SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A buzzard has just tried to kill one of my guinea fowl. :eek:

The o/h heard a massive ruckus from the chickens, came out front and the buzzard was stood on top of one of the guineas. Feathers everywhere. When she ran towards it it flew off.

Annoyingly, when I hatched the guineas I ended up with five boys and two girls and this is one of the girls. She's bloody, one of her eyes doesn't look quite right - but I think she's going to be OK. Picked her up and put her in a big transparent plastic tote box that we use as the brooder and we've put her outside by the coop so the other birds can tell she's still alive (and give her some comfort).

When she stopped shivering she shat out an egg. And that's the thing - I'd be less bothered if it was one of the boys but I need the girls to lay eggs so I can hatch more of the annoyingly loud and ridiculously dumb fuckers.

I was kinda hoping that the rest of the birds would attack the buzzard. Or maybe the cow. But no, they just stood around looking shocked, and are now milling about a bit depressed.

The buzzard's back on top of the telegraph pole waiting for it's next opportunity. The good looking fucker :eek:

:(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would be VERY concerned if one of your boys shat out an egg.

Edit. You want to get deep in your Welsh culture, leave out some beef mince with rat poison.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Edit. You want to get deep in your Welsh culture, leave out some beef mince with rat poison.
That's all over the shop. Persecution of raptors :(

I'll just hatch more of them. There's going to be a certain level of predation and that's just how it should be. It's not like I'm some privileged prick running a shoot who's getting precious about his farmed pheasants getting taken.

If I'm going to bring birds into the buzzard's natural environment, that's my fault, not the buzzards.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I was joking.

The only birds I shoot are magpies, utter wankers they are.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know m8.

I don't mind any of the corvids either tbh. Though I'll have to watch out for Jays around here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ouch! Wisdom tooth at your age?

Hard drugs is the only way forward m8.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ouch! Wisdom tooth at your age?

Hard drugs is the only way forward m8.

I cracked it. Fucking peppercorn of all things, and I'm flying to the US in just over a week so out it came. To be honest I was amazed how easy it was (never had a tooth out before) but antibiotics and painkillers will be a big part of my life for the next few days.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I cracked it. Fucking peppercorn of all things, and I'm flying to the US in just over a week so out it came. To be honest I was amazed how easy it was (never had a tooth out before) but antibiotics and painkillers will be a big part of my life for the next few days.

Personally I'd prescribe some elephant strength Co-Codamol and plenty of fibre, you'll need it after a couple of days of those things.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A couple of nights this week I'm struggling to get much more than 1 hours sleep, very annoying.

DaGaffer

Oof proper pulled, they cut mine into pieces

That's actually what I expected; "sectioning" I think they call it? You hear so many horror stories about wisdom teeth but I think I was in the chair for about 15 minutes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had all 4 out under general anesthetic and then the next 4 out under the same, 10 years later, thanks to the damage my wisdom teeth caused.

And I didn't have any shoes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's actually what I expected; "sectioning" I think they call it? You hear so many horror stories about wisdom teeth but I think I was in the chair for about 15 minutes.
That sounds remarkably efficient. I had a top premolar (or what was left of it) removed recently and it was a good 40 minutes. There wasn't much left above the surface so there was a lot of digging around, drilling, pushing, pulling and pliers slipping off whatever he thought he could get a grip on (with appropriately loud grinding/scraping noises). He obviously numbed the area beforehand so all I had was the sound effects and the amount of bracing I had to do to provide resistance but based on just that I was fearful of the pain I'd be in afterwards. It really hasn't been that bad though, the bleeding took a while to stop but since then it's just been a bit tender and that's it. On to talking about implants at the next appointment.

DaGaffer

That sounds remarkably efficient. I had a top premolar (or what was left of it) removed recently and it was a good 40 minutes. There wasn't much left above the surface so there was a lot of digging around, drilling, pushing, pulling and pliers slipping off whatever he thought he could get a grip on (with appropriately loud grinding/scraping noises). He obviously numbed the area beforehand so all I had was the sound effects and the amount of bracing I had to do to provide resistance but based on just that I was fearful of the pain I'd be in afterwards. It really hasn't been that bad though, the bleeding took a while to stop but since then it's just been a bit tender and that's it. On to talking about implants at the next appointment.

I asked about implants and its just not done for wisdom teeth. Having said that, all that shit is coming; I have a couple of teeth that need work (old amalgam fillings on their last legs) and its all been on hold because of Covid. Might get it all done in Hungary or Turkey.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I had all 4 out under general anesthetic and then the next 4 out under the same, 10 years later, thanks to the damage my wisdom teeth caused.

And I didn't have any shoes.

I had mine out the same way. Although they did it in one go.

Was in lots of pain after though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had mine out the same way. Although they did it in one go.

Was in lots of pain after though.

A surprising lack of pain actually, once the bruising had gone down...and after the pain of having them, it was great.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, I've got 8 goose eggs and need to stick them in my brooder.

I setup the brooder 24 hours ago and switched it on to let it get up to temperature and prove stable running for 24 hours before inserting the eggs.

Annoyingly, the "room temperature" alarm keeps going off. My whole house is too cold for the brooder - it's struggling to maintain stable 37.5deg because my living room is (currently) 12 degrees. Even when I ramp the fire up I get maybe 18/19 degrees - and the minimum temp alarm is, I understand, set at 20.

I can't disable the alarm. Only silence it for a while.

I think I'm going to have a month where I've got high pitched annoying beeping kicking off constantly :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Get one of those heated airers, turn it on in a small room and put the brooder in there, if possible.

Chuck a semi decent dehumidifier at it too. The cold loves damp air.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So, I've got 8 goose eggs and need to stick them in my brooder.

I setup the brooder 24 hours ago and switched it on to let it get up to temperature and prove stable running for 24 hours before inserting the eggs.

Annoyingly, the "room temperature" alarm keeps going off. My whole house is too cold for the brooder - it's struggling to maintain stable 37.5deg because my living room is (currently) 12 degrees. Even when I ramp the fire up I get maybe 18/19 degrees - and the minimum temp alarm is, I understand, set at 20.

I can't disable the alarm. Only silence it for a while.

I think I'm going to have a month where I've got high pitched annoying beeping kicking off constantly :eek:
37.5 degrees?

Simply insert them anally.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In contract broadband price increases where you can't leave even though they are about to push up the price by nearly 10% without suffering a large penalty, to me this surely isn't competitive market.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In contract broadband price increases where you can't leave even though they are about to push up the price by nearly 10% without suffering a large penalty, to me this surely isn't competitive market.
That's illegal afaik. I used to do the price rise emails for Virgin Media and in the Ts&C's it said you can cancel for free within 28 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom