Regarding server lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlander said:
I dont like you though :p

only joking :D

<3 you outie :D

RS|Phil said:
Actually I don't consider you at all. Your posts narc be for bout five seconds during which time if the reply box has loaded then I'll respond but if the FH lagginess is still showing me the load bar I'll just close it and do something else.
lol k xD

shaark

Loyal Freddie
CstasY said:
My Swedish mate has a 100mb line, only costs the equivalent of £18 in KR..

Sorry but people who use the wanker smiley really piss me off.

so what, i have 20mbs and i even use half of that speed, servers r limited on up:eek:ad bandwith

Comos

Loyal Freddie
How's the lag atm?
Not home yet... saw they did a server maintenance

maybe it's fixed!!! :m00:

oh who am I kidding :D

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Sinnica said:
gooooooaaaaaa get your act together :mad:

OFC, instead of just whining on the forums, I'm sure you've sent a ping plot info / tracerts to rightnow...

Or is that just too productive for you?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Dakkath said:
OFC, instead of just whining on the forums, I'm sure you've sent a ping plot info / tracerts to rightnow...

Perhaps he's not sure how to and unwilling to dedicate the time to learn - I know this might seem simple to you and me but some people do just want to play the game. Signing up on a forum is often the furthest a lot of people will go.

I'm sure you're smart enough to appreciate how posting on the forum he knows best might be the only form of venting his opinion he knows.

We can't all be leet kiddies.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Dakkath said:

And what if he did?

btw I think it's reasonable for ppl to express their impatience, I've lost count of how many months we've had lag by now.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
lol, such emotions :D I'm just pissed at GoA because daoc is unplayable atm and I want to play :twak:
and just for the record, I sent it to them :mad:

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Theurg enters the instance, first mob, summons 1. earth pet, lag, 1. pet dies, mob agros, clicks on door, lag, dead.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
Theurg enters the instance, first mob, summons 1. earth pet, lag, 1. pet dies, mob agros, clicks on door, lag, dead.

Serves ya right for rolling an OP toon :D

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:

As I commented before with regards pings and tracert's they are only so usefull. If the router is running at say 95% cpu the readings will be of little use. All routers (good quality) are designed to drop packets from pings when they get to a lvl of cpu usage.

I noticed for instance last night before 7pm GMT that my 2 connections were running laggless with around 700 users online. After about 8:30 pm and with an extra 200 users I was suffering from the worsed lag in a while.

I mabe incorrect with regards to a faulty router but it looks like it, or even one that is badly configured.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Players don't have to send in pingplots if they don't want to. They have every right to whine about it, they pay to play the game and the game isn't upto standards. Some people don't know how to send pingplots etc, and some people just cba to because they shouldn't have to.

So before replying saying stfu stop whining, they have every right to, and instead of replying with stfu just ignore it.

How to do pingplot

Download Pingplotter from http://www.pingplotter.com then install.

Type the server IP's into the Address to Trace box.

Server IPs:
Prydwen: 193.252.123.177
Excalibur: 193.252.123.33
Camlann: 193.252.123.147

Change Trace Interval to 5 seconds then click trace.

Run it for a while, save it and then send it to Rightnow, under catagory 'Life on your server'.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Run it for a while, save it and then send it to Rightnow, under catagory 'Life on your server'.

should make a new catagory "lag on your server" :wub:

majik

Banned
First of all apologies if I haven't read this in previous posts made about the subject.

The recent lag on both prydwen/excal has been causing some distress, goa say they are working on the problem which I have believe they are doing, but is there anything anyone else knows about the situation. For example:

Is it the same on other servers run by GoA?
Is there any known cause of the problem?
Anything that is definately not causing the lag?

It'd be nice to be told the latest on the situation instead of being left in the dark as this is what it feels like. If anyone knows for certain any information on this subject, it'd be nice if you could share the info with me. It'd be nice for a GoA rep to respond to this, although they are most likely very busy at the moment and are probably fed up of explaining in time and time again, no harm in trying though:)

Thank you.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Sort lag alrdy.

nuff said, getting unplayable now, if ita a FEW lag spikes a day sure, but not a 5-6 second lag spike every 10 seconds or so, taking the piss.

don't bother askingh for ping plots, sent in enough alrdy now get the thing sorted, fucking rediculous :x

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
can throw in another question aswell

you had have 2 server maintence the last 2 weeks with no help what is heppaning? and will you compensate us ?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I second this motion. Already people I know are not logging in, or logging in and out after a couple of minutes of lag experience!

Gayner

Fledgling Freddie
Unable to log in

Because of this PRO FUCKING TERRIFIC lag gayner went LD during a zone change and now i cant log him in.

on the character menu it says

Gayner
Level 50

dosent say "in <some place>"

and if i click him nothing happens.

any ideas,

ta.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yep, same as Gear, i've had a few guildies logging in, feel the lag, and logging back out. It's actually got worse since the maintenance was done; i dread to think what'll happen tommorow when Pryd gets its special time :(.

To conclude, lag is like an STI, it comes once pretty bad, then it goes away and everything's fine. Then when you least expect it, it'll return with much greater severity :(

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I've died 3 times today due to the lag. It really is incredibly infuriating. I just pray tomorrow mornings maintanence will fix it, although I don't get my hopes up...

ImaNoobie

Fledgling Freddie
They (GoA) have probably had hundreds if not thousands of Ping Plotter graphs sent them all saying the same thing: The lag is on their network/servers. I don't even think they've come out and admitted its their network/servers. They'll continue to blame everything else though.

The question the customers should be asking is: Can they actually fix it?

The lag on their servers has been going on quite awhile now so its not looking very good. Lets hope when Mythic open offices here in Europe they tell GoA to go fuck off.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
OK this is taking the piss outta your userbase. I'm sure I speak for every player on the servers when I say this is enough.

You are taking the piss outta all of us and using our loyalty to the game/commnity and taking our hard earned cash for a piss poor service.

I have been patience with regards the lag but I just renewed my 2 accounts for a month and I would like a months free gametime for this shit.

How the hell do you expect us to play this.

I remember when the servers had over 1200 people on each server. I remember when you were hard pushed to get onto plains cos of all the groups.

It wasnt laggy then.

We now have less than 900 a night and its lag every 10 secs or so. If I had not invested so much time in my players and didnt have so many guild friends I would have left weeks ago.

Its not players leaving for other games that is killing the populations on the servers it is things like this that will be the death of DAOC

Well done GOA and dont bother to say its not our faults we are doing our best to resolve it. If that was the case it would have been fixed by now.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It isn't in our network it's on a couple of hubs close to, but not in, our network. If it was in our network it would most likely have been fixed by now. Everything we can do to sort it out is being done however that isn't much more than forwarding the reports you send us to OT so their techs can try and pinpoint the problem.

The recent and upcoming server shutdowns were not to do with the lag, they were for server OS upgrades and some game adjustments.

majik

Banned
Requiel said:
It isn't in our network it's on a couple of hubs close to, but not in, our network. If it was in our network it would most likely have been fixed by now. Everything we can do to sort it out is being done however that isn't much more than forwarding the reports you send us to OT so their techs can try and pinpoint the problem.

The recent and upcoming server shutdowns were not to do with the lag, they were for server OS upgrades and some game adjustments.

Since you know the problem and are in contact with the people who are responsible for the problem, will you be able to inform us as to when it is likely to be fixed or of any updates from the people in charge of fixing this or is it simply against company policy or something of the sort?

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

That I have already mentioned in an earlier post I know its not your servers and is related to internal networking BUT I assume you pay a company for hosting your servers and I assume that all things before your server cluster belong to them. You pay them use of bandwidth and for the network inferstrcture to enable you to provide us with this service.

We pay you so that we can play and provide you with income for that service.

It is GOA's responsability to provide us with a service that we can play.

We have been patiant Requil and now people in my guild are logging for the night.

To be honest I'm sure most people would find it better to have the servers down untill this is resolved and to be compensated for the downtime.

That would give you and whoever else is in the network suite time to fix it and we would not get a crappy service.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
majik said:
Since you know the problem and are in contact with the people who are responsible for the problem, will you be able to inform us as to when it is likely to be fixed or of any updates from the people in charge of fixing this or is it simply against company policy or something of the sort?
There's no company policy against telling you things, it's just that we can only tell you what we know and we aren't going to pull a date out of a hat or go on an estimate until we know it's 100% accurate. If we said 'OT techs tell us it will probably be fixed by thursday' and it isn't then we are going to get the complaints for breaking a promise. It's why we don't announce patch dates very far in advance.

All that I know is that people are working on it and it'll be fixed as soon as possible. I can't say how long that will be.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Well Game is Totally unplayable so I logged for the night HF Every 1.

Soulja

majik

Banned
Requiel said:
There's no company policy against telling you things, it's just that we can only tell you what we know and we aren't going to pull a date out of a hat or go on an estimate until we know it's 100% accurate. If we said 'OT techs tell us it will probably be fixed by thursday' and it isn't then we are going to get the complaints for breaking a promise. It's why we don't announce patch dates very far in advance.

All that I know is that people are working on it and it'll be fixed as soon as possible. I can't say how long that will be.

Thank you for your time.

flinter

Fledgling Freddie
Then I guess you must have considered some sort of reimbursement by now? We have suffered under this for a long time now, and it has decreased our playing experience to close to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom