RAndom minecraft rabble thread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just thought i'd start one of these random things here since we all have some random stuff to say now and then :p

As an announcement, there is a netherportal up in the eastern sea(from starting location).

There's a big hole in the sea, which holds the gate. Feel free to pop into the nether before i beef up the defense perimeter ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Love the new terrain. Feel like shit today so eying up a half day. I want to find myself a npc town to fortify!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah the enw terrain is lovely, especially love the eastern sea(or Sexy Sea as i shall now name it).

Yesterday was a marvelous digging experience though;

Dig down, end up in an underground tunnel, go into an underground grevice, venture through that aand end up un an abandoned mine, through a waterway and out into open sea, popping my head(barely) up for a breath and i was right next to where i started from :p

Only difference to where i left off was 200 iron, 3 diamonds, some gold, odd bits and pieces of other stuff and battlecars up the wazoo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
'Bah, notch is planning on removing the endermen block moving ability.

This pussyfooting around is really annoying, especially since creepers won't soon blow up stuff on our server :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's a matter of taste I suppose. I just want to build stuff, I am simply not interested in the adventure element of minecraft. If I wanted action I would play something that does it far better than mobs randomly blowing shit up :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, maybe we could get two worlds with different rules. Keep this new as an "adventure" mode and the old ones as peaceful.

I just like the aspect that you have to light up your work areas, night is harder to build on etc.

Also workstuff blowing up is the salt that makes building things so tasty, without annoyance there is no pleasure :p

Or to put it in other words; creepers making stuff go boom makes for many moments of "Aaah! F*ck! No get away!" instead of "Boom! oh well"

You can always creeper proof buildings anyway, so people should get off their arses! :D

Everz

FH is my second home
Are the mines random? So far under my house I've found a massive ravine/cave and now a mine shaft that I spent 2hour exploring and still didnt get to the end.

This normal hah?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah its new. I found one too, I got a bit overwhelmed in the end. Stashed my stuff and waiting until I can get back to northland to continue with building projects :)

Very good though and adds a lot to the game.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh it was a nice find, was randomly digging through my maze to confuse people when I hit a hole.. low and behold its a mineshaft.

:D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Been playing about with sticky pistons and redstone circuits in creation mode. Have a few ideas for putting them in my buildings now :)

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
yer like you raven, quietly waiting for Northland to come back online so can finish my builds, think new lighting will work well in pyramid, nice shading on sand stone.
and hey raven when northland back up, check out the red stone testers blodapplesin set up under his tree farm (the two huge glass cilinders). some cool doors and block changers and can see all red stn wire too:)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Any news on Northland btw? Really keen to get started on my next project. Need my stash of slimes and redstone though! :)

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
think chosen said would be at least a week or so... but dunno if he is waiting on a 3rd party for up dates... so fingers crossed ;)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
A recommended build was released today, so now I have to figure out how to merge the two maps, when mcedit is OOD! Might have to add both worlds to the server, and use worldedit to do so

PieOpaH13

Regular Freddie
cool news Chosen thanks for all ur time 'n effort, we will be patient but would be good idea to see if there is a need to merge, as myself and others want Northland kept as u know, but i havent heard any one talk about wanting to keep Southland.. but as i dont know for sure would not like to say... could ask...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Built an offshore base in the huge ocean and connected it by nether portal to Tohtori's.

I HATE ghasts >.<

Also, far too much maths involved in creating nether portals...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Remember that you don't need the corner pieces for it to work.

My portal might get taken down, depending on which way my underwater build goes. Currently i'm having serious flood issues and need to rebuild :p

It seems it's NOT a good idea to build a hole in the water and leave the walls out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Can we make portals to northland (when its up?) Or will it be a single communal portal as before?

Started building quite a complex structure with the eventual aim of moving all my stuff to the new land, I don't fancy making the journey several times to move stuff though. It's 3 full days walk away from the spawn point!

I do eventually intend to build a railway from my area to the spawn area but to do so I will need thousands of of bits of track I plan on going through or over anything! Except player structures/land ofc! All this will mean I need to also build tunnels and bridges. I need meh iron!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the portals support multiworld, atleast in the old sever i had a portal(personal) from my castle in south to the ruins in north.

So basically if you got the obsidian, you can make a lawnportal and hop back and forth.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
it's probably because you have admin/moderator level, you can generate stargates anywhere. :p

If Chosen sets up the permissions with stargate.create.personal and stargate.destroy.personal then you would be able to create a stargate network under your own playername as a standard user.

but if you do go down the personal stargate network, you might want to define maxgates (but this as an aside, limits the amount of gates anyone can put including ops/admins) and have a different gate design to make personal networks more noticeable from a distance.

it does mean that with personal stargate networks, theres little need of additional teleportation systems like MyWarp/PersonalWarp :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well afaik Chosen is going to limit the /PW to 1 per person due to lag and and crashes, which is fair enough. People got pretty lazy really, porting everywhere :)

However, it would be nice to also have a limited amount of personal stargates, purely for world to world travel, say 1 per person per world? That way you could have a main base and then offshoots to the different worlds. I don't want to leave my old structures behind but I am so impressed with the new land that I have decided to set up there.

I will ask him when he gets back from his weekend break.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah could be right, i never did consider he stargates as an op power :D

If Chosen can make it happen for all(personal networks), we can eliminate the PW completely.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Not sure if it counts the same, but Warping within a party needs to stay.

Party warping brought the community together better than anything else so far, sure we have a train system that spanned the known community, but..

Like when ickkle was making his damn, 3 of us ported in, so was 5 of us in total, and we had flume races down to the bottom of the overflow channel, that is...because no faffing was required we had that fun there and then.

And as for personal warps - i want 20 ! lets see, got one for pie's place, one for Tony's 4 for monster spawners, one for sand...i forget the amount of times i've had to delete warps... sad face :(

so...what might happen is..in everyone's abode they will have Stargate's, everyones monster spawner..will have a stargate ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Your the bastard who stuck his portal in the ocean? If you were wondering what the pile of netherack were it was me trying to escape hah, nice idea but damn its annoying popping out of the nether nowhere near my base :p.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure if it counts the same, but Warping within a party needs to stay.

Party warping brought the community together better than anything else so far, sure we have a train system that spanned the known community, but..

Like when ickkle was making his damn, 3 of us ported in, so was 5 of us in total, and we had flume races down to the bottom of the overflow channel, that is...because no faffing was required we had that fun there and then.

And as for personal warps - i want 20 ! lets see, got one for pie's place, one for Tony's 4 for monster spawners, one for sand...i forget the amount of times i've had to delete warps... sad face :(

so...what might happen is..in everyone's abode they will have Stargate's, everyones monster spawner..will have a stargate ?

I think the problem was that sometimes when someone ported it failed to load the chunk, when that happened the server crashes. That's the main reason for restricting there use anyway.

Inter group travel should stay like you say. I wouldn't have thought that would cause problems because surely by the fact that someone is in a particular chunk there would be no problems loading it.

Restricting one stargate per person per world will work, can always stick railways to your devices/structures. Personally I am building a main centre which contains all I will need, clay factory, monster spawner, tree farm etc (I suppose I should add a food farm too!) Also it seem you don't have to go far in the new world to find sand and presumably sand stone.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
any idea how to fix the memory leak bug? getting it every 5mins ;\

no idea, you allowing java to use enough ram? you can change how much it uses by downloading mcpatcher from the forums, you can set java's ram useage in there.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I think the problem was that sometimes when someone ported it failed to load the chunk, when that happened the server crashes. That's the main reason for restricting there use anyway.

Inter group travel should stay like you say. I wouldn't have thought that would cause problems because surely by the fact that someone is in a particular chunk there would be no problems loading it.

Restricting one stargate per person per world will work, can always stick railways to your devices/structures. Personally I am building a main centre which contains all I will need, clay factory, monster spawner, tree farm etc (I suppose I should add a food farm too!) Also it seem you don't have to go far in the new world to find sand and presumably sand stone.

It's very possible to run out of sand, ask pie ! That guy has destroyed lovely sandy shores, pristine beaches..strip mining ftw.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Your the bastard who stuck his portal in the ocean? If you were wondering what the pile of netherack were it was me trying to escape hah, nice idea but damn its annoying popping out of the nether nowhere near my base :p.

It's mine actually :p

The portal will likely be moved, but it's still going to be underwater so it won't help your life. You could've just swam out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom