[RANT] rant

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by jonrossi, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Muylaetrix

Muylaetrix Can't get enough of FH

nope they moved the servers from paris to lille in a brand new and shiny data center. and they invested an insane amount of money in new hardware.

2. Muylaetrix

rofl :clap:

3. Muylaetrix

/qft

making so much sense on a forum should be forbidden. ;)

4. Muylaetrix

extra and localized language speech i thought.

5. Scorba

Scorba Fledgling Freddie

So maybe pointing out the poor level of quality of the GOA Web outfit wasn't just 'negativity' after all. Perhaps if they had heeded the various warning signs that people pointed out, this foolish cock up would not be happening. Stupid thing is, I will play the game if it takes a week to register but I can hear the sound of all those people getting stuck on the no information wab page and heading back to WoW as Warhammer is obviously a Mickey Mouse game.

Yes this is a Beta so some bugs and difficulties should be expected but to put out no explanation whatsover on their main website says, same old GOA, and we all know what that implies for our future service.

6. Zaagazug

Zaagazug Fledgling Freddie

Seriously: The problem here was that they were late with the account page. No database can really take this amount of hammering.

Anyone remembering the WoW release? Account creation/management went down into the mud over and over and it took any hours for most people to create a username and login.

Having said that they should have expressed this yesterday since it was a given :)

And as I wrote in the othet thread I would be surprised if we are not playing tonight and mutter about crashing servers instead.

7. Reiken

Reiken Fledgling Freddie

Seems to me you are treating OB like it was release! :D
    They ARE stresstesting their account management and general webservers with the OB and from the looks of it (nothing works) they are doing a damn fine job at it.

WoW indeed did have shait in their menu for the first few days, but that was RELEASE. We are still talking BETA here. Let us not forget the difference.

That is not to say that things would for sure be different on the 18nth, but at least this gives us hope that they could be prepared for the HS and the Release day.

Anywho.. I think I'm down with my fourth waiting beer, so I really dont care anymore.. besides, I was in CB so I'm just waiting for the servers to come online so I can play. :drink: