SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't worry too much about it, microwave based boilers will be around soon. No need to fuck about with replacing rads and pipes.

It's just like EV's, a fad that will burn out in a decade, a technological dead end.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How you feeling m8? Bad or just sniffles?

Just a cough and sniffle really. Annoying thing was I kept taking antigen tests and they all kept coming up negative until yesterday; now we're all running around getting PCR tested because we're supposed to be flying to the US in three weeks' time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just a cough and sniffle really. Annoying thing was I kept taking antigen tests and they all kept coming up negative until yesterday; now we're all running around getting PCR tested because we're supposed to be flying to the US in three weeks' time.
You'll be good for 3 weeks, no? The whole family?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@DaGaffer you should give it to your fam intentionally so you don't spread it out over three weeks.

Smart thinking.
It's not what I was saying - was just asking if the whole family was flying out.

But now you say it - there ain't no avoiding it any more, so it may be a reasonable thing to do. We're all going to get it multiple times, we all need boosters, getting it within 6 months of being vaccinated is going act like a booster - and probably the safest time you can get it.

Or is my logic wrong?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No, that's what I'm saying, if the kids have some vaccination and no underlying health conditions then I'd say go for it, only because they have a pretty expensive trip up ahead.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Being woken up before my body decides I've had enough. I hate it with all my being.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Having to explain why the three seater swing chair your mother would of loved hasn't been made right thus can't be put together.

DaGaffer

@DaGaffer you should give it to your fam intentionally so you don't spread it out over three weeks.

Smart thinking.

1. I'm not even sure how you would give it intentionally; we've all been in close proximity the whole time anyway (especially the last few days over the Paddy's Day long weekend) and I didn't even think I had Covid until I'd been coughing and spluttering for at least four days. So if that hasn't done it I don't know what would. I think my son has it (although his Antigens were still coming up negative) but my daughter has shown no symptoms at all. I guess we'll find out today.

2. I don't really like the idea of giving them a disease even for the sake of an expensive holiday, just because of the long Covid wildcard. But as I said, its not like I've been social distancing since day 1 anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Being woken up before my body decides I've had enough. I hate it with all my being.
Agree, that sucks the big one.

It's pretty much every day for me at the moment. It's almost never that I wake up before my alarm rudely interrupts my life.

I'd slept through the first alarm today (and it's repeaters) and my phone went off under my pillow giving me 6 minutes to get up and online and report on what had happened over the weekend. Which is a bit rich considering it's an 8am call and I've had the weekend off.

Work sucks balls. :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
2. I don't really like the idea of giving them a disease even for the sake of an expensive holiday, just because of the long Covid wildcard.
Totally. Did they get jabbed tho? Wonder what the relative risk of 'giving' them covid not long after they've either had it or been vaccinated, as a booster-stylee thing, as opposed to letting them go a long time without having it, immuno response dropping, then them getting it anyway further down the line (as will happen).

Difficult choice with not much evidence to base it off :(

oh. and:
1. I'm not even sure how you would give it intentionally
LICK THEM. IN THEIR FACE AND EYES.

:)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Totally. Did they get jabbed tho? Wonder what the relative risk of 'giving' them covid not long after they've either had it or been vaccinated, as a booster-stylee thing, as opposed to letting them go a long time without having it, immuno response dropping, then them getting it anyway further down the line (as will happen).

oh. and:

Feed them your bogies.

DaGaffer

oh. and:

Yeah they're jabbed. And while eye licking is not a thing, occasional face licking is (best way to win a staring contest!).

Gwadien

Yeah they're jabbed. And while eye licking is not a thing, occasional face licking is (best way to win a staring contest!).

Just tell em you found an ancient chinese child medical thing on tiktok and they'll be down.

Gwadien

TikTok is banned in our house. No social media except YouTube. Yet.

Ah so your kids will be the ones that clearly don't use it at home and only with their mates so over compensate by embarrassing theirselves by doing TikTok dances all the time? ;)

TikTok needs to be switched off.

Just wait until they say 'Look Daddy, I'm helping the Ukrainians!' and then start doing dances.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ah so your kids will be the ones that clearly don't use it at home and only with their mates so over compensate by embarrassing theirselves by doing TikTok dances all the time? ;)

How else would kids learn about how brilliant, and superior to the west, China is?

Gwadien

How else would kids learn about how brilliant, and superior to the west, China is?

It's the 20 year global conquest plan.

'As the Chinese approached the cliffs of Dover, the defending NATO soldiers danced on the cliffs in horror, realising that their moves were not repelling the enemy.'

Embattle

FH is my second home
You do realize that when people say as long as you don't have an underlying condition that the first time you may find out you have an underlying condition is when you catch covid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You do realize that when people say as long as you don't have an underlying condition that the first time you may find out you have an underlying condition is when you catch covid.
I guess everyone's going to find out pretty soon if they haven't already aren't they :\

DaGaffer

Just wait until they say 'Look Daddy, I'm helping the Ukrainians!' and then start doing dances.

They don't really seem that bothered. My daughter is desperate for her first proper smartphone (she has a simless old iPhone she can face time her friends on) but that's another year away, and no doubt Insta and all that shit will follow. We had a conversation about Snapchat the other day and that was a definite fuck off. We also kind of co-ordinate with the other parents to make sure no one breaks ranks on the rules. Once they hit 13 though it will all get messy so we're just trying to instill some common sense now, who knows if it will work?

Gwadien

They don't really seem that bothered. My daughter is desperate for her first proper smartphone (she has a simless old iPhone she can face time her friends on) but that's another year away, and no doubt Insta and all that shit will follow. We had a conversation about Snapchat the other day and that was a definite fuck off. We also kind of co-ordinate with the other parents to make sure no one breaks ranks on the rules. Once they hit 13 though it will all get messy so we're just trying to instill some common sense now, who knows if it will work?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As I say, I come across kids that don't have access by parental decree they go mental over it, and are also more likely to become a victim of some kind of social media bullying/naive action - e-street wise if you will.

But yeah, coordination won't work either unless there's agreement with pretty much everyone in their school.

The only road that would really work is monitoring all their usage, but lol, that's fucked up once they're older teens.

The one thing I do hope is that kids are able to talk to their parents if anything does happen on social media, before the school steps in because by that time it's gone way too far.

DaGaffer

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As I say, I come across kids that don't have access by parental decree they go mental over it, and are also more likely to become a victim of some kind of social media bullying/naive action - e-street wise if you will.

But yeah, coordination won't work either unless there's agreement with pretty much everyone in their school.

The only road that would really work is monitoring all their usage, but lol, that's fucked up once they're older teens.

The one thing I do hope is that kids are able to talk to their parents if anything does happen on social media, before the school steps in because by that time it's gone way too far.

They both only have a smallish group of friends they have play dates or hang out with at school, and devices are banned in school, and the parents' WhatsApp groups are very active*, so its pretty controllable for now, but I don't expect it to last. We've had the talk about telling us stuff quite a few times and I'm reasonably certain my daughter is comfortable with that but I'm I'm not so convinced when it comes to The Boy, he's more secretive by nature and he always seems to think he's either in trouble or about to be, even though I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he's been in trouble in his life. They're both good kids.

(*There's the inevitable parent who thinks her little bollix is an angel even when they're up at the school every 20 minutes, but you always get that).

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Tech Huddle (All of IT) in a meeting and somebody says "It's women's history month and we've got a guest coming in - Anyone got a question for them?"

Me: "How do you feel about the non-woman woman Olympian winning the swimming?"

My boss, on our catchup 2 hours later: "Somebody complained about your comment as it came across as anti LGBTQ+"

I'm sorry if I feel bad for the women-women who got fucked over by a person who grew up with more muscle and testosterone than literally the whole woman's squad?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Also I just got promoted to Head of Development on a technicality. I had a really good interview for a more senior role and a shitty one for the HoD - They took the original one into consideration too. The other person who applied must have somehow been worse than me.

Hah.

Bittersweet, but at least it's LinkedIn bait.

Gwadien

Tech Huddle (All of IT) in a meeting and somebody says "It's women's history month and we've got a guest coming in - Anyone got a question for them?"

Me: "How do you feel about the non-woman woman Olympian winning the swimming?"

My boss, on our catchup 2 hours later: "Somebody complained about your comment as it came across as anti LGBTQ+"

I'm sorry if I feel bad for the women-women who got fucked over by a person who grew up with more muscle and testosterone than literally the whole woman's squad?

Jesus fucking Christ.

It's at work, what do you expect?

I got in trouble for asking a supply teacher if she could speak French as she was covering a French lesson.

I've now stopped/avoided all conversations outside of boring small talk, unless I know my audience, from which I've found teachers are actually very opinionated :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom