Realm alliance... pathetic demonstration of weakness.

O

old.Ailelun

Hatchet, Go Away, Do Us All A Favour! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I for one, am bored of your constant ways, of thinking of how 'you' can dictate, the way the majorty of people play.. Keep your ideas to yourself!

Ailelun
<Nolby Pride>
Lvl 34 Thane

O

old.Hatchet

Upset i wont ally with u?

Fight ur own battles midgard. When you allied with Hibbies Nolby lost its pride. Muppets.

O

old.Organ-Grinder

Originally posted by Ailelun
Hatchet, Go Away, Do Us All A Favour! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I for one, am bored of your constant ways, of thinking of how 'you' can dictate, the way the majorty of people play.. Keep your ideas to yourself!

Ailelun
<Nolby Pride>
Lvl 34 Thane

dont be a hypocryte . you flaming him for trying to dictate hibds . but ermmm who's the lamer that stand in the middleof a mid/hib army spamming DONT KILL HIBS . DONT KILL THE HIBS WE ARE ALLIED .
to me thats dictatorship . your trying to tell your fellow realm mates NOT to kill the enemy . cos never mind which way you look at it thats what hib/mid/alb are enemys to each other .as somebody stated in a seperate tread "might even be this one" nolby pride lost its pride when it allied with the enemy . if your so pussyyou canhandle battles yourselfmaybe you should switch to prydwyn and join midgard there so u can dominate .. your statement above it a pile of shit and 1005 hypocrytical . so howz about you shove ya head up ya ass and stop telling other people what to do . let them make tere own choicesinstead of u tryin to ram it down there throats. there are many hibs/mids that disagre with your cross realm orgies :p

O

old.Nol

are you telling him to shove his head up his arse, or asking him?

If you're "telling" him you could qualify for being 1006 hypocritical...

O

old.myrianda

hmm

I see alot of people blaming each others about doing a 'temporary' alliance or not with another realm. But, in a situation of 3 realms, with potential 2 ennemies, it will ALWAYS be up to opportunities and taking advantage of situations.

When A attacks B, do you really think that C will says:
- "err no, lets not attack B coz they'll think we allied with A."
- "err no, lets not attack A coz they'll think we are cowards."

Then do what?? Stick to our boring leveling and dont do any rvr for the evening??

The reason why Mythic has provided 3 realms is EXACTLY to provide such opportunities. Denying using them is denying what makes this game interesting, what makes people enrage coz it aint fair, willing to venge coz they will have learned to hate the others.

Adding to that, using advantaging situations to perform something you wouldn't be able to do otherwise sounds more like strategy than un-organisation. However, don't blame people on what they haven't yet achieved when you haven't been able to achieve it yourself. At least they are trying something and not sitting in their realm waiting for something happens.

I'll not talk about the organisation "problems" coz people who often shit-talk about organisation are often those who don't do shit anyway. Most of the time, those who actually DO something usually don't say anything in the forum coz they don't need to tell everyone what they did to be happy or proud to have done it..

You don't become a king by thinking about good ideas but by making them realize.

Just my 2 cents.

Myrianda,
lvl 33 mentalist (exca)

O

old.myrianda

NB:

In sunday's night's fight, I was grouped in one of the Hib's army, trying to take an alb keep when Mid arrived to take it too.

While Mid was hitting the doors and finishing our job, Hibernia attacked Mid (using the very known Kill-all-our-ennemies rule)

Hib actually managed to kill all mids coz we were hitting them in their back (quite coward but well, thats the Kill-all-our-ennemies rule).. Just a few seconds later, the whole Albion army arrived and killed us quickly without much trouble. (easy and as cowardly as we did)
Result: Both hib & mid were sent back to their realm.
Alb could say "Thanks hib, you helped us to get rid of mid". Couldn't mid call that some "temporary" hib/alb alliance?

What should we learn about this?

"We killed every ennemy we saw but, bad luck, they were too many. Next time we'll be stronger and more organised!!?"

or

"We shouldn't have killed mid and moved backwards to let them finish the keep, and maybe have the opportunity to resist against Albion's attack? (which we shouldn't be surprised to see attack at that time)"

Maybe think twice about such situation before shouting proudly the "Hibernia never allies rule".

Just my 2 cents

Myrianda,
lvl 33 mentalist

O

old.myrianda

I shouldn't spam like that but,

think about the famous "the ennemies of my ennemies are my friends" and apply this in a 3 realm situation and you'll maybe understand why it aint *that* simple..

Just my 2 cents

Myrianda,
lvl 33 mentalist

O

old.Vendetta

Re: hmm

Originally posted by myrianda
I'll not talk about the organisation "problems" coz people who often shit-talk about organisation are often those who don't do shit anyway.

What planet do you live on ?

I am so frustrated because I have been on many raids, and when I was military leader of CBH actually tried to get it to show some balls and push forward it's own identity. It did that and now has a very large strong alliance quite possibly the best in hib right now but still not good enough and still not good at planning at all.

I have been on countless raids with lurikens and archers wieghted down rangers acting as wood carriers, raids with zero scouting and zero rear guard these things aint rocket science they are common sense.

Raids because one guy gets bored are set up to go when he wishes not when the best forces can be put in the field cos that takes a little thought and planning.

Originally posted by myrianda
Most of the time, those who actually DO something usually don't say anything in the forum coz they don't need to tell everyone what they did to be happy or proud to have done it..
I have defended when the above quiet people have pissed of with their alts as they did not like the odds.

You wanna be a sheep fine bleet away and pretend all is perfect but do dare not say just as someone has the guts to disagree they aint been there and done that.

Ailelun <Nolby Pride> Lvl 34 Thane
LMFAO you must be one helluva crap player to be 34 in Midguard is this all the great NP are left with to holla for them. Why do you want Hatchet to go away is he scary little guy ?

Look Nolby were geeks who power levelled so they could slaughter greys, then what both other realms started levelling and hitting back and the geeks went away to geeksville to leave little peeps like you behind to stem the tide you could not do it, as NP is dead it is no more. Seems to me from reading the boards it is Nazgul that have turned mids back into a fighting force. so i say Ailelun <Nolby Pride> Lvl 34 Thane GO AWAY your enemies laugh at you and you guild :)

O

old.Badger

I didn't like it but...

I don't want to get into the 'telling people how to play' flames.

If you have an alliance then thats your weakness not mine. 99% of DDi will actively work against an alliance if we get the chance. We don't want half a win, we want a whole one thanks :)

If Alb bring 150 people how the hell can we defend blah? Well if Alb's can bring 150 people to our relic keeps I'm puzzled why they failed on both their attempts so far?

Its weird but the recent defence at lamfhota definitely didn't have 150 Albs attacking us and oh yes, I think 10 DDi were in the defence which numbered under 25 ppl at the end so go do your maths or stop posting crap. k? thx :)

O

old.myrianda

well

Vendetta,

I dont know (yet) who you are neither what you did. But honestly, I doesnt change much coz actually it has not much to do with my point. I'm not trying to make personnal issues or accusing someone. I'm trying to explain some general point of view on the situation.

IMHO, Organisation is not about doing things right but worrying about them being done right. (the *right* being pretty subjective at this point but not the matter of the subject.) People who actually shit-talk about organisation are those who are unable to influence them otherwise they would just shut up and do it. (I don't know much people who would shit-talk about themself)

Criticizing is welcome when people have arguments to explain what is wrong AND, by the same time, what should be done to improve it. If they stick to shit-talking without proposing anything, they're just useless and wasting time of everybody coz they aint making anything to improve the situation.

For the moment, I haven't seen many posts explaining what should be done to improve what has been done wrong. This explains my point of view about the shit-talking (coz it then really becomes "shit-talking")

Now, my opinion about the realm alliances is that people tend to confuse valor and strategy. I don't think that people wanted to make an occasional alliance with mid because they secretly love mid and are treators=)

I think they just wanted to take advantage of the situation to out-perform albion. (which ironicly took end when hib decided to attack mid in albion's territory)

On a RvR view, knowing that Mid is fighting Alb, and killing mid in albion's territory is strategically a bad move. The same way, it is a bad move for Mid to attack Hibs in Albion's territory. It only brings additional problems which are not essential to the actual task. We wouldn't really talk about an "alliance" but more about a "common interrests" or "mutual interrests". Of course, on a PvP view, it doesnt change much to kill an Alb or Mid (and to an extend, a Hib) so people tend to confuse their PvP interrests with the RvR interrests.

When someone says: "Don't kill Mid" in the Albion territory, it is because he knows that if Hib starts to fight against Mid, the only winner of the situation will be Albion because both Mid and Hib forces will be weaker after their fight and Albion wont have it hard to defeat them. (And this is exactly what happened sunday night btw)

On the defender side, when they see 2 armies arriving on their territory, there are 3 possible situations:

- both armies ally into 1 strong army => worst defending situation
- both armies ignore each other => average defending situation
- both armies fight each other => best defending situation

So, in other words, if you want to make it easier for Albion, do not hesitate to attack Mids while attacking Albion =)

Just my 2 cents

Myrianda,
lvl 33 mentalist

O

old.Organ-Grinder

i think its funny how you hibs are still trying to deny a allie with mids :) makes the 0ones who try deny it . really stupid because many mids/hibs have already stated they are together ......

another way to look at is is .. IF hibs/mids keep being allies and take all a;bions relics/keeps who do you think is gonna get there relics/keeps taken next ? im sure they wont be attaking our empty relic keeps or attacking there own keeps they took from us ... but as ivesaid before allie all you want albions will overcome you and take our relics back + take hibs and mids ..

G

Gahldir

to clear things up... PARTS of Hibernia allies up with PARTS of Midguard. I for one will never allie with any realm.

btw, in the begining of this game Midguard was the strong realm and bullied me alot. Now it's Albion (mostly some anoying ppl on boards :) ). Therefor I don't go for the Middy but the Albscum If I see two of those fighting. Earlier in the game it was the oposite. This doesn't make me allied with any Middy...

O

old.Hatchet

Myrianda - you seem to be beating about the bush very well, what is it you are telling us?

Improve what you did wrong? You allied with midgard. Thats what u did wrong, and its REAL EASY to fix that error. Even worse than that, you allied and lost, giving the abls a great victory over an allied enemy.

When someone says dont kill mids in albion territory it means what???. Take "tactical" and shove it. If you are not aware of how in-be-with-the-mids your guild leadership is, you need a lot of coffee.

This wasn't a few hibs taking advantage of a situation, this was a large pre-planned raid (granted the planning was crap... but the intent was there) organised well in advance with midgard, hell the middies were even complaining the hibs were late ffs - how can the hibbies be late for an 11.00 meeting if, as you seem to claim, it was simply taking advantage of a tactical oppertunity?

Can i assume following on ur argument, that you would not attack albions in midgard? Would you happily mount joint raids with albion against midgard? Your logic suggests you would.

O

old.Finster

we have no problem if you have a general alliance sentiment.

we _do_ have a problem when midgard and hib guild and raidleaders start using IRC to coordinate armies and raids. as this simply is not to be done.

otherwise i have no problems with your feardriven alliance. when we get report of allied attack on our realm frontier you can bet a few plat on a /who barrows <10 and a /who lyonesse nonexistent. drive us back against the wall and be in awe of how hard we ll fight.

C

Cuthervaen

Alliance Bullshit

Ok I thought I'd never bother to talk on such silly threads but this stupidity forced me to.

We were not allied with mids that night. Period. Ask Xyna, without the mid force interrupting them just as second door fell down, they'd have taken Surbrsbroke before albions came, that enough is a fact.

However, I sometimes wonder if soem play strategic games here. You meet two ennemy forces in Hadrian, 30 mids, and abotu 50+ albions. Then if u rush mids first u're a fool. Nothing to do with alliance, friends, troll ass kissing or anything. Just simple refelction. I'd rather pull off and try get so in the middle (preferably the highest sized force) than rush the weakest oen like a fool (maybe hoping to reap easy rp before other get you??) and be sandwiched.

When we startic that keep thing we were thinking abotu taking closest keeps first. When mids took one we went to other cause we prefered to be were they were not. There is enough lag as it is when we meet the full albion force.

Before flaming, talking bullshit all around some of you coudl try playing good strategy games like Shogun Total War for instance. Cause I see many that are downright strategic morons. In presence of 2 ennemies, always attack the strongest, trying to avoid contact with weakest. Attacking the weakest will only bring sooner steamrollign by the strongest. And at that time (not going in numbers whine, I said at that time) albs where the most numerous (beside we came to take albion keeps, not to kick mids).

Best fight I had yet was this 3 sided fight at the wall, where noone was allied with anyone, but everyone stayed clear of the middle to avoid sandwiching... That's the point in having 3 realms btw, not 2 or 4. Also until recently alb ruled with 4 relics, so avoiding mid/hib confrontation and trying to stand ground against albion was just common sense. Not even strategic thinking yet but still out the reach of many simple minds around it seems. Mayeb Diablo would be more suited strategically speaking for these?

Now lots talk about honor, fair game, nor much tactics, but much PvP around is pathetic ganking. There are many I respect, from the 3 realms, other well we'll sort that on the field.

Bah, this post got me into flaming, Hatchet's talent for it is up to his reputation.

Cuthervaen

O

old.Quiblet

imo most of these so called warlords are strategic morons. hmmmm

O

old.Kull

well i can honestly say the alliance thing was pointless, we basically didnt need the hibs and the spammin dont kill hibs was boring, so half of them got killed till some people asked me to stop so i did then after 5 mins of being round jerioth or sumfing, i basically beckoned one to kill me coz it was rather pathetic, so i died then the mids and hibs had a good ol'ruff n tumble and i felt like saying "ooo so u thought u cud stroke me shalieghly now did ya" (in sum crazed irish voice).:rolleyes:

O

old.Niljindil

Re: that's rubbish...

Originally posted by Nol
I have seen loads of DDi people defending keeps - 90% of the high levels out there have been rezzed and teamed with Jhessail. Myself and harry turned out to be the only 2 people defending crauch one night, whilest most of Hibernia wandered aimlessly about at the wall, prolly pulling PK gaurds.

Funny you should say that, because in case you didnt know, Eleasias havent leveld in WEEKS now and you wanna know why?

The ONLY thing he has been doing is defending hibernia, When i login 80% of the time he shows up on my friends list and 90% of that time he is in emain or in mid/alb.

If he hasnt seen you then you arent much in emain, end of story.

If he is lieing(which i highly doubt) then i can say this.

I dunno what you char name is, but i think ive only ever seen hatchet ONCE in emain. Jhessail i see daily and Hood is quite common too.

And what happens if i do a /who DDi when anyone has taken a keep from us? usually end up with a ton of corus matches or from Bog. I seem to recall the ONLY ones left in corus when the first major rvr event happened after 1.45 i could see 5 DDi members on /who corus. nothing else. When i did /who DDi about half of the others were out in the gorge trying to retake ailinne and the others were to low lvl to be expected to be out rvring.

Dunno what your guild goals is, but i know cooperating with the rest of the realm doesnt seem to be one of them.

Im not saying your guild is bad, there is alot of good ppl in it, i just know that some of you are total A-Holes, no names mentioned.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Woodmansee
NO REALM CAN FIGHT 2 REALMS, so whats the point?
Cross Realm Alliance is for the weak, created by the WEAK!

Whats wrong in being weak?

O

old.Woodmansee

Lol lvl 4
The weak shall inherit the earth!

K

Keri

Ummm .. wasn't the original "the meek shall inherit the earth"???

O

old.Pandora

Re: Re: that's rubbish...

Originally posted by Niljindil

And what happens if i do a /who DDi when anyone has taken a keep from us? usually end up with a ton of corus matches or from Bog. I seem to recall the ONLY ones left in corus when the first major rvr event happened after 1.45 i could see 5 DDi members on /who corus. nothing else. When i did /who DDi about half of the others were out in the gorge trying to retake ailinne and the others were to low lvl to be expected to be out rvring.

Dunno what your guild goals is, but i know cooperating with the rest of the realm doesnt seem to be one of them.

Im not saying your guild is bad, there is alot of good ppl in it, i just know that some of you are total A-Holes, no names mentioned.

Why so obsessed with what DDi are doing? The majority of the time we dont even know when there's a keep under attack, so of course we're not going to rush off to the frontier on the offchance of something happening.

And if people want to xp rather than rvr isnt that up to them?

C

Cuthervaen

Precision

Btw two precisions (especially for Finster)

- the raid I'm talking abotu was the one around 10 gmt after mids retook their relic (wasn't there before)

I quite agree with that IRC thing. Well I personnally don't even have IRC installed for different reasons, and don't care anyway to communicate out of game.

But, deciding on a given point at a given time not to attack mids when u meet them and they represent much less of a threat than albions (or other way round) is not "breaking the spirit of the game". Just the point, there is I hope more in this game (or so I hope or else might as well switch to something more elaborate) than blindly rushing any ennemy in sight, running after all grey cons you see leaving the main force, and go pulling PK guard after just 5 minutes of waiting are enough to get you bored. Enough said, those concerned by the above point will recognise themselves.

Cuthervaen

O

old.Rawkeer

In my personal opinion, i think the alliance is lame... But i think its up to you.
I also think thats its up to hatchet if he doesn't want to participate in this alliance, and you have no right to tell anyone not to attack any member from an ENEMY realm. Simple :D

O

old.Hatchet

Nij lol, you would have to rely on Elb to tell u about emain wouldn't ya, since its not somewhere you go. I'm in a frontier RvR fight every night. Be it emain or Midgard. *shrugs* half our alliance chat on any night is taken up with RvR chatter... not sure why you are trying to say DDi dont RvR - you think if you say it enough folks will belive you?

Cuth. We both know CF allied with Nobly & mid. Why post that you didn't? *confused* I would ask tho, will the CF alliance continue to do so?

Ill even be more specific, do middies use IRC/icq/voice with CF to coordinate? Rhetorical question? I know i read you personally dont, but then i dont have an alt ranger, but i know the folks in my guild who do.

O

old.myrianda

hmm

Hatchet,

*I* didn't ally with mid, I just saw discussion in the alliance chat about people preparing to take a relic, and the fact that we needed benowyc as main support keep. I only jumped in a group and followed people.

We first got swept by Albion's army when attacking a keep in Pennine (I admit we kinda did crap but well, shit happens)

We then came back to take sursboorke, we started pulling guards, then attacked the doors. We took down the 1st door after some time.
At the 2nd door, we had a few guys down when MID arrived to the keep to take it (too). Hib wasnt hitting the door at the moment coz there were some guards outside and everybody went on the guards. This conducted to Mid rushing on the 2nd door to break it and take the keep.

At that moment, during 1 minute, people didn't know what to do coz it was quite a weird situation. After that short time, some Hib/Mid started to fight and from then, the whole Hib army (which wasnt busy doing anything) attacked the Mids busy hitting the door. No need to tell that Mid got slashed by Hib which sounds quite natural for a *cough* realm alliance *cough*.

Somehow, we could say: "Nice hib, smart move.." but well not really, coz just a few minutes after, the whole massive Albion army arrived at Sursbrooke and had no trouble in kicking the butt of Hib's resting army.

So Hatchet, when you say that Hib got defeated even with Mid's alliance, it just means you weren't there and didn't see what really happened. You didnt know that Hib actually attacked Mid and ironicly, lost coz they did so..

Cuthervaen pointed well that some people maybe need to play some RTS to realize what strategy actually is.

To answer you hatchet, if Hib decided to attack Mid, I wouldn't attack any Alb found in Midgaard's territory for a simple reason:

It would NOT help us in achieving the goal we have set.

This is the best reason you'll find to explain why there would be some abusively named "alliances". For the moment, the only reason I see to kill Mids in Alb's territory and Alb's in Mid territory is about RP farming, or blindly and dumbly attacking any ennemy in sight.

Just my 2 cents

Myrianda,
lvl 33 mentalist

O

old.Nol

um

Funny you should say that, because in case you didnt know, Eleasias havent leveld in WEEKS now and you wanna know why?

The ONLY thing he has been doing is defending hibernia, When i login 80% of the time he shows up on my friends list and 90% of that time he is in emain or in mid/alb.

If he hasnt seen you then you arent much in emain, end of story.

I was the low level bard you were grouped with last night, untill you decided we were a little low and disbanded without warning, bad form, no explaination or anything. Other people in my group were Temperance and Karlo, maybe their names are more memorable.

I am not going to diss Eleasias but I have rezzed him on numerous occasions. My name is Nolerdraic, I am a bard of The Inner Circle, I am level 32 and I have 5000+ RP's and I also haven't lvl'd in weeks. There are many other people who will back up how much time I spend RvR.

I will not have a dig at your guild, because it is not in my nature to senselessly disrespect people because their opinion differs with mine. Why bring my guild into this? I was defending Harry from a personal stand point.

I defended Harry because people were talking rubbish, not because I or The Inner Circle are aligned with DDi. I never defended his actions or his attitude, I merely pointed out that lying to make him seem like an absolute arsehole does not give you better credability. If this is what happens when you stand up to baseless rubish, I would rather be teamed with DDi, who at the very least are honest. I have seen Harry in RvR and even if you dislike his attitude, you have to admire his balls and his honesty. Where most other guilds get steamrolled by larger guilds, Harry will stand up to them, regardless of the consequences. He doesn't feel the need to be liked or to follow anyone else just because everyone else is.

Go ahead and diss me some more for being honest, just keep it personal and don't bring my guild into it.

O

old.darkelf

to Hatchet

"Don't attack any mids in alb unless they attack u" don't means to ally with mid. Same thing,if u attack mids who r fighting with albs,can i say u r ally with alb?
We go to alb for the fort,not mids.We need keep mids there to make albs busy.If u just want to looking for other realm's ppl to kill,u can go to emain;if u want to kill mids.u can go to midgard.
Don't come to alb while we r taking the fort and kill the mids who r there.
Attacked mids in alb last Sunday......pathetic demonstration of s******

btw,sorry for my bad English,hope u can understand what i want to say :)

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Hatchet
not sure why you are trying to say DDi dont RvR - you think if you say it enough folks will belive you?

Im just saying what i have experienced. If you are indeed defending our frontier then its good for both of us, but i havent seen you there.

This is no "DDi doesnt do that cuz your newbs!" thing. Its a fact that i just havent seen more than maybe 2 or 3 of you in emain like.. ever.

O

old.Nol

who

You haven't seen DDi or The Inner Circle ?

I am part of TIC not DDi, I was commenting that I have seen DDi members in RvR, I saw Harry in RvR last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom