Help SabNZB/qBittorent Remote Driving Me Nuts - Help!!!!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have just had a new router but this is not a new problem.

On the odd occasion in the past when my trusty Buffalo router was being a dick I used to swap to the Virgin Superhub for my wireless needs, I just simply swapped via my laptop wirelessly. Whenever I did that I couldn't access SabNZB or qBittorent remote or my network shared folder, it didn't bother me that much then because after a while I just swapped back to my Buffalo.

I have today had my new router and the problem remains apart from I can access my shared folder on the server no problem. I cannot remotely access Sab or qBittorent for love nor money, I can't even access them if I plug a network lead into my laptop. I have forwarded the ports although I didn't believe that was the issue, it made no difference. I have tried everything that I can think of, I have uninstalled the programs (well Sab but not qBit because I cba to sort all the torrents out) and that didn't work, tried other browsers, obviously restarted the server, the router. Firewall has been off then on on the server the router the laptop...EVERYTHING!!

Any idea's or is it something really stupid I have missed?

This has me totally stumped now (usernames and passwords on the client have been re entered over and over again just in case but the web page just will not load 'this page is taking too long to load').

Cheers in advance.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sorry, so you can access it if you go to http://internalip:8080/sabnzbd/ but not if you go to http://externalip:8080/sabnzbd/

If you can't access it internally then the first thing I would try is accessing it on the server via the IP Address on not using Localhost. SAB can be configured to listen on Localhost and not the local IP and if it is set this way it will never respond via IP across the network or locally.

CaptureSB.PNG

If the IP Address works locally Windows Firewall would be my next stop.

Trem

I can access it directly on the server where it is installed but I now cannot access it wirelessly from my laptop which is on the Home network, the only difference now is the change of router, 4 hours ago I could access it no problem from my laptop, change router and now it is a no go with the new router.

Thanks for your help soze but you need to explain what you mean to me in spacker terms please, I generally fumble my way through these things, I honestly don't think it is a windows firewall issue though. Oh, I also briefly added the server to the routers DMZ but that did nowt as well.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If it worked before then it should be working now the config should not have changed.

If the server has a static address it could be something there. Can you ping (Windows button, search cmd, open Command Prompt) the IP Address of the server? If the new Router is on a different subnet your Laptop might get a 192.168.1.x and your server is set on a 192.168.0.x then you will not talk between them.

Trem

Hi soze, yes mate it pinged fine.

Jesus this is so frustrating, I can live without qBit but I bloody need Sab remote, I use it constantly :(

So in theory what should my Sab remote address be? Should it be it's own web UI address with the 8080 port? Or will it be something specific to my server? You know how shitty utorrent has it's own really bad website that you enter your remote page through Sab and qBit aren't like that are they? They are kind of self contained aren't they or am I missing by a mile here?

Also, I have just installed a Sab update which made no difference.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It will have the same IP as whatever computer it's on, just add :8080 to the end of it in your browser

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Post the ipconfig /all of your connected machines and servers m8 :)

Trem

Post the ipconfig /all of your connected machines and servers m8 :)

Yes ok I will do that.....erm.....so cmd prompt type in ipconfig /all then which part of that do you need? Remind me again how you bloody copy and paste out of the cmd box, it has been a while :(

Soze has kindly offered to have a look through team viewer as well but I think that will be later, I am guessing he is at work in the day unlike us dossers :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Right-click in the command prompt window after you have done the ipconfig /all, click Mark on the menu then drag the white box so that it includes all of the output from the command and then let go of the mouse button and hit enter to copy it and then paste it into notepad or straight here.

Poag

m00?
I can access it directly on the server where it is installed but I now cannot access it wirelessly from my laptop which is on the Home network, the only difference now is the change of router, 4 hours ago I could access it no problem from my laptop, change router and now it is a no go with the new router.

Thanks for your help soze but you need to explain what you mean to me in spacker terms please, I generally fumble my way through these things, I honestly don't think it is a windows firewall issue though. Oh, I also briefly added the server to the routers DMZ but that did nowt as well.
Make sure wireless segmentation is turned off.

Assuming the SAB server is connected via wifi aswell? Wifi Seg will stop devices from talking to each other for 'security'. On a public wlan or office wlan its fairly good, but on home ones causes..well issues.

If your wired directly into the hub with your sab server, ignore the above.

Poag

m00?
Not a thread hijack, but if anyones had experience doing torrenting behind a sockv5 proxy? Can leech no problem, but seeding seems super unhappy?

deluge/ubuntu setup

Trem

Make sure wireless segmentation is turned off.

I can't see that option anywhere in my routers settings, is it called something else on some routers or is it abbreviated?

Trem

Laptop settings, I think I have starred out the bits that I should of but probably not, let me know if there is information there that could lead to me having my poota fiddled with :eek:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 88-53-2E-15-CC-37
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b41a:91de:46fd:8de7%13(Preferr
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.43(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 30 July 2014 17:27:46
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 August 2014 13:18:27
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 361255726
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-55-06-66-14-FE-B5-B4-

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 176.67.**.**
178.79.***.**
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Poag

m00?
I can't see that option anywhere in my routers settings, is it called something else on some routers or is it abbreviated?
I'm afraid i donno. TBH i'd just cable it up and test if it then 'works'.

Trem

This has been fixed by soze, because he is a sexy cow that's why. He remotely fiddled with my poota and sussed out that sab works when using the name to connect remotely ie server:8080/sabnzb rather than ipaddress:8080/sabnzb after using his knowledge today that is also the problem with qBittorrent, so both are now solved but I have no idea why this has happened just by replacing the router.

Thanks for your input guys but a mighty big thank you to soze, mwah xxxxx

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have no idea why that happened either all I can think of is a dodgy route somewhere. Pining and IP address and it failing is normally terminal. They fact you can ping a name is the opposite of normal DNS issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom