SPAM random annoying things

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
It's at work, what do you expect?

I got in trouble for asking a supply teacher if she could speak French as she was covering a French lesson.

I've now stopped/avoided all conversations outside of boring small talk, unless I know my audience, from which I've found teachers are actually very opinionated :p

The fact it was an actual question is what pissed me off. Women's History Month and I can't ask the opinion of actual women (Semantics.) regarding it? People are a bit soft.

But yes.. I'm just going to keep myself quiet from now on.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The fact it was an actual question is what pissed me off. Women's History Month and I can't ask the opinion of actual women (Semantics.) regarding it? People are a bit soft.

But yes.. I'm just going to keep myself quiet from now on.

My boss is obsessed with all the diversity and inclusion stuff to the point where I know full well she doesn't really want a white middle age male in her management team. I keep my mouth entirely shut when any of this stuff comes up.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
My boss is obsessed with all the diversity and inclusion stuff to the point where I know full well she doesn't really want a white middle age male in her management team. I keep my mouth entirely shut when any of this stuff comes up.

Just say you identify as female, your pronounces are he/him.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just say you identify as female, your pronounces are he/him.
Actually, if you say you're a transwoman who has male pronouns, male clothing, doesn't shave and behaves in stereotypically male ways then you are a minority within a minority within a minority. Therefore you win.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Me: "How do you feel about the non-woman woman Olympian winning the swimming?"
Maybe if you just said "transgender athlete" rather than non-woman woman?

Regardless of whether I agree with you (or find it funny) at work it's pretty much cut and dried anti LBGTQ+. I'd expect a bollocking myself. Actually, being a contractor and working in an organisation that takes inclusivity really seriously I'd not be surprised if I saw the door.

Overdriven

Phrasing was probably bad which I admitted and offered to apologise but the general question was still valid. It wasn't a jab at the community at all but it's certainly something I'd like an actual response on.

Just interesting that people are so 'afraid' of those sort of questions (albeit phrased badly) because it makes them uncomfortable.

From my perspective I just want to hear what a non-trans woman thinks about it. You know.
Women History month, the potential implications etc.

Not a minefield I'm ever going to go near again.

Religion, politics, and now this.

Things to not discuss in public.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Never discuss religion or politics at work, it's just not worth the agro.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I do not think it is ok to single out women for special treatment it irritates me no end... I do think that salaries should be evaluated and equalised ie two CFOs with the same experience should earn around the same amount of money no matter who they are.

Sports are fucked up on one-hand everyone should be allowed to compete on the other I think there should be a separate group for trans both men and women.

Syri

FH is my second home
For sports, or at least competitive athletics, I think it'd be better separated by weight/build, rather than gender. That way you're up against people with the same build, regardless of what bits are between their legs. Maybe it's not a perfect solution, but probably better than the current system in regards to being inclusive while also being fair.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Men would still probably win most categories due to different muscle composition and bone density etc. It would still end women's sport but just in a more confusing way.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am not sure a chemical split would work either...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Perhaps the solution to trans athletes being viewed as having an unfair advantage/disadvantage is to have open categories in sport.
Or perhaps properly open all sports and let women/trans people be there on merit, or not at all?

I'd like to see a world where women are good at what they do, with outlier men disrupting them, and men being good at what they do and outlier women disrupting them - and trans are trans - so humans disrupting humans, really.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Or perhaps properly open all sports and let women/trans people be there on merit, or not at all?

I'd like to see a world where women are good at what they do, with outlier men disrupting them, and men being good at what they do and outlier women disrupting them - and trans are trans - so humans disrupting humans, really.

Maybe do it like the Tour de France: One general overall classification, then several sub classifications, such as best woman, best man, best young woman, best young man. Then everyone would compete side by side, and the interest in also rans would make events more interesting. You compete in the classification you were born with. If you change genders later in life, good for you, but it doesn't change anything.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you read this thread and take it at face value, the source of separate categories for men and women isn't quite as straightforward as it seems:

View: https://twitter.com/shereebekker/status/1504899936843935746

Perhaps the solution to trans athletes being viewed as having an unfair advantage/disadvantage is to have open categories in sport.

Sorry but that thread is very cherry-picked in terms of comparisons it lets us see. Everyone knows that there are some sports where women have an advantage but that is not an argument for opening up men to compete in all women's sports when the majority have men at a tremendous advantage just due to basic biological facts.

I'll post this again:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I remember in primary school the girls challenged the boys to a game of football, we annihilated them. We then beat them at netball too.

Overdriven

I remember in primary school the girls challenged the boys to a game of football, we annihilated them. We then beat them at netball too.

Wasn't there a tennis match like this? And the woman got absolutely demolished by a dude not even in the top 50?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Wasn't there a tennis match like this? And the woman got absolutely demolished by a dude not even in the top 50?
Not quite.

But normally there’s at least dozens of men who could beat the womens number 1.

They aren’t hampered by being designed to give birth to relatively massive fucking babies heads for a start. Women pay a heavy price for the brain power of both sexes.

DaGaffer

Sat on an analyst call talking about "the Metaverse opportunity" and realising this is like the third time in my career they've tried to flog this idea and I'm definitely getting too old for this shit.

And can somebody please remind Mark Zuckerberg that Snow Crash and Ready Player One are dystopias?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sat on an analyst call talking about "the Metaverse opportunity" and realising this is like the third time in my career they've tried to flog this idea and I'm definitely getting too old for this shit.

And can somebody please remind Mark Zuckerberg that Snow Crash and Ready Player One are dystopias?
Hey, remember Second Life? That wasn’t a waste of time at all!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There is some weird fucking shit in these online VR places.

You would love it @Wij

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Maybe do it like the Tour de France: One general overall classification, then several sub classifications, such as best woman, best man, best young woman, best young man. Then everyone would compete side by side, and the interest in also rans would make events more interesting. You compete in the classification you were born with. If you change genders later in life, good for you, but it doesn't change anything.

Yes lets do that with rugby too and see where that goes. Men v women or in mixed teams. I do wonder how many hospitalisations there would be

DaGaffer

Hey, remember Second Life? That wasn’t a waste of time at all!

I was actually offered a job by Linden Labs not long after I left Game. I turned it down because I thought I had a job with EA that vanished at the last minute :(
1648297826727.png
Right at the start of my online career I was working on Worlds Away when I was at CompuServe and I also did a demo shop in some 3D shopping mall thing at one point as well.

The nerds aren't going to happy until we're living in the Matrix.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes lets do that with rugby too and see where that goes. Men v women or in mixed teams. I do wonder how many hospitalisations there would be
I think you'd have some sports dominated by men, some sports dominated by women. I think it'd be interesting to find out.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Absolutely wreaking of channel No5 after my mum insisted I spray a bit of her Mother's Day present on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom