SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is it going to happen? Absolutely, is Trump some sort of sage for saying it out loud? Not really, wasn't his son in law talking about it as an investment opportunity some weeks ago?
Yeah, the argument isn't about Trump. The randomly annoying thing is this:

Daniella Weiss, 78 ... already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv, so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand"

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked

That's the desired outcome for many.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking thick fucker aka Deebs.

Sat in the lounge saying "Alexa turn on hall floor lamp" for 10 minutes, getting more and more irate and start introducing expletives as you do. Took a delivery and thought I know, bet I turned the lamp off using the foot activated button.

So I press it, nothing. So I press it again, nothing. Check it is turned on at the socket. Check.

Ah maybe the bulb is loose so I look inside to tighten the bulb. WHAT FUCKING BULB? SOME CUNT HAS REMOVED IT.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Fucking thick fucker aka Deebs.

Sat in the lounge saying "Alexa turn on hall floor lamp" for 10 minutes, getting more and more irate and start introducing expletives as you do. Took a delivery and thought I know, bet I turned the lamp off using the foot activated button.

So I press it, nothing. So I press it again, nothing. Check it is turned on at the socket. Check.

Ah maybe the bulb is loose so I look inside to tighten the bulb. WHAT FUCKING BULB? SOME CUNT HAS REMOVED IT.
Yes you knob, I took it out and put it in the outside light last week........ :rolleyes:

I'm not saying i'm not a cunt, but you asked me to do it, so it's on you

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes you knob, I took it out and put it in the outside light last week........ :rolleyes:

I'm not saying i'm not a cunt, but you asked me to do it, so it's on you
Yeh as I just explained on the phone, sorry. Did make me laugh though. At least I didn't try and put my tongue in the bulb housing like I do to test 9v batteries :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking Sky Q.

Don't turn my Sky menu pink to celebrate the launch of that fucking shit thing called Barbie.

It hurts my eyes being blasted with a vile shade of pink whenever I want to see what is on the other channels. Cunts.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Windows 11
If you like your taskbar height small, don't install the latest W11 version. The Registry tweak you use to change the height is borked. I just rolled back.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yarrrr. You knows the answer to that, me hearty.
I love me a bit of sailing. My big boat is not seaworthy at the moment, gotta find the get up and go to fix the issue.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fucking Sky Q.

Don't turn my Sky menu pink to celebrate the launch of that fucking shit thing called Barbie.

It hurts my eyes being blasted with a vile shade of pink whenever I want to see what is on the other channels. Cunts.

I've just got rid of Sky; the fucking Sky Q boxes finally made give up the whole thing. But boy, the lassie on customer service did not want me to close my account; I think it took about half an hour of me getting increasingly annoyed with her while she desperately threw incentives at me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've just got rid of Sky; the fucking Sky Q boxes finally made give up the whole thing. But boy, the lassie on customer service did not want me to close my account; I think it took about half an hour of me getting increasingly annoyed with her while she desperately threw incentives at me.
The 1TB box I have is my 2nd box and unless I put a fan right in the side where the hard drive is it will hang whilst watching sky, an app or a recording. The sound turns into a machine gun.

I asked for a 2TB box to see if the fault still exists but no, they want to send an engineer. I told the woman he could be sat twiddling his thumbs for up to an hour but she would not have it. It is properly ventilated with at least 10cm clearance on all sides and the top but like I said if I do not put an exterior fan on the hard drive side (left when looking at front) you could try and fry a fucking egg or two on it.

My old Sky HD box ran for years without any issues whatsoever.

I did warn her that Vermin Media also operate in my area..... (brother has it and has no issues whatsoever)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My Sky+ HD box is still going strong in France after at least 15 years of service (although I have had to replace the hard disk in a friend's). I know people over here who were, until recently, happily using the original original Sky+ (non-HD) boxes and they only stopped working because Sky deactivated all of the SD channels.

Syri

FH is my second home
Windows 11
If you like your taskbar height small, don't install the latest W11 version. The Registry tweak you use to change the height is borked. I just rolled back.
I've been using Start11 since I pretty much had to use Win11 to solve the displayport issue that saw my entire desktop re-arranged every time I closed the laptop lid while using an external display. It fixes the taskbar, and also lets you have any previous start menu, rather than Windows 11's "influenced by android 1.0" start menu.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been using Start11 since I pretty much had to use Win11 to solve the displayport issue that saw my entire desktop re-arranged every time I closed the laptop lid while using an external display. It fixes the taskbar, and also lets you have any previous start menu, rather than Windows 11's "influenced by android 1.0" start menu.
I love Startxx. Used it for years. Worth every penny.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My Sky+ HD box is still going strong in France after at least 15 years of service (although I have had to replace the hard disk in a friend's). I know people over here who were, until recently, happily using the original original Sky+ (non-HD) boxes and they only stopped working because Sky deactivated all of the SD channels.
I've still got my old Sky+ HD box but so far with my fan blowing at the Shite Q box it has not crashed since. It has to be a design fault as I have even pulled out the Shite Q box so its sat on top of a draw so not enclosed and without the fan it still hangs.

Bet it is a design fault though saying that it has an internal fan but I am yet to hear one. Monday is going to be interesting when the engineer arrives.

Hehe, just looked over at the entertainment furniture and I still have a big fuckoff adjustable spanner sat there, might put a hammer, angle grinder, hacksaw, chisel and some tape there ready for Monday.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Never had Sky, used it on holiday once and found the system clumsy, we get our sport via NowTV.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I just installed Start11. I like it. Gives back control. It shouldn't be like that tho. Starting to feel its Microsoft's computer not mine. That's what I hate about Samsung phones. Samsung makes lovely flagship phones but you are forced to use a lot of their shite proprietary software. And don't get me started on Bixby

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I just installed Start11. I like it. Gives back control. It shouldn't be like that tho. Starting to feel its Microsoft's computer not mine. That's what I hate about Samsung phones. Samsung makes lovely flagship phones but you are forced to use a lot of their shite proprietary software. And don't get me started on Bixby
What "shite proprietary software" do Samsung force you to use?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I've been struggling to switch the in-app translation to use Google translate rather than the samsung one (which is shit)

Most of the rest can be disabled (their calendar widget is also dogshit)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Never had Sky, used it on holiday once and found the system clumsy, we get our sport via NowTV.

NowTV is Sky, same dev team. It's now gone full circle and they've launched Sky Stream which is just NowTV with more billing options.

Embattle

FH is my second home
NowTV is Sky, same dev team. It's now gone full circle and they've launched Sky Stream which is just NowTV with more billing options.

I know it is sky but it works better imo, probably helped by the fact we only use it for sport.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm still on BSB. Watching The Power Station on my squarial.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Being away from my PC for the Easter weekend, trying to log into FH on the mobile phone and @Deebs fucking minions unable to get the bloody 2FA email to an outlook account... you big nosed wally!! :wij:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Being away from my PC for the Easter weekend, trying to log into FH on the mobile phone and @Deebs fucking minions unable to get the bloody 2FA email to an outlook account... you big nosed wally!! :wij:
I mght be a big nosed wally but it is better than being a dwarf.

PM me the email address at outlook.com so I can check the logs to see what the issue is.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I mght be a big nosed wally but it is better than being a dwarf.

PM me the email address at outlook.com so I can check the logs to see what the issue is.
Done... you cunt :)

Embattle

FH is my second home

Ssshhh or you'll give away your backup hiding place.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
We've got Sky Q and only two annoyances:

- You need Sky WiFi to get Netflix etc on the mini boxes, meaning I can't turn off the Sky SSID and put everything through my Decos instead. Thanks to interior design issues caused by the wife not letting me take over the living room, it's a right bugger to get the Sky WiFi and Decos not to interfere with each other.

- The boxes need a power cycle every so often.

Other than that I quite like it. Easy to use unless you're a dribbling idiot, shed loads of content and sports in 4k.

Not cheap, but then we aren't poor so *shrug*.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In our case, daily. Which is one reason I got rid.
I could handle daily but every few hours, the fuckers. I have a little usb fan blowing air into an already well ventilated Shite Q box and so far it has made a difference. For some unexplained reason it always decides to go titsup in the middle of really important stuff I am watching like Fishing on the Bank :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom