Reduce Magic Damage...

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
against the infil, well, it ate the PA. otherwise, not really.
pally died by his own hand more or less, grapple against a caster isn't a good idea. ;)
but with the ability to mezz and root and nuke there isn't much they can do once you get to cast.

and cd hit bladeturn and anytimer hit pet => qc pbae mez => nuke .. interupted (GS), get hit twice, pet intercepts rest = can carry on nuking as not being interupted. So not really *just* PA >< You died if pet intercepted less, id id have golm charge up, if id resisted mez etc.

VS certain classes its 50/50 on who wins as its entirely dependant on things the player has no control over such as intercepts.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
there's always a lot of "if's" about what could have happened.

-if- I had respecced to MoC yet it wouldn't have mattered a whole lot if you used GS or not.

-if- I had jumped down in the water and you had come after me, I could've nuked you mid air ;)

casters deal too much damage too fast. with RAs and MLs it just get's worse.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i once shut down a mid group totaly with moc ae root spam....if they had tanks could i have done that? 0o

Afran

Part of the furniture
Out in open field, a decent group of tanks can take a caster grp :p

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:
Main difference in RP's could be attributed to the fact casters can earn decent RP's in Keep fights and be solo / duo or in a group with virtually no support where as tanks can't. I guess that means there are less RvR oportunitys for tanks at the moment.

Agree with you.. Thats why i said caster+tower/keep make caster look more overpowered than they are. Still think they need to tone down caster dmg with reduced castingspeed.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
against the infil, well, it ate the PA. otherwise, not really.
pally died by his own hand more or less, grapple against a caster isn't a good idea. ;)
but with the ability to mezz and root and nuke there isn't much they can do once you get to cast.

lol it was your SM? I loged my paladin after 2 months, misspress graple instead of backslash was easy due to rust. I started laughing when it happen tbh, best way to suicide on caster. :p

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
Dear Diary,

today I took my little Spiritmaster (Darkness, 47, RR2l9) out for some RvR.
Enemies killed:

RR10 Paladin - grappled me :touch:
RR8 Infil - he got the jump
3 man stealth group (2 scouts, 1 infil all ~RR6)
Firewiz(RR4?) with his Cleric(RR5) buddy
several others

~15k RPs soloed today with a sub lvl50 that has barely any ToA gear, and a crappy player on top of that ;)

but I guess Casters are working as intended :D

Sounds more like a problem with SM utility to me...but then again I'm just jealous. :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
ybarbuffed SMpet is just silly. Light tank with 2100 ws chain positionals and pet just intercept, intercept and intercept some more. SMs dont know how good they actually have it I think :) Dont know any caster with any better defense overall vs tanks since its always there.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
Dear Diary,

today I took my little Spiritmaster (Darkness, 47, RR2l9) out for some RvR.
Enemies killed:

RR10 Paladin - grappled me :touch:
RR8 Infil - he got the jump
3 man stealth group (2 scouts, 1 infil all ~RR6)
Firewiz(RR4?) with his Cleric(RR5) buddy
several others

~15k RPs soloed today with a sub lvl50 that has barely any ToA gear, and a crappy player on top of that ;)

but I guess Casters are working as intended :D
Those ppl must have been afk or very very very unskilled, I could probably 1 shot you xD

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Wish we had a nice pet like that in the wizard ice line :( Offers so much protection. That plus brittles must make them damn tough to kill in melee.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i dunno i ran into a sm just outside of berks 1 hiding behind a tree waiting to get the jump on me.

i nuked him to death in around 4 nukes with my lifetap. Sms pets cant intercept for a nuke in the face :D

and as a tank i would have some charged up on artifacts that can interupt such as band of stars or others. very few people use charged dd's on items to interupt casters then end up toast its quite funny :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I hardly have a problem with the damage casters do in NF, in OF I would get hit for around 1k each hit while now people are hitting for 400-600 mainly so that's alot less which is nice.
Though casting speeds are insane it might be a good thing to adjust them instead of the damage seeing less casting speed also equals less damage (over time).
And don't forget in the open field a caster is completely useless against a tank (seeing as most tanks are Banelord now..) they will just Unmana and Demoralize(sp?) you and you can't cast for 5 minutes or something like that add a little bit of Static Tempest and TWF and it's game over for the caster while casters have the most advantage in keep sieges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom