Red = Dead

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
After last nights 'duel' with Maxitis where he was guarded and healed by Sharpness I have decided enough is enough. No more soloing. Its red its dead.

Finally learnt that soloers are too few and far between. Zefs 1 time soloer now a renowned adder is a prime example of how some 1 time soloers are now resorting to other means to kill there opponent so as such I will no longer stand and watch a duel. If its there and its red you can guarantee i will add unless its Theodon/Yrendan/Graendal/Duzic/Shatterhand/Phibes. Everyone else are just part time soloers imo and as such will be added on.

Have fun.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Reignfire said:
After last nights 'duel' with Maxitis where he was guarded and healed by Sharpness I have decided enough is enough. No more soloing. Its red its dead.

Finally learnt that soloers are too few and far between. Zefs 1 time soloer now a renowned adder is a prime example of how some 1 time soloers are now resorting to other means to kill there opponent so as such I will no longer stand and watch a duel. If its there and its red you can guarantee i will add unless its Theodon/Yrendan/Graendal/Duzic/Shatterhand/Phibes. Everyone else are just part time soloers imo and as such will be added on.

Have fun.

I've often thought it would be so much easier to just give up and do the same thing.
But then I realise its just a game and the assholes are simply not worth getting stressed about and not worth the wasted emotion.
And its also not fair to punish the good people who do not deserve to be added on either, who are just like yourself trying to have a good fight.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yep everyones thought this. whats the point being nice and not adding if im just gonna get shafted.

well, nightsend, you reeled off a list of nice honorable players there. I could prolly add another 20 names to that list within a minute of thinking about it and maybe get upto somewhere in the region of 50 names if i really thought about it hard.

What does this tell you????

That although a huge majority in this game play like assholes, theres a small minority that despite this carry on playing the game in a selfless way that centres on fun and giving respect to opponents.

If "everyone" in this gamed played like assholes, then the decision to become one of these assholes would be easy..... but as long as you at least have one person in this game who still plays with respect, then you have a choice of what catagory you wanna fall into (an asshole or a respectfull player).

So you have choisen to become an asshole on the grounds that the majority are assholes. If you understand my arguement here you realise that if you take that path you might as well just quit. You wont have fun playing, you will get hated, and if you headless chicken add sooner or later you will be shafting one of the good guys (who you just never gave the chance to show u he was a good guy).....

The saving grace for this situation your in, is that pretty much all daoc players say this to themselves when they have had a bad nights RVR and they are generally pissed off.... The fact that you are even telling the "community" that your "going bad" so to speak means that you have been trying in your eyes to play good... so stick with it and forget about the assholes. in daoc as in IRL we all get a limited shelf life or innings, its important that no matter what you spend you time doing you try and be nice. that goes for daoc too.

forget the morons that say its a comp game, im a casual player, I dont take it too seriously, it doesnt say we are not supposed to add.... these are the players that take it so seriously they devorce themselves from the competative fun side of the game all in favour of griefing other players over a virtual number. nothing casual about that, and at the end of the day it just makes the game crap and we all loose.

illu

Part of the furniture
censi said:
yep everyones thought this. whats the point being nice and not adding if im just gonna get shafted.

well, nightsend, you reeled off a list of nice honorable players there. I could prolly add another 20 names to that list within a minute of thinking about it and maybe get upto somewhere in the region of 50 names if i really thought about it hard.

That although a huge majority in this game play like assholes, theres a small minority that despite this carry on playing the game in a selfless way that centres on fun and giving respect to opponents.

If "everyone" in this gamed played like assholes, then the decision to become one of these assholes would be easy..... but as long as you at least have one person in this game who still plays with respect, then you have a choice of what catagory you wanna fall into (an asshole or a respectfull player).

So you have choisen to become an asshole on the grounds that the majority are assholes. If you understand my arguement here you realise that if you take that path you might as well just quit. You wont have fun playing, you will get hated, and if you headless chicken add sooner or later you will be shafting one of the good guys (who you just never gave the chance to show u he was a good guy).....

The saving grace for this situation your in, is that pretty much all daoc players say this to themselves when they have had a bad nights RVR and they are generally pissed off.... The fact that you are even telling the "community" that your "going bad" so to speak means that you have been trying in your eyes to play good... so stick with it and forget about the assholes. in daoc as in IRL we all get a limited shelf life or innings, its important that no matter what you spend you time doing you try and be nice. that goes for daoc too.

forget the morons that say its a comp game, im a casual player, I dont take it too seriously, it doesnt say we are not supposed to add.... these are the players that take it so seriously they devorce themselves from the competative fun side of the game all in favour of griefing other players over a virtual number. nothing casual about that, and at the end of the day it just makes the game crap and we all loose.

Yup make your choice!

It's funny when people like Horner come into Midland now, hell, actually wherever he is, he's pee'd off so many people, people go out of their way to kill him and send him back to his /bindpoint and they will steamroll him for payback for all the times he has "unfairly" killed them.

The choice is yours :)

BTW I'd just like to add that I like Horner, he either lets me finish fights (rare) or just zaps me to hell and back, and I've probably given him half his RPs from my repeated failed attempts to kill him, and the times I've been unfortunate to be anywhere near him, so I'll gladly occasionally join a team to get some of that RP back, since he is unkillable by a solo stealther :>

And it's not been a good night until I get a couple of /rudes from him :>

Oli - Illu

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
censi said:

Not a bad post censi

(gah, I'm getting soft)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Originally Posted by censi

Normally i tend to not post in FH anything related to those type of flames/qq/whine threads or however the FH troll dudes call it but on this particular point i would like to express my point of view towards Censi's way of thinking and 'naming' .
Personally i dont bother either if i am with my group or solo with those type of fights ( although i do trying a few duels with my vamp but i suck anyway ) however i would never come in a public place with the minimal age of signing up on virtually 0 and categorize those 'alien' people ( from your point of view ) as such as 'assholes'. In my eyes u dont stand on a better category than those people ( 'assholes' ) as the usage of incredibly 'smart' however non - polite words from you are highly used in your posts thus the reason u get banned every now and then such as many other aswell. Instead of trying to alienate people's thoughts and abuse everyone else that has a different style than yourself and few people more ( including me ) wouldnt be a good thing to be at least mature enough and respect the fact that different people is what makes the world go round? Or let me givf you an example which ive used before:

Assuming u are a smoker and u get a job. The first day u go to work and boss says to you: i dont like smokers, U reply : fu asshole and u leave?. I pretty much think u try to adapt the way - standards the job offers you instead. Same goes irl and in game. U dont play a single player game were u config everything to your taste. U play a mmorpg and u actually have to adapt the idea that different people exist so different ways of playing do exist aswell. So instead of categorizing and naming people in public - try to respect the fact that your not alone in this world.
Personally i do respect you as a person and player and ive been reading your posts and ideas and whatever since Barrysword was shining and it wont change the picture i have for you but i think u are mature enough to get over with it. In the end of the day it wont change people playstyle no matter how we name them or call em. Its something each player has to do.

Regards
Mck

PS: No offence withing my post pointed at Censi. Just stated my POV and if u felt offended i do apologize.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Reignfire said:
If its there and its red you can guarantee i will add unless its Theodon/Yrendan/Graendal/Duzic/Shatterhand/Phibes.

Have fun.

you hurt my feelings :(

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Reignfire said:

Have fun.

Delighted you can't add on hibs :)´

I do admit some days for visible solo'ers are unplayable... but others makes you love this game more than any other you've ever played... Admittedly I have speed though, makes it a bit more comfortable tbh.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
How about some of you stop calling ppl that add assholes for a change...

The only real assholes out here are those that are high realm ranked and can't stop feeling good when they can win a one on one fight.

There is no such good thing as a good fight, you know why?

If duels were meant to be why is it that classes like Necromancers eat you dueling pieces of shit like candy?

Why is it that you never will engage a class that you know you can't win from?
Why do you always pick a fight of which you can make an estimanted victory of about 80% ?

It's about time you all snapped out of your stupid epeen measuring... if beating someone up in a one on one makes you feel good and is the only way you think you can have fun, you should roll another class in another world.

If you really love roaming solo, there are a few things you have to keep in mind. Without an arranged spot, without an irc/msn, without a forum organised x-realm event, chances you will meet someone SOLO out there, on that huge 3 parts map are very slim.

Back in the good old days when GM's and goa personal used to put efford into making big purple mobs spawn at the arranged spots (But now since you are the main reason wh ppl keep leaving the game (next to plain boredom ofc) they can't be arse to lose more ppl in the realms). There were no whines off adding or crying kids. Eversince they have lowered the level off tolerance to keep ppl playing, whines are like the only usefull information you can find on this crap rvr-forum.

So the primairy reason why those solo ppl whine and cry when they get ganked is just cause they are to lazy and to stupid to know what they should be doing to find the fight in an honest non-out of game arranged way.

It is pretty simple... you solo'ers just suck.

i love roaming solo, and i can say that losing a fight versus a full group isn't pleasant, but it is the calculated risk of knowing you are roaming in a zone where there used to be 2000 ppl playing, now after all crying whining and lack of decent sponsorship, about 750 in prime time.

So pls , just stop whining and crying, stop calling ppl assholes since the real assholes are those calling the once that fight the war assholes and losers.

Some say it is not for the RP's they duel , but for the honest fight...

Why cry or call someone a leech if that ain't the matter? You solo'ers want the easy way up.. hiding behind a one on one fight.
Basic priciple of adding is: you have won a fight faster, easier and you can move to the next one a lot faster. Which would in turn mean you gain twice the ammount of rp's in those fights, kiving longer, fighting longer and having fun a lot longer. That instead of fighting and releasing....
Most dueling ppl already have their ress bots in thesame area..; how's that for the next step toward total detruction of the game concept?

good luck all

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
Zefs been called a soloer?!!?!? muahahhahahahahahh
The gimp zerg/leeched/added his way till rr7 and now want to solo ( LOL?) ... so plz dont grp us all with those kind of skilless retards
Tho what ever u do i will still wub u cause we all know that this kind of actions isnt ur playstyle ....:worthy:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i agree with nightsend tbh, so many people that claim to be soloers and non adders will freely add. I really dont blame you for your new stance but to me its a bit extreme. personally i will just be adding on the known idiots and anyone who has added on me or my alts when i come back to daoc.

There are low RR people around that want to get into the solo pvp scene i dont think its fair to add on them regardless.

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
Reignfire said:

Have fun.

i never healed him while u were fighting him...and soz for the guard..we were in grp in case there was zerg or sth in emain.. if u saw i blocked an attack from u to maxitis and i was like 5 feet away from the fight..after that block i remembered the guard and i went more far ...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
if you have the urge to 'give in' just remember the start of daoc when everything with a red name died. they were enemies, taking them down was good, and this remained special and exciting for quite a while.

but after a while, once you've seen and done pretty much everything, watching an 'enemy' isn't that special anymore. zerging them down isn't fun anymore. the challenge of finding and having relatively fair fights becomes the most fun for a lot of people.

if you genuinely enjoy adding on everything then just do so, but theres a reason you stopped doing that, im sure you will bump into that same reason soon enough :p

edit- roxor english, hope my point is clear anyways, sorry if not :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
why become what you despice mate? Anger lead to the darkside :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Guindor said:
Zefs been called a soloer?!!?!? muahahhahahahahahh
The gimp zerg/leeched/added his way till rr7 and now want to solo ( LOL?) ... so plz dont grp us all with those kind of skilless retards
Tho what ever u do i will still wub u cause we all know that this kind of actions isnt ur playstyle ....:worthy:
sounds like you tbh..

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Am I an adder? Yes I suppose I am, does my guild add? Yes I suppose it does.
We have always had the same playstyle since the formation of SH way way back in the day. SH is a large guild with, Last night for instance nearly 30 ppl online so we must be doing something right?

I would just like to say that we all play this game in whatever style we choose and that neither game style is better or righter than the other.

A point i would like to make is that when we kill Soloer X, and get said person logg onto mid and pm abuse or send abuse via IRC realmer they tend to forget running in their full group adding on everything in sight and that they suddenly DEMAND your respect when they solo... Why should we? when you know they will just go straight back to ganking once they get bored of soloing.

To name a few that spring to mind.. Arumos (adds on everything when playing caster), Faril (he used to leave ppl alone ages ago.. now he adds on everything), Censi (Stealthzerged his way to 9L5 then soloed), Mastarde (same again adds on everything when conventional)
Ive seen many of the above happily mow down soloers when running in a fg.

Im not perfect I agree, but then neither are some of the high and mighty who preach solo playstyle.

I can remember being zerged constantly by high RR alb stealthers (3-1, 4-1)back in OF when I was running solo on Thornea .. Those Alb stealthers are now considered to be highly respectable soloers but if I return the compliment they gave me?? well Im an adding zerging scum arnt I?

We do leave ppl alone - You know who you are, and try to leave solo fights to finish b4 we kill enemy involved (unless hes a particularily despised enemy hehe)

What im saying again is that no playstyle is better than another, its the diversity of the game with all differing playstyles that make it fun be you a hardcore soloer, ganker, 8v8er, doorstepper etc. DAOC is a great game, with great enemies (yes im gutted when ppl like dafft, jarvio decide to hang up the gloves as they have been great enemies/nemisis's over the years) and great friends alike.

I salute you all :D

Ps. none of the above was meant in a flame type fasion, just stating the obvious from as an impartial view as possible (im sure its gonna be pointed out that its not though :p )

Everz

FH is my second home
Thornea said:
Am I an adder? Yes I suppose I am, does my guild add? Yes I suppose it does.
We have always had the same playstyle since the formation of SH way way back in the day. SH is a large guild with, Last night for instance nearly 30 ppl online so we must be doing something right?

I would just like to say that we all play this game in whatever style we choose and that neither game style is better or righter than the other.

A point i would like to make is that when we kill Soloer X, and get said person logg onto mid and pm abuse or send abuse via IRC realmer they tend to forget running in their full group adding on everything in sight and that they suddenly DEMAND your respect when they solo... Why should we? when you know they will just go straight back to ganking once they get bored of soloing.

To name a few that spring to mind.. Arumos (adds on everything when playing caster), Faril (he used to leave ppl alone ages ago.. now he adds on everything), Censi (Stealthzerged his way to 9L5 then soloed), Mastarde (same again adds on everything when conventional)
Ive seen many of the above happily mow down soloers when running in a fg.

Im not perfect I agree, but then neither are some of the high and mighty who preach solo playstyle.

I can remember being zerged constantly by high RR alb stealthers (3-1, 4-1)back in OF when I was running solo on Thornea .. Those Alb stealthers are now considered to be highly respectable soloers but if I return the compliment they gave me?? well Im an adding zerging scum arnt I?

We do leave ppl alone - You know who you are, and try to leave solo fights to finish b4 we kill enemy involved (unless hes a particularily despised enemy hehe)

What im saying again is that no playstyle is better than another, its the diversity of the game with all differing playstyles that make it fun be you a hardcore soloer, ganker, 8v8er, doorstepper etc. DAOC is a great game, with great enemies (yes im gutted when ppl like dafft, jarvio decide to hang up the gloves as they have been great enemies/nemisis's over the years) and great friends alike.

I salute you all :D

Ps. none of the above was meant in a flame type fasion, just stating the obvious from as an impartial view as possible (im sure its gonna be pointed out that its not though :p )

very well said m8 ;D

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Reignfire said:

Have fun.

Here is a short story :
-A guy logs. (lets say Mid...as its a pov i am familiar with)
-He says hello to his guildm8s
-He decided to go rvr alone for a bit, have some fun
-He figures out that Emain is the best place to actually score a nice fight and have as less enemies possible chasing u
-He goes Emain
-Then (maybe and depending of hours/luck) he has some fights
-After a while...Hib camping population seems to grow in numbers in addition to some few Hib soloers
-U try to manouver around them, fight a bit
-Most of the times u die...horribly outnumbered or a plain 1-2 man add
-U have a decision to make then : Log or get help
-U decide u wanna play really...so u try to find some help
-Success...u found 1-3 friends to help out and have some fun
-U boat to Emain...where u are ready to find the 'hordes'
-First thing u see is a nice guy u have met before and he is like most of the times alone

Dillema...let him fight a single member of the grp at a time risking a grpm8 dead (and the run fucked) or maybe many adds inc mid-fight (with known results as u stand in the open and casters/stealthers pay visits)...OR...just leave him/kill him and move on ? (after all the area doesnt promote soloing and the 'codes' r off). Either way...the ones that want small action and personal fights r at a loss. (cause the only viable place for small grp and not soloing seems Emain, yet no enemy soloers decide to travel elsewhere)

Nuklear

Fledgling Freddie
Totally Agree with Thorneas Post but thats prob why im in SH and for the people who decide to ban kick etc etc from IRC as they say im a zergling scum etc etc.

Read thorneas post and take note, I dont only play one character.

Yer I zerg yer I add but like others thats just my playstyle, and I pay my subs everymonth not the people who think they can tell me how to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom