Relic Raid

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
fucking pathetic, relics destroy a very fine balance and you just fucked it over even more. this just shows that you care more about a little dmgbonus than the fun of a good primetime relicraid.

relic = reward for good organisation on very large scale. late night raids are just sad, very sad. no respect for any of those who are involved, use your brain next time you think its fun to fuck up atmosphere and balance on the server

ty

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
They should reset the relic titles as well.

That's what some of the whiners are really upset about. Someone got a title and it's caused an outbreak of e-title envy. Get over it, it's a f*cking title in a computer game.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
Come on Lomme no need to quibble over semantics you know what i ment but just incase you didnt i will rephrase it just for you :fluffle:

what would you like the people to do who can only play offpeak ? stay out of the frontiers and only play in classic/si/toa zones ?

i hope this helps you understand what i ment :fluffle:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
3fg of late night players took advantage of a bad prime-time defence. If you can't understand the difference between that and 100 players all logging on at 5am (which is EXACTLY what both hib and mid have done previously) then you must be really blinkered. Then again, most of your posts totally fail to take anything anyone else says on board and you insist on using the oldest generalisations going. Read Anny's posts - it sums it up perfectly. Besides, I've said many times I personally don't like late night raids, but the reason it happened came from poor primetime defence, nothing else. Expecting a few groups of late night players to go "Eh up lads, it's gone midnight let's all go home" is pathetic.

I suppose you are aware of that all the albs that took Glenlock just disappeared straight away and we retook it with maybe 3-4 defenders about 20 mins later? And no, they didnt go for any other towers right away either, so, what happened really? They took Glenlock, disappeared, Glenlock was taken back, and 5? hours later they went for relics. What does this have to do with the defense at Glenlock earlier? It was lower level so the RR would have taken 10 more mins to complete?

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Anny said:
Come on Lomme no need to quibble over semantics you know what i ment but just incase you didnt i will rephrase it just for you :fluffle:

what would you like the people to do who can only play offpeak ? stay out of the frontiers and only play in classic/si/toa zones ?
Yes.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
That's what some of the whiners are really upset about. Someone got a title and it's caused an outbreak of e-title envy. Get over it, it's a f*cking title in a computer game.
Tbh, i don't care about the relics or the title. It was ment more as a joke.
You're the one who seems a little upset.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Someone post a sticky FAQ that explains to dumbasses that it says that your realm is underpopulated if you do not own all your own realms keeps. That would help people like this guy to make a fool out of himself by actually even for a second thinking albion is/ever was underpopulated.

Sorry for thinking a term should actually be defined from what the word actually means :< Guess i have yet to go out and buy the general guide for hardcore daoc nerds so i dont make any more ignorant mistakes! :rolleyes:

It's still only a myth, unless u can present some stats on the rvr pop

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
so because they cannot rvr at the same time as you they have no right to play in the frontiers when your not online ?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
. What does this have to do with the defense at Glenlock earlier? It was lower level so the RR would have taken 10 more mins to complete?

I'm guessing, but the difference between the keep being level 4 and level 10 would be enough to discourage a relic attempt by a few late night stragglers. I could be wrong though :p

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Anny said:
so because they cannot rvr at the same time as you they have no right to play in the frontiers when your not online ?
Exactly.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I'm guessing, but the difference between the keep being level 4 and level 10 would be enough to discourage a relic attempt by a few late night stragglers. I could be wrong though :p

Yeah, the difference of ONE keep being lvl 4 instead of 9, when 5? keeps were taken, of which 4 were lvl 9 or 10, would probably have made the difference. Or it COULD be option 2, you were wrong, all along, it had nothing to do with the defense at Glenlock.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
thought so, i just needed to see you say it, thanks lomme :fluffle:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Anny said:
thought so, i just needed to see you say it, thanks lomme :fluffle:

fine to play in frontier, not fine to wreck a balance and wreck all sence of morales to take relics at that time ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Tbh, i don't care about the relics or the title. It was ment more as a joke.
You're the one who seems a little upset.

Just tired of all the pitiful bitching. It's the usual mix of hypocrasy and generalisations, you'd think people would have grown out of it by now :(

Shame really, the 3 hour siege at Glenlock during prime-time was a lot of fun.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
fine to play in frontier, not fine to wreck a balance and wreck all sence of morales to take relics at that time ;)

I'd agree if they weren't being reset in a couple of weeks. Folks just need to get it in perspective.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I agree with Vodkafairy

Sad when Relic raid is done off prime time, much more fun and respectworthy when organized prime-time and involving planning, tactics and large amount of people ( to get that kind of epic feeling ), but noone gives a fuck about that anymore obviously.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
Just tired of all the pitiful bitching. It's the usual mix of hypocrasy and generalisations, you'd think people would have grown out of it by now :(

Shame really, the 3 hour siege at Glenlock during prime-time was a lot of fun.
:fluffle:

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Until Albion decides to take the relics at 5am after clustering also then what will the excuses be? *shrugs*

What gets me is why Albion doesn't try relic raids at peak times so we can all have a bit of fun, instead of killing NPC's at 5am.

Jarod

Fledgling Freddie
Mids / Hibs should shut up, they had relics for a really long time before NF so now its our (Albs) time in the sun and if u want to have balance just take them back and dont whine here so much :touch:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Yeah, the difference of ONE keep being lvl 4 instead of 9, when 5? keeps were taken, of which 4 were lvl 9 or 10, would probably have made the difference. Or it COULD be option 2, you were wrong, all along, it had nothing to do with the defense at Glenlock.

I'd put money on that if Glen hadn't fallen the relics would still be there -but guess we'll never know ;)

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
Jarod said:
Mids / Hibs should shut up, they had relics for a really long time before NF so now its our (Albs) time in the sun and if u want to have balance just take them back and dont whine here so much :touch:

We do take em back and we do it prime time like allways, but whats the point when albs take em back in the middle of the night, i only wish that albs had the balls to face the enemy on even numbers but i guess thats never gonna happen when you got dickless players like bracken in your realm.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I'd agree if they weren't being reset in a couple of weeks. Folks just need to get it in perspective.

what difference does it make? its about the principle of preferring relic dmg over the fun fight its supposed to be to get it. velly pathetic, even if they're getting reset soon

its quite obvious that its no fucking point doing a primetime raid because you'll only take it back in the morning anyways. and i bet many hibs would do the same if they could, mids aswell.

would be nice if people could just stop and think whats best fun for all and the best overall way to have this server - neutral relics and many primetime raids, whether they fail or not. but nooo... dmg loLZ EPEEN KEKEke +++++++111!1

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Jarod said:

Well done blatantly missing the point.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Jarod said:

You should join Platin, and together your powers of posting crap you will destroy the evil hibs and mids. :(

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
If you worry about these things you really really should`nt be playing a 24/7 game .What gives you the right to say people shouldnt have the same rvr experiances at any given time of the day just because it does`nt fit in with your leet attitude to 'primetime'.If 100 albs play the game 1am till 7am every night does this mean they don`t have the 'right' to experiance a relic raid?God i hope you dont play planetside yu`d be crying yaself to sleep every night over lost bases at 2am:p Oh and i dont see relic bonuses making any differance to your fg rolling over soloers anyway.

Ging

Part of the furniture
18 months with MID's +20% Melee Dmg and HIB's +20% Magic Dmg due to unassailable Relic Keeps placements.

I fooking love NF!

im an alb and always will be an ALB and i sleep very well every night from about midnight to 7am. I will rvr with or without the relics as I have done for the last 3 years (mostly without the relics). I don't care about early morning/late night relic raids, i never have. I've never got out of bed early for any rvr event.

When it comes down to the advantages of the relics in group based rvr i don't believe that they will have that great affect. A well played balanced hib/mid group will still win most of the time over a well played alb grp due to the excess of utility the classes have. I don't believe my grp i run with most of the time will be able to beat DH, Groove or NP even with all the relics.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
Until Albion decides to take the relics at 5am after clustering also then what will the excuses be? *shrugs*

What gets me is why Albion doesn't try relic raids at peak times so we can all have a bit of fun, instead of killing NPC's at 5am.

Replace the word albion with "people" and you might get taken seriously. Hibs raid in January was a true alarmclock raid but still you insist on having a go at Albs. Mids have done a fair few over the years too. That's what stinks - the hypocrasy. To be fair to VF, he's the only hib that I remember having a go at the hib ac raid too, so atleast he's consistent if nothing else ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
If you worry about these things you really really should`nt be playing a 24/7 game .What gives you the right to say people shouldnt have the same rvr experiances at any given time of the day just because it does`nt fit in with your leet attitude to 'primetime'.If 100 albs play the game 1am till 7am every night does this mean they don`t have the 'right' to experiance a relic raid?God i hope you dont play planetside yu`d be crying yaself to sleep every night over lost bases at 2am:p Oh and i dont see relic bonuses making any differance to your fg rolling over soloers anyway.

annoying little prick always trying to provoke me - i dont worry about these things at all. just saying its my opinion and the server would be more fun if there wouldnt be any morning raids.

and for 'my' fg running over soloers, if i can help it not a single soloer that doesn't deserve it will get steamrolled. however you, and almost any other SH member deserve nothing less. many people i left solo only to add on me later, well they are not getting spared again, same goes for "some" people who run with a massive stealthzerg day in day out

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, GOA/Mythic should just implement a feature that makes it impossible to open the relic gates between 00.00 and 12.00.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
I think if in general ALL realms did more relic raids primetime then I think this would result in alot more people in RvR being more confident about taking back keeps and not doing AC raids instead, it kinda gives an aura of realm spirit and encourages people to take part in raids and re-takes. It's nice when people get involved and when you see massive battles between realms it actually reminds you why you play this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom