Really starting to dislike rvr how it is atm

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
and because 2-3 times per week AE can field a grp capable of wiping alb zergs, especially in tower warfare, hibs are dominating RVR? nice one.

next week you will RN them to GOA because they are killing Dyvet, right?

hmm. in 5 years time, i only used RN to get subscription issues solved and once to report a bianshee, the first time i saw just what they could do.

i guess it would surprise you to hear me say i am glad there are still groups like AE out there ? would it surprise you to hear i don`t mind losing fight after fight after fight vs them ?

they perform better than anything we can put in the field most days for whatever reasons that might be. good for them i`d say !!!

without AE and some other quality groups, the server would be a VERY desolate place.

in the land of the blind,
one eye,
KING !

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
hmm. in 5 years time, i only used RN to get subscription issues solved and once to report a bianshee, the first time i saw just what they could do.

hmm, i thought you were one of the voices that started the TT incident. seems i am mistaken.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
hmm, i thought you were one of the voices that started the TT incident. seems i am mistaken.

Nah u are right and i guess either he's getting the piss or some kind of miracle just happened that made him recover from the blindness.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i think i was clear in expressing my view on FH about the whole TT incident.

TT started the incident, not me.

i`ve had no communications with anyone from GOA on the subject.

2 5 days suspensions for the biggest act of ingame treachery i`ve ever seen was not out of proportion imho.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone playing mid/ava ? Could use a few lvls on my shammie, so that i can lvl my other chars abit more easy :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Jees what the hell you been smoking lately :fluffle:

nothing, i guess it`s not cool to say one got pawned, came back with friends, got pawned again, came back more with more friends and got pawned again.

getting chained pawned is more fun than having nothing at all to fight :/ at least you can come back and try again.

i`m already happy in a fight like that if we can take 1 or 2 with us :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
oops, didn`t check today, just used coffee break in the office to catch up a bit on FH. soz for that.

yes to me it feels that hibs dominate RVR, i don`t think there is anything out there that can challenge AE at the moment. their domination reminds me of the impact DH had a few years ago. probably the extra relic punch helped them a bit too over the last week...

and for the record, albs did organized attempts before the hib one succeeded, they were just unsuccesfull.

Aww come on Muy, reality check, do concepts such as 'dominate rvr' even apply anymore? Small fish in an even smaller pond. No disrespect to AE, i'm sure they'd accept that the halcyon days of the server are long gone.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Aww come on Muy, reality check, do concepts such as 'dominate rvr' even apply anymore? Small fish in an even smaller pond. No disrespect to AE, i'm sure they'd accept that the halcyon days of the server are long gone.

one eye,
KING !

(hey, if a gimp like me can become the highest RR wiz on the server, what does that prove ? that even a blind ape can find a bannana once in a while ?)

ofc the high days of the server are a thing of the past. live in history or live in the present. situation being as it is now, AE is best thing out there at he mo, imho.

i didn`t say AE is as good as DH was, i just say they fullfilling an as prominent position nowadays as DH back then.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
you better check the warroom. mids retook their pow relic and albs took mid str relic from hibs...

Um, no they didn't. Warroom must be out of date, on the server no one has taken a keep for 24 hours and Hibs still have both.

Darzil

Ritchie

Banned
one eye,
KING !

(hey, if a gimp like me can become the highest RR wiz on the server, what does that prove ? that even a blind ape can find a bannana once in a while ?)

ofc the high days of the server are a thing of the past. live in history or live in the present. situation being as it is now, AE is best thing out there at he mo, imho.

i didn`t say AE is as good as DH was, i just say they fullfilling an as prominent position nowadays as DH back then.

Comparing AE to DH just takes the piss haha

killing AE takes approximatly 15-30 seconds

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie

Not quite sure I would agree, albs are starting to form a "set" full group. the odd "set" mid group appearing more and more.

The more people think the server is dead and constantly tell people its dead the less people will come on and try and bother.

We are still getting action, if more groups bothered to attempt to put a set group together they would then realise that there are plenty of groups who still want fg v fg.

dont give up before you have even started trying.. if people dont want to bother and just go onto a zergy server feel free, but dont impose your thoughts on those who want to still give this servera try

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Um, no they didn't. Warroom must be out of date, on the server no one has taken a keep for 24 hours and Hibs still have both.

Darzil

my bad then...
altho i remember checking the warroom sometime in the last 2-3 weeks and it was working OK.

must be GOA playing with us all like usual.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

people should try read more than the first line of what i type before they feel the need to comment.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie

If I had a penny for every time that the AE group was beaten in 15-30 seconds id be extremely wealthy... seriously :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Not quite sure I would agree, albs are starting to form a "set" full group. the odd "set" mid group appearing more and more.

The more people think the server is dead and constantly tell people its dead the less people will come on and try and bother.

We are still getting action, if more groups bothered to attempt to put a set group together they would then realise that there are plenty of groups who still want fg v fg.

dont give up before you have even started trying.. if people dont want to bother and just go onto a zergy server feel free, but dont impose your thoughts on those who want to still give this servera try

/signed

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie

Ofc you are right. And I understand where you are comming from, and for the server and for your continuing ability to enjoy the game it is the right way to go.

But the bad feelings after the choice GoA made regarding the TT incident, and the prelude of continuous AC raids by a very small amount of GoAs customers, with the only intent to greif the rest of the customer base, still linger in many of us.
What those people manged to do was exactly what they set out to do, destroy the realm spirit of the enemies and with it the mechanics that make the server work. And what made it so much worse was that GoA sanctioned it by their "spirit of the game"-interpretation on ingame mechanics.

So is it so hard to understand that most of us that left because of this get a feeling of vindication now when what we at that time predicted would happen, actually is comming to be? (How ever stupid it might be since most of us would give anything to get back to a nice and living english cluster again)

Unfortunatly basically all the people that have left the game since November 2006 are on the English GoA teams head. And until they come out and admit they did something wrong, its still a matter of principle for the rest of us.

Bah I really recent you for making me take Muys side again mate!
But did you just answere this without reading his post at all? He explained that he had no intention of comparing the two on a face of basis. He made a likeness in importans based on the community on that time, and the community at this time.

I dont know how well AE performs, but if Muy feels that they are the best they are facing out there, who can disagree with him about that? There might be better groups, but if there are, just name them and say this is who we feel are dominating the server. You cant really tell him what he is supposed to think, only argue your point mate!:)
And his point feels abit valid, im sure both AE and CM are pretty dominant when they are out running their setgroup, (even though there might be the odd group beating them, it doesnt seem like there are any other real setgroups running with any concistancy) and I thats probably what he is getting at...

/Charmangle

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
one eye,
KING !

Hehe, nice response. Ive gotta spread some rep around before i can give it to you again. Mmm must of been drunk last time. ;) :fluffle:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
one eye,
KING !

Seeing it this way, only emphesizes (sp?) how shite the situation on the server really is.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Depends where your expectations are at. Personally, myself and quite a few others had a push for getting agramon fg fights going a good while back, prior to the TT incident - it wasnt a sustained success then, and I know this is being mr negative, but im speaking from past experience - I doubt it will be successful now - at least not sustainably successful (beyond a week or two). I really cant believe your getting more than a couple of full group fights in a four hour period, that would be below my expectations for a fg night, and we all just got bored if we had to go off to camp a tower or bridge just to meet enemies.

Now again, that doesnt mean that i'm not prepared to try and get together an NFD group for a return one off session.

I'm glad your enjoying the fg stuff when you get it, as I really didnt associate you with someone who bought into the fg/fg idea and the pleasure it can bring - infact we'rnt you very anti the whole thing in your alb days? Just glad youve had a change of heart.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Depends where your expectations are at. Personally, myself and quite a few others had a push for getting agramon fg fights going a good while back, prior to the TT incident - it wasnt a sustained success then, and I know this is being mr negative, but im speaking from past experience - I doubt it will be successful now - at least not sustainably successful (beyond a week or two). I really cant believe your getting more than a couple of full group fights in a four hour period, that would be below my expectations for a fg night, and we all just got bored if we had to go off to camp a tower or bridge just to meet enemies.

Now again, that doesnt mean that i'm not prepared to try and get together an NFD group for a return one off session.

I'm glad your enjoying the fg stuff when you get it, as I really didnt associate you with someone who bought into the fg/fg idea and the pleasure it can bring - infact we'rnt you very anti the whole thing in your alb days? Just glad youve had a change of heart.

u know u want to "root" me!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i think prior to the TT incident, agrammon was indeed the place to be for fg vs fg and so, yes. also prior to the TT incident, server population was at the point where there were just not enough set FG`s left for the `agramon` scene to still be considered fun, i think.

stuff hapened, less set fg`s than ever before now at this moment (people leveling cows in droves doesn`t help either)...

points is with lotm out, agramon is no longer exclusive teritory for the set fg`s. with the 3 entrances to laby and quests and all stuff, a lot (everything is relative) of people pass there.

even if there were as much set groups out as 1 years ago, agromon itself has changed and is not an as good place for it anymore.

so you have to either restrict the teritory to within the mile walls or seek another location. otherwise there will to much `interferance`.

changes, they happpen.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
i think prior to the TT incident, agrammon was indeed the place to be for fg vs fg and so, yes. also prior to the TT incident, server population was at the point where there were just not enough set FG`s left for the `agramon` scene to still be considered fun, i think.

stuff hapened, less set fg`s than ever before now at this moment (people leveling cows in droves doesn`t help either)...

points is with lotm out, agramon is no longer exclusive teritory for the set fg`s. with the 3 entrances to laby and quests and all stuff, a lot (everything is relative) of people pass there.

even if there were as much set groups out as 1 years ago, agromon itself has changed and is not an as good place for it anymore.

so you have to either restrict the teritory to within the mile walls or seek another location. otherwise there will to much `interferance`.

changes, they happpen.

I mentioned agramon just coz thats where the fights were, could just scrub it from my whole post as it wasnt the important bit. On ava they just call the fg zone on the irc channel, though it seems pretty fixed as briefine for the moment.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
have to agree there with cyc a bit. Its a pity they dont cluster us more or at least do something to save the eu server. people been paying them money for along time. And i think they actually owe the people still playing to do whatever they can to save it. They will still earn cash from it^^.
I doubt they ever will now...but lets hope:)
eb/sol.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Im not, im just speaking from past experience, really i'm in a no lose situation - if pryd get back on its feet then i'm more than happy - I can start playing on there again - if it doesnt, then i'm set on Avalon for the lifetime of the game in Europe.

When I said I wish you the best of luck, I really meant it. :fluffle:

So everyone, give duvet a try again with your full groups, i'd love to see it suceed where it's failed in the past.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
i just have to say this..
why the F*ck do hibs get baseline stun AND the only insta cast debuff that interrupts, AND most needed stuff in 1 spec?! chanter, all thats needed in 1 spec, warden gets everything good in nurt, bainshee gets the strongest nuke in game as baseline.. animist pets.. omfg.. want me to keep going? this is just so stupid

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
i just have to say this..
why the F*ck do hibs get baseline stun AND the only insta cast debuff that interrupts, AND most needed stuff in 1 spec?! chanter, all thats needed in 1 spec, warden gets everything good in nurt, bainshee gets the strongest nuke in game as baseline.. animist pets.. omfg.. want me to keep going? this is just so stupid

This is daoc, if 5 years has taught us one thing, it's that Mythic know fuck all about balancing a game.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Generally judging GoA and Mythic...i am so sure i am gonna convince myself to pay them for another online game, especially something doesnt seem to be what i was expecting.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Generally judging GoA and Mythic...i am so sure i am gonna convince myself to pay them for another online game, especially something doesnt seem to be what i was expecting.

i think we all feel that way :p i do atleast ^^
what i read from the first press releases and stuff from WAR, it sounded nothing at all like the game they are showing on SS's and movie clips now >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom