Realm Ability Changes in Frontiers

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
looks good and will certainly balance the RA situation. but that just leaves a large spotlight shining on the lack of utility/playability of alb support classes.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Why is everyone so doom and gloom all of a sudden,its about time they did something with the ra's lets face it 90% of them are all pretty shit.

Why not just wait and see what they do be4 u start moaning and groaning.
This game has always been "work in progress" At least they finally starting to listen to some ppl and actually give us something back for our time and money we have spent on this game.

So if all healer classes get bof that makes the fight last longer,that to me is a good thing longer fights=more fun imho and u can bet the Redesigned bof will be fairer for groups that run with more than one healer etc in the group.

We arent too far behind the amercians now with patches etc Toa admitedly will throw a spanner in the works but again they will HAVE to change overpowered items etc otherwise ppl will just feel useless and just quit,and thats the last thing they want to happen.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Ballade. said:
wish they would remove the purge timer completly so you could just use it all the time.. that way my class would be completely useless and everyone would quit, and i would be the last scout on excalibur coz i like to die repeately :D fame and fortune here i come.. umm :)

/runs off to eat a few more mushrooms

was u day at school so bad? o_O :D

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
i quote:

"Free" Class Special RAs. Instead of the very powerful ten and fourteen point class specific RAs of the old system, the new system will grant each class a free RA at Realm Rank 5. Most of these will be on a ten or fifteen minute timer based on power

end quote

rofl since when was the warrior special RA Doombringer a 'very powerful' ability. dont think theres a single warrior on any server anywhere who currently has this.
ah then again whats the betting they simply chop this RA :)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
"Free" Abilities based on player level or spec level. Additionally, some classes will receive what were former RAs that are deemed to be essential to their nature automatically as they reach certain levels and spec levels.
Ooooh, free determination! :clap:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
why is everyone expecting the other 2 realms to get an boost and them a nerf lest see what mythic have to say before we /quit or whine this could be a good thing (maybe a bad one) but lets see

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if Faith Heal gets a 15 min timer :D
Would be nice cause no other realms get that cause they got no pallies :D
Anyway lets wait for the list... Then whine how much albion will get screwed :p

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
LOL @ the whiners.

The way I read it is that there won't be anymore "I WIN" buttons. All the hibs/mids that whined about BoF will have access to it, and Albs/Mids get access to GP and BAOD.

This is the way RAs should have always been. Each realm/class having access to exactly the same extra abilities.

I think what is worrying lots of people is that their excuse is being removed.

Random Player 1 : Fecking Albs and their BoF + SOS + VP. We would have won otherwise.
Random Player 2 : Yeah, who needs skills when you got 'I WIN' buttons?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:
LOL @ the whiners.

The way I read it is that there won't be anymore "I WIN" buttons. All the hibs/mids that whined about BoF will have access to it, and Albs/Mids get access to GP and BAOD.

This is the way RAs should have always been. Each realm/class having access to exactly the same extra abilities.

I think what is worrying lots of people is that their excuse is being removed.

Random Player 1 : Fecking Albs and their BoF + SOS + VP. We would have won otherwise.
Random Player 2 : Yeah, who needs skills when you got 'I WIN' buttons?

1 barde, 2 druids, 4 bms+x where x can be barde,warden,eld,druid or even 5'th bm.

1 mincer,2 clerics, 1 pala, 1 sorc, 3 mercs.

Just to give you a hint.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinad said:
1 barde, 2 druids, 4 bms+x where x can be barde,warden,eld,druid or even 5'th bm.

1 mincer,2 clerics, 1 pala, 1 sorc, 3 mercs.

Just to give you a hint.

for fucks sake, its BARD not BARDE

BARD!!

how hard can it be?!?!?!

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
think thes time i will belive in mythic gets things right ar first try, for atlest once

and btw i wonder what Sorc gets, mid char atles close to sorc is a pac healer but he is a healer type so he gets bof etc, and hib well i guess mentalist or bard rps :/ but bard more is a skald and micer like so will probely end whit mentalist ra

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt mind the Ments class ra on my sorc tbh ;) its better than an AOE dot...wtf is that doing on a CC class?

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
every hib caster group will need a ment in the group with the mana burn all these changes, + casting speed changes. :eek:

the new system will probably work well, could even keep me here when WoW comes out

Herjulf

Banned
As far as i understand classes will still have "unique" RA´s.

But overpowered ones will get balanced, and abilities that totally makes things unbalanced will get shared/downtuned or removed.

While bugged/to weak ra´s get uptuned, so that it pays to get "1" point in them pays less to get 2 points but will pay to go higher.

It dont mean they will give everyone elses RA´s to others.

Sanya mentioned BoF to give us a hint what she considers "overpowered", expect grp purge to be under the looking glass aswell. And i am shure there is some midgard RA that is investigated aswell, cant see which one atm though.

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
the more i think about the more i want menta's ra its perfect vs hibs, chanters dont wanna use ther pets anymore as thy get em back in ther face in no time :)

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, was on the receiveing end of it one night, truely is a nice RA :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I think this is a mistake (and im a mid)
Albs rely on powerful ra's to balance out fg vs fg engagements
This will make them zerg more than they do now

But saying that everyone will be on a fairly even batlefield. I duno about hib and alb but i am a zerk, i had to purchase a ra respec just to get groups.
I.e I have to have PF and Det 4 and LW to get groups.
If i dont then i wont get a grp simple as.
So in that sence it will reduce the feeling of "you HAVE TO have xxx and xxx RA's"

Just my 2 cents

Erinnizz

Fledgling Freddie
One middie RA that might be interesting to other realms is PR, Ichor and maybe RoD (isnt a very nice RA but some of us like it alot tho :D )

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
We'll just have to wait and see don't we?

Stop the friggin wajn now.

QQ me a river instead

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
Bring it on, any big overhaul is good imo, adds a bit of diversity to the game, we gotta find out new tactics etc and ra setups. Hope they give albs GP too so they stop QQ'ing about it, and ofc we get bof and pr ^^
I agree that changes to RA's will surely be good, far too many "essential" RA's atm and very few classes who can actually have some free choice about which RA to get (if they want to perform well in rvr).
GP for alb will be a huge help for pbae groups but still won't solve the other problems alb has creating a pbae group (the utility required for a good pbae group being spread over a lot more than 8 alb classes).

The big question is how will they nerf the 30 min RA's? Especially ones like purge which dont have a value associated with them, or a duration. If you decrease the recast you gotta change something else. Of course if all 3 realms have access to the RA, balance is at least assured, although mids get 3 healers as opposed to albs/hibs who usually only have 2 + bard or sorc.

And like Garb said what will they do with det?

Aussie

Banned
thing that balances the realms are RA's atm. giving the same shit to midgard will unbalance everything.
albs can't give up their bof for smth else, hibs castergroups can't give up their GP. only realm that get benefits of this change is midgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom