Marchus said:
they are playing in 1.70 (or 71?) patch, when reaverbomb wasn't nerfed:

- RR5 was on essence
- TWF didn't had radius indicator
- Reavers were able to make 3 twf in the same spot
- debuff auras did interrupt but not break mezz

now we have
- bainshee ablative that neglate the RR5
- sojouner line gives essence resist for 10 minute, tha reduce the twf3 dmg to 120

so, if u watch that movie, u won't get a realistic wiev on the power of the reaver ;)

(btw, thanes can cast to 1600 range! I think thats a nice add to the solo side, tho nothing else...)
dunno if i should respec next patch tbh (twf to passives or something )
i readed that they gona make souldering better with up coming patchs

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
dunno if i should respec next patch tbh (twf to passives or something )
i readed that they gona make souldering better with up coming patchs

If u are soloing, it's still good when the lames want to try zerg u, but in fg vs fg, twf1 + passives > twf3 imo

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Marchus said:
- bainshee ablative that neglate the RR5
- sojouner line gives essence resist for 10 minute, tha reduce the twf3 dmg to 120
isnt twf matter dammage? :x

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Xrystofer said:
no its essance dmg u never notice that u always hit for 240-260 without rezists?
wel iirc when i shift + right clicked on my brothers bd it was matter :)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
It was incorrectly delved - it has always been Essence.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Marchus said:
they are playing in 1.70 (or 71?) patch, when reaverbomb wasn't nerfed:

- RR5 was on essence
- TWF didn't had radius indicator
- Reavers were able to make 3 twf in the same spot
- debuff auras did interrupt but not break mezz

those were the days.. :)

although wasnt there no limit to the number of twfs you could stack? although how many grps ran with more than 3 reavers.. ;p

also you forgot one, remember ml2 and ml8 had no limit to the number of people it could hit, wheras the new limit of 16 targets made mass bombing rather shite :(

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
those were the days.. :)

although wasnt there no limit to the number of twfs you could stack? although how many grps ran with more than 3 reavers.. ;p

also you forgot one, remember ml2 and ml8 had no limit to the number of people it could hit, wheras the new limit of 16 targets made mass bombing rather shite :(

ah, true

I remember when we twf-ed a keep's middle tower with Sparda:

"[18:26 43] <s****h> rofl
[18:26 50] <*tupe*> sparda and stalky double twf on roof"

(it's a secret who did wrote this on irc!)

btw, this is what our TL said:

"Reavers are still considered "done" by the devs and we won't be seeing any gorundbreaking changes in the near future, regardless of whatever stupidly overpowered changes get made to other classes. (Remember, class-to-class comparisons are not a valid basis for argument!!) I suspect we wont be seeing any "love" until we spend 2-3 years at the bottom of the RP lists, or until our population drops to nearly nothing.

The future isn't looking so bright for the Reaver class for other reasons too. Personally, I'm playing a Thane."

looks nice, what char should I roll for the lvl 49 bg if I come back...? ^^

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
The Reaver is just as good as it has been the last couple of months, it might even get some small tweaks, don't have to worry about the Thane really, no thane will steal a grp spot from a reaver (not including pvp server) :)

Now Valks will get the same sword dd procs as a thane, that class is sure looking more and more intresting oO

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Really, if you believe reavers are crap compared to the Thane, then try one. Us thanes got a boost we've needed since before TOA came out. And in a way, its still not really enough. You still have to choose between either melee or good casting, even though as a hybrid our dps is based on the combination of them.

Im having fun again with my thane. And Im getting groups, but the reaver is still far far ahead of us. And as mentioned, I would more worry about valks as hybrid in .84! They seem to be getting all stuff that thanes wanted that didnt go to the reaver. ;) Large shield and all..

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:
I would more worry about valks as hybrid in .84! They seem to be getting all stuff that thanes wanted that didnt go to the reaver. ;) Large shield and all..

who cares the large shield when small shield is faster and eat 15% endu instead of 50%?
I only used Large shield when I was pve -ing in AC, never ever used large shield in my pvp temps :p

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Megarevs said:
wel iirc when i shift + right clicked on my brothers bd it was matter :)
true but its wrong its not matter its essance is just a another bug :p

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
Varna said:
I like my reaver the way it is, but you cannot deny that when changes are being made like this to an old game, it's making alot of older classes look dated and for a much needed update, reavers are at the bottom of this 'need',

OMG you are right mate reavers sould get in line for a update.. Scouts been wating since the dawn of time for a update. :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Sorao said:
OMG you are right mate reavers sould get in line for a update.. Scouts been wating since the dawn of time for a update. :)

Scouts dont need a update. they need a nerf :(

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
i read that they gona make souldering better with up coming patchs

i read it too but where is the <3 !!1

unless putting the lifetaps back on seperate timers was it =[

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The line just needs a bit of sprucing up, falling in-line with the stupid stuff we have now on classes. I'd like to see something different like Wrack (PBAOE DD) changed so that it gives a negative resist perice to players in it's radius and each spell / hit they make will transfer x amount to the reaver in health.

Anyway, the SR line has always been an interupting line at best, and with ToA introducting Banelord, theres alot more classes out there now which interupt equally as good as the reaver, this takes away alot of what the reaver has to offer a group, aside from slam and twf.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, reaver's interrupt is still nice. In 350 radius, u can interrupt every spell as long as u have manna...

btw, Champs should get some tweaks in the caster line too! Wtf, we have str/con, dex/qui, speed debuff, snare and dd... well, bit sh1t

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Marchus said:
Nah, reaver's interrupt is still nice. In 350 radius, u can interrupt every spell as long as u have manna...

btw, Champs should get some tweaks in the caster line too! Wtf, we have str/con, dex/qui, speed debuff, snare and dd... well, bit sh1t

Oh, say you make the aoe then? Those debuffs are nasty. =(

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Aerendur said:
Really, if you believe reavers are crap compared to the Thane, then try one. Us thanes got a boost we've needed since before TOA came out. And in a way, its still not really enough. You still have to choose between either melee or good casting, even though as a hybrid our dps is based on the combination of them.

Im having fun again with my thane. And Im getting groups, but the reaver is still far far ahead of us. And as mentioned, I would more worry about valks as hybrid in .84! They seem to be getting all stuff that thanes wanted that didnt go to the reaver. ;) Large shield and all..

on my reaver i would have loved to be using the most neglected resist and to have ranged nuke damage :(

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
on my reaver i would have loved to be using the most neglected resist and to have ranged nuke damage :(

nah, ranged nuke is only good in solo, or if they are grappling u...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom