StarMix would be perfect but for those things

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tangfastics are awesome

except when the inside of your bag becomes very sticky

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Damn - That looks like it'll affect me too. I've been using Gmail for email with my custom domain since it was free so I'm going to have to look at alternative options. One thing it will solve is upgrading my Nest account which Google refused to let me do as the personal email is managed by my 'business'.
Fyi it looks like they've backtracked somewhat and are now offering separate paths for commercial and personal use. So if it's just for personal use, you can "opt out" of the transition and continue for free - hopefully that still includes the basic apps (Docs, sheets, a bit of Drive space etc).
If you’re an individual or family using your account for non-commercial purposes, you can continue using the G Suite legacy free edition and opt out of the transition to Workspace in the Google Admin console before June 27, 2022.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Fyi it looks like they've backtracked somewhat and are now offering separate paths for commercial and personal use. So if it's just for personal use, you can "opt out" of the transition and continue for free - hopefully that still includes the basic apps (Docs, sheets, a bit of Drive space etc).
Yep I was keeping an eye on it and they eventually allowed me to stay with a personal account with, so far, no change. However a lot of people seemed to have migrated to M365 or icloud instead (which would have been my move).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Internet. When it makes things as clear as mud.

Question: can you explain in simple terms what a metric tensor is.

Answer: The components of a metric tensor in a coordinate basis take on the form of a symmetric matrix whose entries transform covariantly under changes to the coordinate system. Thus a metric tensor is a covariant symmetric tensor.

:eek7:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know the saying "like shit through a goose".

By the end of summer I'll have six of them.

:eek:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's the shorthand for the Platinum Jubilee for the sort of people who say holibobs. Bit stupid but doesn't really seem to be harming anyone so not enough to be annoying imo.

As for the Joobs itself, I'm not the world's biggest royalist but Liz has done a fairly decent shift all told and is still working some of the time at 96, so I'll take the 2 days off and maybe spend 5 seconds raising a glass to her on Friday, then get on with the evening.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The fact that Scotland got dumped out by Ukraine rather than being smashed out of the WC by England.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well we don't want to be the most unpopular football team in the whole of Europe do we?

We'll leave that to you guys.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well we don't want to be the most unpopular football team in the whole of Europe do we?

We'll leave that to you guys.

You would have to beat us first...

Then we fall back to nobody likes us, and we don't care.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Couldn't give a fuck about the jubilee.

But why is our media fucking obsessed with Meghan and Harry?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Because they've refused to play the game and the newspapers don't like it. Because the game earns them money and favours. Harry and Meghan have basically gone "fuck this, can't be arsed, bye bye".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That the cat has just woken me up very happy with himself that he's broight a live mouse in to play with under the bed :eek:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Harry and Meghan have basically gone "fuck this, we can make more money flogging this shit to Americans, bye bye".

FTFY. I'm no fan of British newspapers but H&M's motivations aren't exactly pure either.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Another work rant.

Our digital team are all using aged Macs (Laptops) and we're basically going to be replacing the machines with MANAGED Windows devices. The whole team are throwing their toys out of their pram because "omg windows sucks and is slow" - Jesus Christ.

We don't build IOS apps, WSL2 solves all your CLI issues, Windows Terminal is now awesome, all your Java stuff works on it, our DevOps teams (shockingly) actually prefer their Windows laptops because they're newer and faster (Mac fell off a desk onto concrete and died. RIP lol).

Use what your company gives you, or buy your own. But then don't bitch you don't have permissions to do everything because a potential £20m fine is more important than your feelings.

To be fair I'd love to try a Mac, but W11 and my config is so stable it just all works. So can't justify it for even myself :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Interestingly (imo) its linux machines our IT likes least, theres plenty of device management tools that cover both mac and windows but linux is harder to do :)

I have an M1 Max laptop and wouldn't switch it for a Windows device, its super fast, silent, has amazing battery life, only complaint i have is the speakers are a bit shit but i have headphones so dont use speakers much anyway.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Interestingly (imo) its linux machines our IT likes least, theres plenty of device management tools that cover both mac and windows but linux is harder to do :)

I have an M1 Max laptop and wouldn't switch it for a Windows device, its super fast, silent, has amazing battery life, only complaint i have is the speakers are a bit shit but i have headphones so dont use speakers much anyway.
If they ever bring back bootcamp I'd buy one tomorrow but MacOS just doesn't do it for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom