SPAM random annoying things

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ours needs a power cycle once a month, maximum - even the one we've mounted on the wall above our log burner. I'd say our old Sony Android TV (rather than Google TV on the new ones) needs power cycled more often when Android shits itself and refuses to turn on.

In fact it's a shame you can't install custom ROMs on TVs, as it's a stunning panel (and 65 inches across), but Google's early TV OS was garbage.

We did look at Sky Stream so we could turn off the Sky WiFi, but they don't record so are a bit of a non starter at the moment.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
And my own annoyance - Fitbit Sense chargers. It seems after a couple of months one of the pins refuses to "pop out* and make contact with the watch, so it won't charge and the charger is scrap.

I did look to see if this could be an excuse for a Pixel Watch but was put off by a couple of things:

1) The battery life on them sucks ass. My Sense will easily do 4 or 5 days, the Pixel is done in 24 hours.

2) It uses the same charger as the Sense, so they'll last even shorter with charging every day.

So some new Chinesium chargers were duly ordered from Amazon.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Shouldn't have such a gay watch then!

I quite liked a Casio ProTrek, but, because I couldn't make calls with it, I returned it. Got a Samsung thingy that I could make calls with, and that's lived in a drawer since about a month after I bought it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The moment you realise you should really be doing something productive after losing an argument with ChatGPT

I said John Cage's composition 4'33" (where the orchestra performs no music for 4 and a half minutes) is idiotic artless pretentious bullshit

The bot waffled on about appreciating the sound of silence and your surroundings, and that it was protected by copyright ! WTF. 4 and a half minutes of silence is protected by intellectual property rights ?!

I then said so if I display a blank canvas at a museum and called it "Nothing", and someone else copies my idea I can sue them for IP infringement ?

ChatGPT said no because unlike 4 minutes of silence, a blank canvas has no artistic value !

:twak:

Carbon60

One of Freddy's beloved
Ours needs a power cycle once a month, maximum - even the one we've mounted on the wall above our log burner. I'd say our old Sony Android TV (rather than Google TV on the new ones) needs power cycled more often when Android shits itself and refuses to turn on.

In fact it's a shame you can't install custom ROMs on TVs, as it's a stunning panel (and 65 inches across), but Google's early TV OS was garbage.

We did look at Sky Stream so we could turn off the Sky WiFi, but they don't record so are a bit of a non starter at the moment.

My parents 2015 Sony Android TV has issues switching on, it seems to be getting worse.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
/me looks at his Sony TV and sighs......

Embattle

FH is my second home
We have a couple of LG OLEDs which work well, got a Nvidia Shield Pro connected to main one as Plex with DTS, Atmos, etc work better with the shield than on the TV.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I still have a Pioneer plasma from 2013. No reason to change it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have moisture in the camera of my S10+. I really don't want to have to buy another phone :eek:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I get it. I have moisture in my underpants. I really don't want to change them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Lamp old bean - you can easily and correctly solve that problem by removing them and then refusing to wear any ever again :)

Carbon60

One of Freddy's beloved
I still have a Pioneer plasma from 2013. No reason to change it.
I'm still using a Panasonic GT60 from 2013 although it is a bit like Trigger's broom, I had the whole thing replaced due to screen burn then later I had the panel itself replaced due to vertical black lines appearing. When I hear about the issues with newer TVs I probably won't change it till it dies, when I play Blu-rays on it the picture is amazing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not properly researching shit.

Collected the all the bits (so I thought) of a HTC Vive off eBay, paid about £80 so far, turns out I need base stations too...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm still using a Panasonic GT60 from 2013 although it is a bit like Trigger's broom, I had the whole thing replaced due to screen burn then later I had the panel itself replaced due to vertical black lines appearing. When I hear about the issues with newer TVs I probably won't change it till it dies, when I play Blu-rays on it the picture is amazing.

oops yeah mine is a Panasonic GT60 too (Pioneer/Panasonic confusion). It hardly ever gets used, I watch most things on my big PC monitor.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Gyms

Under pressure from the boss, I went to a gym today to get some stuff to bring back so she can see I'm "making an effort" (lol)

Anyway, I asked about personal training. One of them came out to talk to me. Friendly guy, sickeningly fit, and in his late 20s. I asked if they had older trainers. No. I said no problem I'll try somewhere else. What's wrong, he asked. You're 20-something years old. You have no idea what its like having a 50 year old body that looks like a dropped lasagne. Thanks anyway

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem there @Lamp, is you feel like everyone who doesn't go to a gym when you start going to a gym.

Tough it out. It'll transform your life. Get that 20 year old to punish you - you enjoy it afterwards. Tell him/her what you want to get out of it and commit to their plan.

You'll be happy that you end up ditching the self-consciousness too. :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm going to visit a few more. If I can find a personal trainer 40+ I'd much prefer that.

Before he moved up North, my friend in North East London had a PT in his 50s (ex army boxing instructor) and took things real slow and very gradually built up the pace, concentrating on correct technique, breathing, stretching, and adjusting his mindset rather than trying to kill him on the treadmill straight off the bat. That's what I want

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair - that's what all personal trainers should do. It's all about technique - how heavy can you lift whilst maintaining perfect form. If you can't maintain the form, drop the weight.

Don't bash the treadmill in the gym - lift. You can ride a bike, jog or walk up a hill to get your heart going.

And if your aim is to lose weight - exercise doesn't do that. Eating less (or better, consistently) unfortunately.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So I was lied to when someone said chocolate eclairs count as one of your 5 a day :eek6:
Bastards
What am I going to dip into my Cherry Pepsi now ? Bacon ?!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I need to lose a few pounds. My bathroom scales ran out the house earlier. Jumped in an Uber
I'm about 2 stones over. I've already cut down on junk and carbs. I can do it. Just need self control

Mrs: well if you're not eating carbs and junk food I've got something you can eat.....:sex:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tip: Self-control is hard @Lamp. We don't have bottomless abilities to resist temptation.

So do this: be very self-controlled in the supermarket. If bad stuff isn't in the house you can't eat it.

Instead, be like me - repeatedly dissapoint yourself by opening the fridge to look for snacks you know aren't there :eek:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The main benefit of a trainer or training partner for me is the peer pressure, far easier to keep myself honest when i know someone else is relying on me to help keep them honest

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Holidays.

Last time I had a cold, aaages ago, I was on holiday. Last time I had covid I was on holiday. Got a week off, stinking cold. Feel like shit.

Grrr :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
There is a nasty cold going around at the moment, took me and my dad 3 weeks to get over most of it with some bits still around...although he is 72 and I just recovered from my rebound covid when he picked it up from an old friend.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If you get fucked over in the street then your assault was less important than others and the criminals were less criminal.

It's supposed to be a deterrent more than anything else. I don't think the prosecution will be any different. We have it in NYC, where most public service workers are a special protected class. They expanded it to cover Metro North workers (commuter rail covering southern New York and Connecticut) a few years ago, but I have no idea how effective it is. There's sign on the subways saying that attacking a MTA worker can give up to 7 years in prison.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's supposed to be a deterrent more than anything else. I don't think the prosecution will be any different. We have it in NYC, where most public service workers are a special protected class. They expanded it to cover Metro North workers (commuter rail covering southern New York and Connecticut) a few years ago, but I have no idea how effective it is. There's sign on the subways saying that attacking a MTA worker can give up to 7 years in prison.
It's shit. "Special protected class" is a crock of shit. The prosecution will come with increased jail time.

If the deterrance of assault isn't enough, it's not going to stop arseholes. And if it IS enough (and evidence shows we don't work like that) - that would mean those arseholes would instead target people in the street. So even if it worked (and it won't) it would make all of the rest of us less safe.

It's the wrong messaging. Assault is assault. What these types of laws are are signals to voters that we care, honest. But they waste money and time. What voters need to hear is top-level government going "we've got all your backs - and instead of wasting money on suck-your-dick-off laws that don't achieve anything but keep you baying idiots a bit quieter we'll hire a few more jackbooted thugs cops to shoot niggers and stuff keep the peace"

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's been a long time since I worked in retail but none of that will do anything. Best deterrent we ever had was our senior guard who pulled up every weasel for every single thing they tried every single time. The biggest deterrent to all of them for the benefit of staff is "it's more difficult here than X down the road"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom