Reavers...

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
New patch, isnt a boost - It's a nerf and a disgrace. Your deluded if you think it's any improvement on the class, it's been hit with the nerf bat too much now, it's getting silly.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
What will happen in new patch? I havnt read anything about a reaver 'boost'.

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't seem like a hard nerf to me, just a fix of "features" that where not considered when 1.81 went live. But then again I haven't gotten enough CL's on reaver to be bothered by it, or I fail to understand what the nature of the nerf is.

1.83 Live notes
Reaver

In 1.81 we adjusted spell timers of all classes to a new system due to overlapping issues with Sub-class abilities, Master level abilities, and class abilities. This adjustment was noted in 1.81 as follows:

"- Many spell and ability timers no longer overlap from Class Spells, Master Abilities and Sub-classing spells."

An inadvertent change to the Reaver lifetap spells occurred from this change, which allowed Reavers to cast lifetaps simultaneously instead of being limited to using one lifetap at a time. Because of this, we had to change lifetap spells back to the way they worked before. We apologize for any confusion about this issue. In the near future, we will be looking at rebalancing the Reaver class and we will pay close attention to improvements to the Soulrending line in particular.

1.84 testing notes..
Reaver

- Soulrending Lifetap spells are now on separate timers again, for good this time. Our apologies to the community for any stress or issues this may have caused in the past.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
so reavers get a 3rd insta interrupt back that they lost in a previous patch, i dont get it ? sounds good to me :m00:

Nate

FH is my second home
what exactly did you loose? will be nice to see thanes kicking some reaver ass soon :)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Old reavers will see what I mean (hopefully), new reavers though..... lol

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
this little thin with the lifetaps has been changed so manytimes its unreal. reavers actualy started out with them on both seperate timers.
I am an old reaver, one of the first level 50 / RR5 reavers on prydwen. But i cant see what you mean Varna, just lookslike were getting something we lost back.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
mebbe he meant that mythic's rebalancing in SR line means makeing the lifetap spells on seperate timers again and nothing else... [I mean, they won't do any fix to +41 SR now...]

anyway, nice to AT reavers ^^

and reavers had 20 sec lifetap at the beginning. And while testing reavers before SI went out, there was a bug, that the lifetap spell didn't have timer, u just push down it, and some1 die (and ur power bar goes down, better then BD/warlocl ^^)

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
or he meant that other classes got +dd to their styles (Ragnarok)... Wtf, u can use 2h or 1h and even got an ENERGY dd to a 0.8 growth rate back style... [the problem is that reavers loosing their uniques, and other hibrids getting stronger, while reaver is still the "same". *cough* bomb *cough*]
and got +dd proc to most of their styles :p
zzz...

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
You seem to be missing the fact that 1.84 is only at A version, it will probably get changed abit during this patch

Nate

FH is my second home
Marchus said:
or he meant that other classes got +dd to their styles (Ragnarok)... Wtf, u can use 2h or 1h and even got an ENERGY dd to a 0.8 growth rate back style... [the problem is that reavers loosing their uniques, and other hibrids getting stronger, while reaver is still the "same". *cough* bomb *cough*]
and got +dd proc to most of their styles :p
zzz...

did you notice the alb realm is getting celerity aswell? i'd say thats a lot more(unique) important then some backstyle dd....quit ur whining

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
did you notice the alb realm is getting celerity aswell? i'd say thats a lot more(unique) important then some backstyle dd....quit ur whining

400 range on Celerity, or something.

Solid class no doubt for soloing, but then when classes around us are getting updates based on our class, were just getting left behind in an ever evolving game it seems, I don't like having my class used as a base to improve other classes upon - I feel like I'm just fighting a mirror of my class and it's not challenging or interesting, and I'm not massively happy about a class on the same WS table as a bard, hitting 1600 w/o a crit with 2h on a fully buffed tank - thanes needed help no doubt, but this change is just ridiculous.

Majority of things since ToA has been based around the reaver class, Warguard, Battler, ML dot, Banelord - Now classes are starting to get our styles aswell, we're already restricted to using only 1 artifact, granted SCW is an excellent artifact, but then again I'm sure that alot of people would like a Malice whip.

Thanes can use all the best artifacts, they can spec their class without any huge downside, unlike a reaver - We give up SR for more defence, or we give up defence for a sub-par spell line, thats now only worth its line in interupting, and now with Banelord, it makes speccing this line EVEN less concerning.

I wanted to see changes to the Bainshee ablative, it's highly unfair a lvl 30 spell completely negates a classes RR5, I wanted to see mythic look into the TWF nerf, it's already hugely uncommon in albion compared to HIB/MID, now theyre giving potentially their strongest classes more choice in using SOJ line, were gonna get hit even harder with this nerf, and reavers will be less viable once again.

I like my reaver the way it is, but you cannot deny that when changes are being made like this to an old game, it's making alot of older classes look dated and for a much needed update, reavers are at the bottom of this 'need', but I still think that giving us something we've practically always had, back.. I can't help but feel were being left short of this class improvements stage of the game, I can only hope they do something with us in .84.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
I wanted to see changes to the Bainshee ablative, it's highly unfair a lvl 30 spell completely negates a classes RR5, I wanted to see mythic look into the TWF nerf, it's already hugely uncommon in albion compared to HIB/MID, now theyre giving potentially their strongest classes more choice in using SOJ line, were gonna get hit even harder with this nerf, and reavers will be less viable once again.

soj upgrade, + bainshee ablative serve to nerf our bomb, cos it was too strong (and still strong imo)
imo it's a good step to left behind the reavers who always say "bomb, bomb, bomb!!!"

Nate said:

- thanes got +DD on loads of their styles
- even on those, that is easy to use. The designers said, that we get the dd and in payoff, we have no good anytime style + our styles are positional based + reactionarys

- levi DD is cold, thanes are energy. Why cold? alll our spells use spirit, why the cold one? It's soo general resist, every mid + hib running with yellow-red cold resist...

- celerity suxs, arms > reaver now in groups cos of it, cos our weps caps already even on 4.4 speed :E

- thanes can use 2h or 1h with dd proc...

Nate said:
quit ur whining
I am not playing :p

Nate

FH is my second home
i didnt say you were ;p your whining about another class getting some upgrades that you've always have, thanes have had years of not being used in groups or being able to solo..yet your class has been a very good soloer, and i guess you've had your time to get groups too? yet just as thanes get this update your strate on the whine wagon ;p maybe reavers do need something, but theres a lot of classes the need things before you do, you can still play your class.

Nate

FH is my second home
you can still play your class.

you, doesnt apply to you personally in that post btw stalky as your not playing ;p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, thanes have to give up something too you know. If you spec 50 weapon for the insane dd proc from second in parry chain, and you still want 42 shield, well, then there won't be so much left for stormcalling or parry so you can get off that parry chain anyways. I speced my thane 23 shield, 29 parry, 44 hammer, 50 stormcalling. Just can't have it all. Reavers are still better off imo.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hey atleast a rr5 BG Thane is killed easily a rr5+ BG Warrior however...
So be glad to see more Thanes getting groups imo ;)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
By a caster assist perhaps. You wont take me down easy. ST dump, malice, strafe and so on.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
atos said:
By a caster assist perhaps. You wont take me down easy. ST dump, malice, strafe and so on.
atos portos and aramis!!!!! WEEE WAAANTSSS YOUUUUUU

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

thane is a 4-shot, warrior is a 1shot>ohshit>comeback 40s later

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
i didnt say you were ;p your whining about another class getting some upgrades that you've always have, thanes have had years of not being used in groups or being able to solo..yet your class has been a very good soloer, and i guess you've had your time to get groups too? yet just as thanes get this update your strate on the whine wagon ;p maybe reavers do need something, but theres a lot of classes the need things before you do, you can still play your class.

my problem is not with the thanes, that they are getting more and more love... my problem is that they use the reaver stuff to upgrade them. With upgrading the hybrids all around the reavers, they will be left behind... Yes, reaver is a rly nice soloer, and we had very nice times/patches! ^^

but the only thing I would like to see, is that a groupleader would think that a reaver is a nice decision to use in his group...

with celerity, 3rd ml lines, it not looks like the way a reaver would get a group easily...

but I think reaver is still a nice class to play, and it was every time, even in OF.

And it's nice to see that thanes finaly get some love

X

xGenocidex

Marchus said:
my problem is not with the thanes, that they are getting more and more love... my problem is that they use the reaver stuff to upgrade them

You ever tried hitting people with spec af or close to 1000 af with a thane pre DD patches/toa :d? i call it justified love tbh... thanes needed some form of love to up there damage some... regardless of what they received i can still see whine over it :/ thane hp rocks etc etc... they get banelord *cough i wish cough* i see no problem... thanes have been almost at the bottom of the ladder since Spellcraft and such was introduced to the game... and now there getting love to make up for that... ;x less whine

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
You ever tried hitting people with spec af or close to 1000 af with a thane pre DD patches/toa :d? i call it justified love tbh... thanes needed some form of love to up there damage some... regardless of what they received i can still see whine over it :/ thane hp rocks etc etc... they get banelord *cough i wish cough* i see no problem... thanes have been almost at the bottom of the ladder since Spellcraft and such was introduced to the game... and now there getting love to make up for that... ;x less whine

you still don't understand what I want to say :(
mebbe cos of my english, but I gonna try it again...

So, my problem is with Mythic, that they haven't got some better ideas to upgrade the thane, and they use the reaver to upgrade them. It's k that Thanes got love, but not in this wai.

I heard that reavers were called "thane 2.0", cos reavers got almost everything, that mids suggested on the thane forum..

btw, how is that energy debuff stuff works? It's a spell that u have to cast, or an offensive proc? And now, u not only gonna have problem with high AF, but now with high Energy resist peeps too ^^

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
But grps these days just tend to be dmg dealers + healers + zerkers in mid. I wouldnt worry if GL's dont see the reaver as a group char, the 1.81 char really didnt help warriors get groups, dont think ive ever climbed 1 keep wall. But then that suits me fine as i only solo anyhow, its evolution, after every patch the realms get a little more the same and with the talk of a new char for all realms which are virtually the same it wont be long before reavers/thanes are more similar than they are now.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
somewhere recently mythic said they were at some point soon gone have a look at the SR line to make it more instresting and offer more divercity to reavers than the current 50 flex, 42 shield, rest SR which outperforms any other possible spec.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
90%-ish of the reaver abilites where ideas from the thane community/TL how to boost thanes, then si came and reavers had lots of the stuff thanes had come up with.

Not for nothing reavers where called "Thanes 2.0".
So that the thanes get the boost/ideas that orginally came from the thanes seems only right, right? :)

Somewhere here at FH there's a video called "Reavers need love!" or something close to that, download that one ;)

A thane can either melee or cast, not both at the same time.
A reaver can use as good as all abilites on the run, while in melee.

So even with the added sword/axe dd proc - love, a thane will be at disadvantage vs/compared to a reaver, never able to use the "full potential".
:(

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
Somewhere here at FH there's a video called "Reavers need love!" or something close to that, download that one ;)

they are playing in 1.70 (or 71?) patch, when reaverbomb wasn't nerfed:

- RR5 was on essence
- TWF didn't had radius indicator
- Reavers were able to make 3 twf in the same spot
- debuff auras did interrupt but not break mezz

now we have
- bainshee ablative that neglate the RR5
- sojouner line gives essence resist for 10 minute, tha reduce the twf3 dmg to 120

so, if u watch that movie, u won't get a realistic wiev on the power of the reaver ;)

(btw, thanes can cast to 1600 range! I think thats a nice add to the solo side, tho nothing else...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom