Realm Ability Changes in Frontiers

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:
LOL @ the whiners.

The way I read it is that there won't be anymore "I WIN" buttons. All the hibs/mids that whined about BoF will have access to it, and Albs/Mids get access to GP and BAOD.

This is the way RAs should have always been. Each realm/class having access to exactly the same extra abilities.

I think what is worrying lots of people is that their excuse is being removed.

Random Player 1 : Fecking Albs and their BoF + SOS + VP. We would have won otherwise.
Random Player 2 : Yeah, who needs skills when you got 'I WIN' buttons?

Some of the ballance in game atm is based on RAs tho. If mids with their 4 support, 3 savage, 1 warrior grp got access to alb RAs, they would have the most powerfull grp by far imo. So they will need to do alot of ballancing before they launch frontiers, will see what ToA brings tho..

Exioce

Part of the furniture
High RR groups with RP/purge/MoC every 10mins will be FUN :D

ps. oh and omfg hurry up and give GP/BoF/SoS/BAOD already!!

pps. have fun with PR and FotG everyone :cheers:

ppps. OMG imagine StT against hib caster groups :flame:

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
As long as they don't take away my runie cookie bag (aka Rune of Decimation), I'm happy ;)

Ingen Jegger

Fledgling Freddie
Well from what i can make out it all sounds good but im a bit worried about the passive RA's revamp sounds like it will still be 5 tier but gonna make it something like this

Now

mo parry 1 = 1pt +3% parry
mo parry 2 = 3pts +3% parry
mo parry 3 = 6pts +3% parry
mo parry 4 = 10pts +3% parry
mo parry 5 = 14pts +3% parry
= 34pts +15% parry

After

mo parry 1 = 1pt +1% parry
mo parry 2 = 3pts +2% parry
mo parry 4 = 10pts +4% parry
mo parry 5 = 14pts +5% parry
= 34pts +15% parry

so to get mo parry 1/2/3/4/5 still requires same points.
but mo parry ect at low lvls will give a lot less bonus than what we get atm.

Beccy

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
why would you want that?

Perhaps too make it easier too have fun in rvr for NON POWERGAMERS (aka scandinavians on Lan and the social benifits of high dole in their sosialist paradise :)

People who plays thougtr still have the advantage of knowing how too fight thgtr vs a mixed grp. No need too have lotsa RA just incase the mixed grp should get the upperhand.

Mythic stated that they did want too change how it was today, aka 20% of the rvr player base gets 80% of the kills.

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
I got a solution to all the problems

Mythic just make 2 classes oke ?

1 fighter , 1 caster same over all realms no unbalancing no more whining
no fotm , sounds great eh ?

that is what they must have been thinging to go along on this path that is taken. bad choise imo.

they really should be putting more efford in the specials each realm had.
albion the numbers
hibs the nature things
mids hmmm dunno they just mids but there is someting unique with them.
snow ;D

the game is getting flatter and flatter , same keeps diff layout but still same keeps , same tree's oke floor looks green / white / sand but im not really feel im in a complete other realm.

soon my arms is gaining on weight so it's gonne look like a troll :eek6:

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt the half ogre the alb version of a troll

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmmm... if chanters have baod..... will cabas get it? ;)

and will necros get something nice? :)

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
High RR groups with RP/purge/MoC every 10mins will be FUN :D

ps. oh and omfg hurry up and give GP/BoF/SoS/BAOD already!!

pps. have fun with PR and FotG everyone :cheers:

ppps. OMG imagine StT against hib caster groups :flame:
Don't forget that EVERY SINGLE 30 min RA will receive some "toning down" and a timer reduction, so all those RA's you mention will have to be changed to balance with the lower recast timer. The solution is to maybe make MoC last 10 seconds or 5 seconds, but like i said anything with a value or duration is easy to just reduce it. Purge and GP will be interesting to see what happens to them, raging power could stay as it is, a full power bar in combat every 15 min (instead of 30) would be a nice idea.
Ingen Jegger said:
Well from what i can make out it all sounds good but im a bit worried about the passive RA's revamp sounds like it will still be 5 tier but gonna make it something like this

Now

mo parry 1 = 1pt +3% parry
mo parry 2 = 3pts +3% parry
mo parry 4 = 10pts +3% parry
mo parry 5 = 14pts +3% parry
= 34pts +15% parry

After

mo parry 1 = 1pt +1% parry
mo parry 2 = 3pts +2% parry
mo parry 4 = 10pts +4% parry
mo parry 5 = 14pts +5% parry
= 34pts +15% parry

so to get mo parry 1/2/3/4/5 still requires same points.
but mo parry ect at low lvls will give a lot less bonus than what we get atm.
Thats a good idea on how they might change the tier system, it does seem a bit harsh at first, but if your gonna spend 14 points to increase your chance to parry it should be a huge increase. Saying that though I think the costing should be more like 1, 2(1 less than before), 4(2 less than before), 7(3), 10(4)
Sohan_thc said:
I got a solution to all the problems

Mythic just make 2 classes oke ?

1 fighter , 1 caster same over all realms no unbalancing no more whining
no fotm , sounds great eh ?

that is what they must have been thinging to go along on this path that is taken. bad choise imo.

they really should be putting more efford in the specials each realm had.
albion the numbers
hibs the nature things
mids hmmm dunno they just mids but there is someting unique with them.
snow ;D

the game is getting flatter and flatter , same keeps diff layout but still same keeps , same tree's oke floor looks green / white / sand but im not really feel im in a complete other realm.

soon my arms is gaining on weight so it's gonne look like a troll :eek6:
Mythic have said that all realms will now get a "reduced power" BoF, that does not mean they are making every realm identical. It is annoying that realms will no longer have unique RA's but some of them (Group Purge) were causing huge imbalances in certain group setups (caster groups). Other RA's (determination) were causing groups to have a very narrow view on typical setups. What I hope is the RA changes will allow the group setup diversity we had before RA's ever arrived into DaoC.

The specials of each realm were alb had high defence/tech (plate armor, spec af, bof, sb etc) hib had strong magic (GP, baod, chanters etc) mid had strong melee (savages). Clearly the game has moved on and this old analogy is not really relevant anymore.

As for keeps have you not read the: http://www.camelotherald.com/newfrontiers/keeps/index.php
I suggest you take a look as this will totally change (hopefully for the better) keep warfare.

Ingen Jegger

Fledgling Freddie
Hotrats said:
Thats a good idea on how they might change the tier system, it does seem a bit harsh at first, but if your gonna spend 14 points to increase your chance to parry it should be a huge increase. Saying that though I think the costing should be more like 1, 2(1 less than before), 4(2 less than before), 7(3), 10(4)
Mythic States

Scaling Return. The new system will have a much better scaling of return for the purchase of higher tier RAs. There will still be a very pronounced scale, where purchasing level one of an RA will provide a better return on investment than purchasing level two but the scaling is designed to encourage players to spec higher in specific RAs, allowing for more diversity in RA templates.

so in Thory what i said would fit this.

which i would hate :(

if it was 1/2/4/7/10 you would get just as good returns for 2 as for 1 ....so that wont be what mythic wants

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom