SPAM random annoying things

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know what to tell you... pulling that quote out in the way that he did tells me he either doesn't understand Ethereum or he does understand it and - like many traditional engineers of a certain vintage - thinks "mAgIc InTeRnEt MoNeY" and refuses to accept it. I've presented several links which show that "Ethereum is slow and expensive" is an argument with ever-diminishing relevance and anyone who uses it as an argument in the here and now is either - through ignorance - not using Ethereum correctly or, by not mentioning Layer 2s, is being deliberately disingenuous because they don't like the tech (or the idea of the tech).

Next year Ethereum will be on Proof of Stake, the year after we'll have sharding, nobody will ever interface directly with L1 (the "expensive" bit). It's barely out of beta (which is another reason why it's nonsensical to criticise its performance) and it's still already settling more than $30bn of value every day. That's not to mention all the other smart contract platforms (some more valid than others) that are doing their own thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So Grady Booch doesn’t understand computers now?
Be seemingly has no idea about contract settlement though. He's looking at the wrong metric.

For examples, all of the raspberry pi's (or, lets face it - all computers combined) are of zero help on an entire suite of society-benefitting and potentilly industry-replacing features if they aren't running a distributed blockchain.

Edit: what @caLLous said :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Whoever the fuck built Oracle's HR system needs to be shot. It is probably in the top 3 worst UI AND UX pieces of cloud software I've used.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dont have to use it anymore but HR here have now brought in workday... Which is bad but not quite as bad

It currently marks me as out of office anytime anyone in my team is away which was funny at first now its just annoying

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm randomly annoyed that, try as I might, I really can't bring myself to give a single fuck about my job.

Not a single fuck.

It's not a recipe for committed excellence really is it :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
time to get a new job
To be fair, I've never given a shit about any job I've done. I just want to get paid. :(

Contracting's been good to me in that if I do a shit job then I'd know about it pretty quickly. Having a sword of damoclese hung over your head does give motivation. But I'm too old now for that to be continued motivation.

I'd pick up "outstandings" if I was sucked into permie hell. But it doesn't make for an enjoyable day-to-day.

Need to figure out how to make a trickle income that covers my outgoings that I actually enjoy. Then I can happily "work" till I drop.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
To be fair, I've never given a shit about any job I've done. I just want to get paid. :(

Contracting's been good to me in that if I do a shit job then I'd know about it pretty quickly. Having a sword of damoclese hung over your head does give motivation. But I'm too old now for that to be continued motivation.

I'd pick up "outstandings" if I was sucked into permie hell. But it doesn't make for an enjoyable day-to-day.

Need to figure out how to make a trickle income that covers my outgoings that I actually enjoy. Then I can happily "work" till I drop.

Perhaps but contracting for a different company or whatever does make you "enjoy" it a bit more as it is a bit different as you learn new systems and get to know new people.
Yes it doesn't last too long but a change is good regardless.

If you can find something you actually enjoy as a job then that would be awesome. I dont know many people who have that though

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ffs, you shaping young minds is terrifying enough, don't give @Scouse ideas too.

You wanted to see me negotiate a 'slag off China' lesson in Geography with 5 Chinese students in the class.

Masterful.

Actually, on that subject it's pretty interesting to see that those kids were pretty indoctrinated, but makes me ask the question; if they (and therefore their parents) see the West as good and China as bad, why are they here? I don't have any desire to go to live in China, because of what I've been told...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You wanted to see me negotiate a 'slag off China' lesson in Geography with 5 Chinese students in the class.

Masterful.

Actually, on that subject it's pretty interesting to see that those kids were pretty indoctrinated, but makes me ask the question; if they (and therefore their parents) see the West as good and China as bad, why are they here? I don't have any desire to go to live in China, because of what I've been told...
I’d tell them that the Republic Of China is the legitimate government of all China and that the People’s Republic is just a terrorist uprising that hasn’t been put down yet.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spending hours pre-prepping sprouts for you best mate at Xmas when you hate the fucking things! :mad::sick:🤮

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The last time I ate a sprout I threw up. My stomach contents still tasted better than the sprout.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sprouts are fucking awesome you stupid dwarf.
100%. I've still got 3 huge sprout plants outside - I should be good until February.

They're also far less bitter when they're fresh off the plant :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I grew some last year because the wife likes them, caterpillars decimated them, I was pleased.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I loved cabbage but never sprouts, although not had cabbage for a long time due to its nature to increase gas in me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The fact that nobody told me that Five guys has opened not 5 miles away from my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom