SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or you could just use excel which is great for 99% of uses.

It may take an age to delete shit but I've 10 pivot tables that tell me the state of about a thousand 1000 cloud migrations we've got going on this year, their funding model, owning organisations, due date, rag status etc etc - about a billion times faster than any combination of daft Agile JIRA Kanban boards and Confluence pages.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Or you could just use excel which is great for 99% of uses.

It may take an age to delete shit but I've 10 pivot tables that tell me the state of about a thousand 1000 cloud migrations we've got going on this year, their funding model, owning organisations, due date, rag status etc etc - about a billion times faster than any combination of daft Agile JIRA Kanban boards and Confluence pages.

I want to throw things at you for saying that, but you are correct. It's far easier to get Excel sorted for that sort of top level view than it is other tools.

I hate Excel but it is a useful tool.

BTW: You guys hiring? ;)

Overdriven

Oh yeah, the actual reason I'm here:

Fuck Hermes and fuck any delivery company who needs their "own point" for returning. Use Royal Mail like everyone else you fuckwits.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
BQ & Google Data Studio for instance are free to a point, much more feature rich then excel, and very easy to use. Just using excel because it's there is not very forward thinking in my opinion and has a knock on effect to the way people think in general - we see it a lot at my company. The old boys are obsessed with bloody pivot tables.

Overdriven

What you need to do is take your Excel sheets and link them into Dynamics 365 with some PowerBI reports.

I'll charge you £600 a day.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Give me £800 a day and i'll show you how to do it in Google and you won't have to pay ridiculous licensing fees as well.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What you need to do is take your Excel sheets and link them into Dynamics 365 with some PowerBI reports.

I'll charge you £600 a day.
I quite like some of the Power stuff. My honest to god favourite is when I have to take A N Others janky workbook to use in something I'm working on. I can put their disease ridden workbook through Power Query, straighten it out and not have to deal with inconsistent formatting, horrible colour choices, etc. Plus when they stuff something up it lets you generate the errors. Added bonus no stupid across workbook lookups that lead to all sorts of horrendous "linked files" crap in formulas.

Overdriven

Give me £800 a day and i'll show you how to do it in Google and you won't have to pay ridiculous licensing fees as well.

Sorry, Google isn't allowed to be used within organisations unless you sign a Google Workplace agreement. So you'll pay me the £600 a day so I don't take you to the ISO for a GDPR breach ;(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The old boys are obsessed with bloody pivot tables.

Excuse me??? I am old (check title) yet I fucking HATE pivot tables - never done one in my life, and if I get a workbook with one in the first thing I do is go to the data table!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I quite like some of the Power stuff. My honest to god favourite is when I have to take A N Others janky workbook to use in something I'm working on. I can put their disease ridden workbook through Power Query, straighten it out and not have to deal with inconsistent formatting, horrible colour choices, etc. Plus when they stuff something up it lets you generate the errors. Added bonus no stupid across workbook lookups that lead to all sorts of horrendous "linked files" crap in formulas.

This is a fair point - I think one of the reasons 'we' hate excel is that so many people fuck it up for us... wrong formatting etc etc... I can't be the only one who thinks colours in a spreadsheet should carry a life sentence for the perpetrator, no?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This is a fair point - I think one of the reasons 'we' hate excel is that so many people fuck it up for us... wrong formatting etc etc... I can't be the only one who thinks colours in a spreadsheet should carry a life sentence for the perpetrator, no?

Red, orange green. The traffic light system.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You're not, but I think it's more nuanced than that...
Red, orange green. The traffic light system.
This is fine when it is created as a way to highlight the data through conditional formatting. It's the ultimate sin when it's used as another data layer as it makes it completely impossible to extract without getting dragged back into Excel.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
One holiday drama done, another begins. The rules for flying to the USA have now changed, so that only Covid tests done the previous day are valid, instead of previous three days. This would not be an issue, but we are flying back from Mexico on the 26th of December. Everything on the 25th is closed. Most clinics are closed Sundays. There are mobile test centers at the local Walmart, and at the airport, and we'll have to just pray that we can get a test done on the 25th, or in the morning of the 26th.

It's frustrating that the USA cares so much about covid for those coming into the country, but once here, doesn't seem to care at all.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Paying reno person by the hour and my neighbours (old people living alone) keep stopping them when they are outside getting stuff from van and yapping at them ffs leave them alone go talk to a cashier at the pharmacy or something their chit chat is going to cost me a fortune 😄

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Paying reno person by the hour and my neighbours (old people living alone) keep stopping them when they are outside getting stuff from van and yapping at them ffs leave them alone go talk to a cashier at the pharmacy or something their chit chat is going to cost me a fortune 😄
hahaha i'd be fuming

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mine were nearly a grand when I had run flats - took them off, was greeted with a much better ride, more grip and a reduced bill.

Still nearly 600 quid, but I'll get at least 20k out of the rears, and 60k out of the fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom