Advice Windows Photo Viewer

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have had the problem answered before, but it was years ago.

When i open a picture in WPV the background is off white, almost yellow, and as such makes the picture have a yellowish tinge. How do i get the background to be white again, it changed a few weeks ago and i don't know why its done tbh

Ta

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Stop using that crap. Irfanview or xnview for the win.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I do use Irfanview for batch editing & general viewing, but when i save a pic from somewhere it opens up in WPV and the yellow hue was doing my head in

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I do use Irfanview for batch editing & general viewing, but when i save a pic from somewhere it opens up in WPV and the yellow hue was doing my head in

You can change that behaviour, you know... Open with, always open with X app

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
IrfanView gets my vote for a quick viewer. You can get rid of all the toolbars and stuff, use mouse wheel to go forward or backward through a folder of images, Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom and right click and drag to move around. Couldn't get much more simple.

FWIW @Edmond there was a Windows update a while ago that added a "night light" mode, are you sure that's not enabled? It sort of warms all the colours up (makes them less blue), which is supposedly easier on the eye without daylight. If you're having a sneaky wank I mean viewing your completely innocent photography collection at night that might be the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom