Relic Raid Blabbers - Part Two

K

kr0n

Originally posted by gwyneth-love
I dont see albs complaing about morning raids here. And there was 50+ albs in sauvage before i sounded the alarm on Irc ( didnt know it was against the rullez so im sorry ) . I do complain about 20 turrets in a keep abusing LoS :p

Good one Gwyneth. That was such a good excuse... "I didnt know the rules sorry".

Twat.

E

Edlina

no getting in this any further..

Because you know what you did was wrong and cost Hibernia the other 2 str relics.

Oh ffs, this is such crap, we would have had the other 2 relics for sure, but morons have to use a cheat like that when hibs were "defending" excalibur from the albs so we could get the other 2 relics, this is fucked imo :( so low, cost us 2 relics.

G

Generic Poster

no getting in this any further..

You fucked up, now you get flamed.

While a relic-raid is still in progress, it should not be mentioned in IRC. Not too difficult to understand. Anyone who can't resist blabbering "RELIC RAID" should be insta-banned.

Hibs: You stupid Lurikeen are sooo gonna feel some pain :eek:

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Edlina
Because you know what you did was wrong and cost Hibernia the other 2 str relics.

Oh ffs, this is such crap, we would have had the other 2 relics for sure, but morons have to use a cheat like that when hibs were "defending" excalibur from the albs so we could get the other 2 relics, this is fucked imo :( so low, cost us 2 relics.

At least he not a bug exploiter :p

J

Jace

Give it a rest Krypt, IRC is no more against the CoC than me phoning people to let them know.

Bloody well done to Hibs on achieving what you did . . . shame Krypt completely overshadowed it with another pointless whine thread cause he's such a poor loser :(

B

bone_idle

We had people monitoring irc for this exact reason. And again someone says it. Why cant you just not say anything. Is it that hard. Pick up your phone and call people just dont mention it in irc. Simple. or is that too hard for you. :rolleyes:

B

bone_idle

I do complain about 20 turrets in a keep abusing LoS :p

Couldnt have been that many. Only 2 animists were there and push out about 8 mushrooms each mana bar. :D

T

Tesla Monkor

Yeah, and mana potions are so insanely hard to get, as are power-regen options. Come on. Claiming that an animist only ever has 8 pets is naive.

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Yeah, and mana potions are so insanely hard to get, as are power-regen options. Come on. Claiming that an animist only ever has 8 pets is naive.

Yes but so is albs claiming that the LoS bug worked against them :rolleyes:

And, we would have had those 2 relics, so sad imo :(

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by bone_idle
We had people monitoring irc for this exact reason. And again someone says it. Why cant you just not say anything. Is it that hard. Pick up your phone and call people just dont mention it in irc. Simple. or is that too hard for you. :rolleyes:

Err the point was that using the phone is no different morally :eek:

F

fatgit

Id happily let hibs take the str relics, with 2 mains being casters I want the bloody POW ones!

Pity we have the worst relic keep in the game for em to go in, and 99% of albs say "Snowdonia ? You mean it doesnt end at the fortress ? :p

Back on topic, people giving away relic raids in #daoc.prydwen should be shot :eek:

M

Meatballs

It wasn't given away though albion knew, he was just informing the albions who wern't logged in...

Incidently what does the Chronicles show when a relic goes neutral? (whats the update timer on chronicles?) Because if that shows it then theres not that great a difference between it and irc.

E

Esoteric

:clap: Hibbies

Though I question why you went for a str relic when we all know that the power ones are what you need ;-)

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Jace
Give it a rest Krypt, IRC is no more against the CoC than me phoning people to let them know.

Bloody well done to Hibs on achieving what you did . . . shame Krypt completely overshadowed it with another pointless whine thread cause he's such a poor loser :(

If anyones the losers albion is. They lost 1 relic we gained one, yeah we didnt get our final goal but that aint losing.

J

Jonaldo

I logged in at Exc where is was logged and i got killed in 10 secs or so .. released check`s sauvage for Alb numbers and decided to say it on irc .( 20 minutes later the relic was neutrel ) . Ok its true that its not nice to warn fellow albs but if you are a man of honour etc you dont raid at these times. ( we albs do morning raids but we dont whine about irc afterwards ) . So stop whining and give out relic back !! .

You realise that with your name and server in your sig and admitting to doing all this, effectively and of the Prydwen GM's (Kemor and Zargar *just in case they do name searches for posts ;) ) could just ban you when they next read this?

This has zer0 effect on me as I'm mid but how many times does it have to happen before people realises it's actually cheating?

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Meatballs
Incidently what does the Chronicles show when a relic goes neutral? (whats the update timer on chronicles?) Because if that shows it then theres not that great a difference between it and irc.

What're the odds that someone sits with a Chronicles window open watching for signs of relic movement?

What're the odds that a large number of offline players keep IRC session open, while doing other things?

I'd be scared of anyone who does the former(extreme dedication) but the latter is more than common.

Originally posted by Meatballs
It wasn't given away though albion knew, he was just informing the albions who wern't logged in...

...and that makes it any more acceptable?

If it is, where does it stop?
You see "A scout from your keep was killed with 100 enemy in the area" so you run into IRC and yell "100 NME AT SURS"

You see 100 hibs leaving hpk and before they can reach the hmg, you're in IRC yelling "100 HIBS IN HW +RELIC RAID ALERT!!!+"

No difference between that and what Drizzt did, so why not go all the way and place someone in Hib at their portal keep. When they see shit loads of Hibs porting out, they can run into IRC and sound the alarm. Better still, get someone into a Hib guild so you know of relic raids before they happen!

Sounds absurd, but it'll ruin the effort put in by dozens of Hibs just the same as blabbering mid-raid. Except you can catch them in HW and save them from wasting a dozen rams.

Phonecalls vs IRC - There is a big difference
How many phone numbers do you have of people playing in your realm?
Are you telling me you can contact each and every person by phone, as you could via IRC?

How many people can you phone at the same time to get the message across. Can you do it as quickly as on IRC?

They're in different leagues and shouldn't be compared.

Using IRC to call on anyone who is not already ingame, during the course of a Relic Raid is not legal. I'm not going to dig out information from the CoC/EULA as most of it is common sense and I've never been bored enough to read it. But I know using IRC in this manner changes the course of the game in ways that the DAoC client does not allow. Hence you are using a third-party tool to gain advantage over your realm mates. Why not use some radar hack while you're at it.. ultimately, you're fucking up the game for several players.

Finally, Hibs must not be allowed to say we defend the relics by cheating. If Albion defends it's relics, it's through it's own skill, employed legally, and done with honour. Blast those Luris, they'll never stop crying about this :(

E

Edlina

Originally posted by Edlina

I'd just like to second my own opinion, tbh!

E

Edlina

Oh, and encourage albs to /rude at drizzt next time you see him, and let us get the other 2 relics :D

;)

J

Jace

"If anyones the losers albion is. They lost 1 relic we gained one, yeah we didnt get our final goal but that aint losing."

If you're reffering to the royal we as in Hibernia yes I think you did bloody well, damn nice to see Hibs as a force to be reckoned with.

YOU on the other hand are a sore loser and should stop the wine posts detracting from a great Hib performance.

It's about time people woke up and smelt the coffee here, the Internet is as valid a method of communication as phone calls and mail, if you can't handle that then pls log off now.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Jace
"If anyones the losers albion is. They lost 1 relic we gained one, yeah we didnt get our final goal but that aint losing."

If you're reffering to the royal we as in Hibernia yes I think you did bloody well, damn nice to see Hibs as a force to be reckoned with.

YOU on the other hand are a sore loser and should stop the wine posts detracting from a great Hib performance.

It's about time people woke up and smelt the coffee here, the Internet is as valid a method of communication as phone calls and mail, if you can't handle that then pls log off now.

EDIT: Deleted what I said, read a few of your posts in other threads and you aint worth bothering with.

D

Damon_D

blabber mouths should be shot then banned.. then shot again for good measure....

J

Jace

LOL, superb, made my day :)

Wassup Krypt, cat got your tongue . . . or did soemone steal it over IRC, lol :)

G

gwyneth-love

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
EDIT: Deleted what I said, read a few of your posts in other threads and you aint worth bothering with.

You wanne kill your own thread ??

R

r00tz

Im afraid you cant use the "working as intended" exscuse here, Relaying relic information via irc for the benefit of your realm is plain cheating, and against the CoC. So why are so many of you trying to justify this as being no big deal?

"<[TLW]Drizzt> ALL ALBS EXC IS GOING DOWN !"

Im sure i wouldnt like all my hard work and organisation being screwed with like that.

"Ok its true that its not nice to warn fellow albs but if you are a man of honour etc you dont raid at these times"

Nice comment, would you like a drink to wash your foot down with?

E

eben

Hey Krypt what you gonna say about hibs blabbing on IRC about the relic raid on them by albs to get str relic back?

T

tieris

I for one can't see the problem with using irc to sound the alarm, it's the same as if I used an online method to sms alot of friends. Hibs need to feel they have a resaon for only getting as far as they did and irc seems to be their scapegoat :p Imo it was only our slow reacting to the situation that allowed you to get as far as you did. Be pround of yourselves, dont whine about a valid form of communication.

L

Lanfaer

Originally posted by tieris
I for one can't see the problem with using irc to sound the alarm.

if you can't see the reason why not to, then please change server asap since we do not want your kind here :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread