SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
> Price has already been banned from driving on five separate occasions, with Ms Kelly describing it as "one of the worst driving records I have seen".

Why not a lifetime driving ban?
I don't really get the driving ban. She didn't have insurance or MOT anyway - and had been done multiple times before.

If you've been done 5 times, and get caught with no insurance and no MOT then you know that whoever it is is going to drive regardless of a ban, and *maybe* insured and MOTd, in the future - regardless of whether a ban is in place or not.

I think these people need prison. And women shouldn't get off because they're primary carers.

I'd also start looking at taking the next 20 years worth of insurance off them in a fine, and making sure they get put into some sort of administrative bucket - future driving means that the state insures them, the state actively checks their MOT status and calls them to check they've booked their cars in - and they pay money to the state for this privilege.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can be arrested and imprisoned for driving while banned. Driving while not insured isn't as serious. That's about it really.

I'd give people one chance with a ban. If you're banned for drinking, too many points, etc - you get one ban. If you get banned again, at any point, that's it - licence gone. Forever.

If I can manage to drive without ever getting points, other people can too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't really get the driving ban. She didn't have insurance or MOT anyway - and had been done multiple times before.

If you've been done 5 times, and get caught with no insurance and no MOT then you know that whoever it is is going to drive regardless of a ban, and *maybe* insured and MOTd, in the future - regardless of whether a ban is in place or not.

I think these people need prison. And women shouldn't get off because they're primary carers.

I'd also start looking at taking the next 20 years worth of insurance off them in a fine, and making sure they get put into some sort of administrative bucket - future driving means that the state insures them, the state actively checks their MOT status and calls them to check they've booked their cars in - and they pay money to the state for this privilege.

It's interesting you think it's because she's a primary carer, and not a public figure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's interesting you think it's because she's a primary carer, and not a public figure.
Do public figures get off generally? (Other than general corruption, ofc).

Primary carer - "mwahhhh I've got a kid to look after". Ah well, no jail and a slap on the wrist for you...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She should have thought have that before getting 5 driving bans, and then again driving without insurance and MOT IMO

Gwadien

Do public figures get off generally? (Other than general corruption, ofc).

Primary carer - "mwahhhh I've got a kid to look after". Ah well, no jail and a slap on the wrist for you...

Yeah, nah, I think it's because of her public position.

There would also be *way* more social services involvement if she wasn't a public figure, her treatment of him is fucking ridiculous and she's awful at parenting him too, all his behaviours that have made the news are because of her actions.

Gwadien

I don't see why the courts would be interested in stopping someone doing prison time because they're a carer when the crimes she committed repeatedly endangered lives.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Embattle

FH is my second home
I wouldn't call her a primary carer considering how often I see a headline that she is on holiday, getting plastic surgery, drinking, parting and driving her car on its roof.

As for points:

In that is a person still driving with 68 points and a few around 50, the most often used excuse for being allowed to continue to drive with points is the personal hardship it would cause but I would say surely that should come into the persons head before getting 12 or more points.

Gwadien

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't see why the courts would be interested in stopping someone doing prison time because they're a carer when the crimes she committed repeatedly endangered lives.

The judge in the case said she can't send her to prison. This was because she had agreed to various things at her plea hearing and then done them. Why she was offered a plea bargain I can't tell ya. That might be to do with the 'exceptional hardship' stuff.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you posted the first website you found when you googled 'primary carers and the law' what's that got to do with anything?
It shows what the legal profession have to take into account when sentencing people who are primary carers.

In terms of "what that's got do to with anything" - my argument is that I bet the fact that she's a primary carer has a bearing on the law in terms of sentencing - and then providing proof that it does, seems to be that it's "everything" to do with anything.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The hardship for taking away license is absurd

A drunk driver killed an 11 year old over here a few years ago, it was 10th time she had been done, she fled the scene but crashed shortly after... No jail time and got to keep license as she needs to drive for work and she has kids, absurd

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The hardship for taking away license is absurd

A drunk driver killed an 11 year old over here a few years ago, it was 10th time she had been done, she fled the scene but crashed shortly after... No jail time and got to keep license as she needs to drive for work and she has kids, absurd
It's across the board tbh. Not just driving offences. And it helps fuel a "men are bad" narrative.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Securing our borders...

...and Frost spins it like the UK are doing Ireland a favour, not that they're a bunch of incompetent fuckwits who couldn't find their arse with both hands.
Basically, 'we don't want to implement Brexit because it will be bad'.

Gwadien

Santa fun run today at school.

Kids taking part bring £2 in. Some kids raised up to £100.

Turns out the money is then tripled by the school, sent to the head office of the trust who then reallocate it (to the schools).

Someone tell me that isn't massively fucked up.

(I'm sure I posted something similar last year).

For an added bonus the trust just appointed a COO as a new role.

Probably pays for the Christmas bonus for the head honchos.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Turns out the money is then tripled by the school, sent to the head office of the trust who then reallocate it (to the schools).

Damn, that's some Catholic Church level of wealth redistribution!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not sure I understand what the problem is. Was the purpose of the fun run/sponsorship not known to the kids?

In Irish schools they do activities all the time on the assumption its to pay for extra amenities (or refurb/replacement of existing ones) for the school. Parents are also tapped a couple of times a year for "voluntary contributions" ("voluntary" me hole) for same.

Gwadien

Not sure I understand what the problem is. Was the purpose of the fun run/sponsorship not known to the kids?

In Irish schools they do activities all the time on the assumption its to pay for extra amenities (or refurb/replacement of existing ones) for the school. Parents are also tapped a couple of times a year for "voluntary contributions" ("voluntary" me hole) for same.

It's more than it's driven by the Trust as an annual event where all the money goes back to the Trust for an unknown reason.

The bit I don't get is the school tripling the total amount the kids raise.

Plus the majority of the kids are super poor, which adds to the silliness of it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You could always submit a FoI request using whatdotheyknow.com to find out exactly how the money has been distributed.

It really is a very good website, I've used it lots.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That quote he's pulled out is laughably ignorant and out-of-date. Look up "Ethereum L2"... layer 2 solutions that exponentially increase the TPS and lower the fees.

Layer 2 solutions that are live right now:

And several others, listed here:

On top of all the above, zkSync and StarkNet are almost here (ZK-Rollups are the best kind of L2). zkSync is kind of here but not fully launched yet:

Current fees to use the above:

The thing with rollups (optimistic and zk) is that the more they're used, the less L1 gas they consume (because they bundle transactions together) and the cheaper they become to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom