luck either way mate. Hard decisions ahead :-(

Trem

Cheers chum's. I only live 2 minutes away but.......I have 2 kids, a full time job, a (frankly awesome) wife, personal *issues* and......blah blah you get the idea. I visit her 6 days a week, just would be nice to have an eye on her when cooking. I cope with these things mentally but I just do not have the time to be around always, unless I quit my job which isn't far off if they keep being bell ends.............hmmmmm.

Vae

Resident Freddy
We use Dlink security camera as a baby monitor and you can access them across the net via PC or on IOS or android apps.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tremlar - whilst I sympathise completely maybe the distance you currently have, in terms of you don't actually live with her so but you visit her 6 days a week, is the workable one.

Maybe you will serve her better if the situation doesn't become (more) life-consuming? CCTV gives you the idea that it will comfort you but what it really does is stop you being able to switch off from your worry somewhat - and you need to be able to do that.

Although it's not a hugely great analogy - you've been to a set of friends who've got a baby monitor installed and every five minutes they run upstairs in terror because they're worried something is wrong - but what is wrong is how worried the baby monitor has made them. - Stops them being able to escape and switch off. (The parents usually last about 6 or 8 months on the baby monitor looking like haggard torture victims before learning to ignore it for their own sanity - when what would be sane would be not giving into temptation to permanently monitor in the first place).

If you really think that a serious accident is going to occur (rather than an incident that isn't going to harm her physically) then I have to agree with the above, but having said that I think you're doing a stonking job as it is and it seems to me that you're already making the right decisions whenever they're needed and I can't see that changing.

Meh. Reading the above back, I realise I'm not being helpful at all :|

Trem

Heh, any input is appreciated chum. Thanks for the replies lads. I guess I am just after a more geek way of monitoring my mum, geek things take my mind off mental-mum things :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Any IP cam can be set up to be monitored over t'inter. I have used a couple from Axis before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom