Realm Ability Changes in Frontiers

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Your a few mins to slow :p
Its in general DAoC section :p

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
For example, Druids, Healers, and Clerics (all sharing the healer archetype) will each be able to purchase redesigned Bunker of Faith.

... omfg they nerfing bof AND they givfing it to hibs and mids :x ... dh fg with bof on .. :eek: ... but in the other hand ... gp for us albs! :) that will make alb pbae groups better! xD

another good thing is that no more expensive ras ... will lower the difference between low rr and high rr ppl

nol

Fledgling Freddie
They have never been strong on balancing in the first place, and I would like to see how they do it. I think it's just a whole new can of worms they're opening, I really do think they need to listen to players more.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Standardization of RP Costs. Each RA will fall into one of two categories: RAs with five levels and RAs with three levels. We'll publish the list of abilities and costs in the near future.

I bet determination will fall in the 3 level category :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
hah

mids gonna have their inpenetrable shell then

3 x healer skald + all ras + best tanks ingame ;o

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
the info is not very detailed yet and therefore the new approaches are hard to judge;

i expect that mage RAs will be improved a lot - they are now sub-par compared to tank RAs simply because mages need more RAs to be effective

rehauling all class specific RAs is also a good idea (although the outcome can be anything)

giving all realms more or less the same active RAs (dunno if i understood that right) will probably help to avoid certain imbalances introduced by the 'overpowered' RAs (mainly SoS, BoF, GP) on the other hand will make the game pretty boring (ie all realms with the same abilities)

the reduction of reuse timer of active RAs will be very nice; especially mage groups depend a lot on RAs which will give a boost to those kind of groups

biggest question though: what will happen to determination :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
This looks good. Sure hope they get it right this time :)

"Additionally, some classes will receive what were former RAs that are deemed to be essential to their nature automatically as they reach certain levels and spec levels."

Maybe us hybrids will get some stuff for free =)
Free MoParry 5 for skalds!!

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
the main problem is that they gifving all realms same ras BUT each class has his previous utility
albs had only their ras to go against class with lots of utility or vs overpowered classes now all 3 realms get them and we get no utility update for our classes
as u can see mids are really happy cause they getting STRONG lov when hibs and especially albs left behind to whine :p
ps. consider this first whine for these new changes xD

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds great, but they missed the first step; to balance all classes without ra's. Guess they will try to balance it by giving all classes free ones;

"Free" Class Special RAs. Instead of the very powerful ten and fourteen point class specific RAs of the old system, the new system will grant each class a free RA at Realm Rank 5. Most of these will be on a ten or fifteen minute timer based on power.

Lets just hope SB's "Free" Class Special RA wont be Shadowrun again :>

I wonder what will happen with Purge? Will 30 min become 20? or even 15?! :>

Aussie

Banned
mez is gonna be so useless with GP and lower timer on Purge :<

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Aussie said:
mez is gonna be so useless with GP and lower timer on Purge :<
unless GP is nerfed to be 'group res-sick removal' or something.
and Purge made to not work while mezzed/stunned :p

swords

Can't get enough of FH
If they made it so purge simply removes the effect and no longer gives total immunity maybe it would not be considered as overpowered and viable for lower cost.

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
middys and hibbys with BoF :eek7: i guess that means the same with SoS.........

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like certain things will be granted as you level or spec maybe like Volley/Longshot were intended to be before they became RAs. Nice boost on RR5 for all classes now though with the free RA as I can imagine te AF boost and DPS boost isnt that great to certain classes.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
The devil will be in the detail...until that happens hard to judge. In principle though sounds promising...apart from the potential for BoF and SoS savage ganksquads :p

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
I hope toa + new rvr overhaul will give people the choice to play with
non fotm setups, prolong the fights and maybe lessen the gap between
rr10 and rr3.

Yes jox we all know you like to beat df, but if purge was put on a short timer
it would weaken infils,minstrels, scouts, ns and rangers which all rely on stun.
Of these scouts and minstrels would be most hurt, but i guess you dont think
of that, because you just want pre 1.62 back. This is just stealther vs stealther, then comes all classes which rely on abilities which can be purged,
and that list is very long.

I have a feeling this will be a nightmare for certain classes, and maybe we will have 50 % of all classes/players unable to play, just like now. Why, because
i dont trust Mythic to balance anything while keeping diversity among the realms.

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Yay, shorter time on purge and Vanish :)
Hope you all NSs & Infils like shadowrun, lol :m00:

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Salamurhaaja said:
Yay, shorter time on purge and Vanish :)
Hope you all NSs & Infils like shadowrun, lol :m00:

Not more than we like a little noob like you pre 1.62, but why dont you
come and show those rp earned back then was deserved. Im at your
disposal.

Btw with node and bodyguard you might aswell delete anyway.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Not more than we like a little noob like you pre 1.62, but why dont you
come and show those rp earned back then was deserved. Im at your
disposal.

Btw with node and bodyguard you might aswell delete anyway.

He came back, as soon as Midgard retook the relics in their Midgard style raid.
Regards, Glottis :twak:

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
He came back, as soon as Midgard retook the relics in their Midgard style raid.
Regards, Glottis :twak:
This thread isn't god damn about me.
Read topic.
I left to pryd when mids were holding all str relics and came back after month when mids got relics back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom