[RANT] rant

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
what's your rush?

Don't try to beat these people with logic, their brain capacity doesn't allow for it. :p

I totally agree with you though and it just seems like a sad state of affairs when a dev has to spend a majority of his early morning telling the iMob to shut the fuck up than working on the game.

People act like we are missing out on the 2nd (or first what ever you believe ;)) coming of Jesus.

Reiken

Fledgling Freddie
Is aaaall goood!

fixed. however, a positive and forward thinking attitude will help in mitigating or resolving them, no?

:iagree:

I'm biased however, for I never really cared for what happens in the US releases. Doesn't really concern me unless it backlashes to Europe or something.
But then.. some people care very much about what car their neighbour is driving or how many traffic lights the neighbouring town has compared to their own town... I've never been too keen on such comparisons.

This should be all in good fun! :fluffle:
So pick up that pint and relax. Its only two more nights of being pissed and then you get to play! :drink:

p.s. I fell in love with these smileys.. damn.. gotta get some on my forums as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Some people get too emotional over things and that is the thing we are seeing right now.

Uara

Part of the furniture
yeah too true Deebs, especially on that forum on Warhammer Alliance. Some crazy panicing people there getting very worked up!

rynnor

Rockhound
yeah too true Deebs, especially on that forum on Warhammer Alliance. Some crazy panicing people there getting very worked up!

Its a side effect of people being so excited - it can spill over and make them a bit hyper - I feel it too :)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
how is that solution for dyvet comming along ? :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Woah, thats good news to me! I remeber the greif and agony that damn french backbone over there gave me, with its sucky sucky 5 dollar response times :D

Looking forward to see some decent ping times then.
That was my biggest issue with GOA back in DAOC tbh.

As for the OP, i kinda agree with you - feels like the law and order keepers in here has been on coffein pills the last days, locking down threads all over :)

Tbh, regarding the patch notes.. They released it - so they should stick with it. The web is not a freaking poster you can just pull something back down from :) once its there, it sticks like superglue, so might aswell discuss it.

Just my opinion.. Hope im allowed to keep it. :m00:

-hijack- Dear god i forgot how ugly your avatar was myg.

titch

Fledgling Freddie
I always look at the rant collumns, they are often the most interesting.

There is an incorrect belief that people have that because you stick your name to something, you suddently own it. If that was the case I would have a sticker box and a ferrari in the drive. These forums belong to the people who pays the server bills, and in reality we are all guests here. Don't like it, setup your own forums.

People are going to look at the whole situation and be conserned. On one side you have Mystic, up and running and so far advanced that they have the time to run PW. Whereas on the other you have GOA with silence, an unfinished website and no ability to log on and start patching up for sunday.

People have waited for this game for a long time, its now nearly here, people will always be edgy in such a situation.

GOA has done little to help themselves on the PR front and will just have to weather the storm. I'm sure their shoulders are big enought to cope :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Lets hope that GOA have a rock steady contract with Eircom, cause if its with any other provider in Dublin problems with pings and ld's are gonna take a long time to get fixed.

(speaking from experience of both working for and with Eircom)

EDIT: nerf not knowing where the servers are :D

Woot :)

Morphus1

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick question.....
I read somewhere cant remember where but they also promised some bonus features so that we wouldnt feel mistreated compaired to our over the sea companions...?
tho as it stands now i would just be happy to get onlineline on the 7th any comments??

Reiken

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick question.....
I read somewhere cant remember where but they also promised some bonus features so that we wouldnt feel mistreated compaired to our over the sea companions...?
tho as it stands now i would just be happy to get onlineline on the 7th any comments??

I think just today somewhere in these forums it was mentioned that all bonus features will be intercontinental.. meaning we all get them.
Though those have nothing to do with the Beta.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
thing is, if we all were allowed to rant away at GOA in all free will

these boards would go out of hand considering how its been before

I'm sure we'll have to remind the newbies of the RvR discussion board crisis of 2004!

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Bottom line personally, I want the game to be an outstanding success, and I want GOA's handling of the game to be an outstanding success too.

But I don't want to see a repeat of the debacle (and it was a debacle) that was DAoC's launch and initial handling plus customer relations, and such an unwillingness to face and answer highly warranted criticism ever again. The disrespect that was shown to PAYING GAME CUSTOMERS that was displayed on the forums (and supported by people that should have known better, and should have had the interests of the game a priority) then, was APPALLING!

ALREADY we are seeing some of that exact same blinkered attitude raise it's head here, expressed against people with very valid concerns, after previous bad experiences. It is NOT healthy! Having your own head shoved in the sand like an Ostrich, and trying to get everyone else's head shoved in the sand as well, is not constructive as an objective, because all that happens in the end is paying customers stop paying the bills, and the game suffers.

Now all that being said, at the moment GOA are up to their eyes in work getting things ready for us, let's give them the best chance to prove themselves, and give them as much peace and quiet from this end (they won't be getting any their end right now, I can assure you) as we possibly can.

They shouldn't need luck, but I do wish them the very best of luck with everything, and hope there's not too many panics cropping up to get in their way.

I'm one of those that WANTS to be screaming praise from the rooftops for the excellent job you have done handling the launch. Give it your best shot guys (and gals)! :cheers:

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I think the main problem that people encounter is that the U.S is providing MORE than they said they would - e.g the PW weekend, early announcement of SE preorders getting into the OB etc... Mythic have provided above what their initial targets were, which is obviously a good thing.

I think people just assumed GOA would immediately provide the same thing, but truth be told, GOA are providing EXACTLY what they said they would - namely an OB and Headstart. As far as I know, they are still on track so I'm satisfied, and I don't see what we can complain about :D

(Warhammer Alliance is just a barrel of fun - I'm pretty sure a self help group has formed for people who didn't receive their OB keys before this weekend)

It would be nice for the account centre to be up today tho. I don't fancy downloading any huge patches on my slow internet line, on a day the servers really will be stress tested :D But still, they promised the accounts would be online before beta starts, so 1 min before still counts as a promise held!

rynnor

Rockhound
I don't fancy downloading any huge patches on my slow internet line, on a day the servers really will be stress tested :D

You wont need to - the patch is an optional pack so once you've registered and the servers come up your away :)

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
My guess is, they have same client for closed and open beta. Hence, if they'd have the login servers up now, you could patch & play the closed beta as soon as you got your key entered.

Who knows?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
My guess is, they have same client for closed and open beta. Hence, if they'd have the login servers up now, you could patch & play the closed beta as soon as you got your key entered.

Who knows?

Closed Beta is over, there's no active servers at the moment.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Is the authorisation server still not up? To be honest, I am getting a bit worried now. There's aboslutely no reason to leave it this late and could quite easily cause a lot of problems.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Is the authorisation server still not up? To be honest, I am getting a bit worried now. There's aboslutely no reason to leave it this late and could quite easily cause a lot of problems.

Nope it's still not functional.............. and yeah its worrying to say the least, as this really is the 11th hour now.

However Iain has stated that the account pages will be up in time...... so we need to let them get on with it and wait to see if they deliver on thier promise.

Yes they are behind and this should of been sorted weeks ago etc etc but we cant shout GOA down as they have not failed yet.

Dont get me wrong though, if they do fail to get all the pieces in place for tomorrow I'll be the first in line demanding answers as to why we've been left behind..... and as MJB said both they and Mythic will throughly deserve it!

Roll on tomorrow!! Come on GOA............ keep the faith!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I agree, bring on tomorrow :)

Whatever I feel about the auth page not being there on a personal level, I am hoping it will all be fine when the green light goes on. Bring on the witch elves and shadow warriors *grins*

:D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
GOA managed to earn a poor reputation with DAoC, WAR is supposed to be a totally different experience for all of us. This is their chance to get things right, however they've only got one last chance with the final launch to get things working okay. If they screw up the launch days (open beta, headstart days, final launch) then we'll get the exact same situation as we did with DAoC - and entire customer base which will probably end up despising GOA.

You have to admit that so far things haven't been so great for GOA. CE preorders for the US got into closed beta and the rest of the players are having fun with preview weekends. GOA has left information regarding SE preorders and open beta until the last moment possible. :(

I know they're still within schedule, all they have to do is launch open beta tomorrow. However you have to admit that they're leaving this a little bit late - I was hoping that they'd have things like account management ready earlier in the week, I think most of us were hoping this would be the case given the anxiety of quite a few players.

So far the entire dealing with it has been a typical GOA job, various details come from the CMs through various forums yet the WAR-europe website doesn't get updated.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
/st herta

look dude, we were promised equal treatment, i dont want any of those things as they mean nothing to me, only the game itself is important,

although i admit the CE i purchased now seems like a broken pencil, and i did only get it for the OB, which was silly of me, as the amount of OB was never started,

i am just making a point along the lines of what we were promised.

i still have to see ONE promise they have not been able to deliver tbh with war.

equal or better treatment ? i feel like i am getting that tbh.

so mythic decided at last moment to give away some extra `shiny toys` like a preview weekend. if GOA didn`t do that, what promise did they break ?

they promised the account manager would be up before the open beta started. they haven`t broken that promise yet.

they promised that the open beta would start at 1300 on sunday. they haven`t broken that promise yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom