SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
A week ago I requested a RMA for my monitor and they said they'd send a replacement out within two days.

As I say, a week later I get an email saying itll probably take about 4 weeks for them to get a replacement monitor.

I know for a fact that when I get the new one it'll be a repaired RMA one and it'll fuck up.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Google Hangout messages that start "I've just sent you an email"

Oh have you aye? Is that by any chance why my phone has pinged twice rather than once?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I usually just say, not seen it, what time did you send it?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Google Hangout messages that start "I've just sent you an email"

Oh have you aye? Is that by any chance why my phone has pinged twice rather than once?
No more TV dance avatar? :cry:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
No more TV dance avatar? :cry:

Yes, thought it was time to retire the old animated avatar that hasn't animated in about 8 years. Plus I'm sure I can change it back when I get bored....can't I? CAN'T I?

Don't worry however, I've still got a nonsensical signature based on an old South Park episode, and my location in my profile still bears no resemblance to where I actually live, so I haven't completely lost the plot :)

edit// ahhh I've checked, tvdance.com is still there, looking like it was designed in Geocities and it has the Big Lebowski page. Panic over :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is anyone else finding the Joss Whedon witchhunt to be really fucking tedious? It all seems to boil down to "he was mean to me, wahhh" followed by "I stand with you" tweets from fellow actors who still managed to work with the man across multiple seasons and multiple shows. He can't have been that fucking bad because most of them came back for more.

Standing up against actual abuse and actual illegal stuff is right and proper but this just feels like horseshit to me. If he's a cunt, don' t work with him.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Is anyone else finding the Joss Whedon witchhunt to be really fucking tedious? It all seems to boil down to "he was mean to me, wahhh" followed by "I stand with you" tweets from fellow actors who still managed to work with the man across multiple seasons and multiple shows. He can't have been that fucking bad because most of them came back for more.

Standing up against actual abuse and actual illegal stuff is right and proper but this just feels like horseshit to me. If he's a cunt, don' t work with him.
The article I read recently implied bullying only and that he was a bit of a twat to work with.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Recruitment is going through the roof atm, it's very strange...maybe it's because people aren't so willing to move jobs atm, so there are fewer candidates.

Gwadien

It's probably got to do more with recruitment agencies struggling so they're just trying to get as many interested people as possible on their books.

In teaching it's especially bad, they love to post fake job ads just to get people to sign up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well the wife is being shown round a school on Monday for a position she has applied for.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I will be moving on soon I think, been at my place for 14 years now doing various things.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

I think in his particular case it's more to do with the fact he was always talking about how he was a feminist and loved women because of his mother but it turns out he was a bit of a cunt towards most of the actresses he dealt with especially those he built his career on. Sure many directors had treated actors badly all for the sake of their "art" but they tend not to be hypocritical about it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think in his particular case it's more to do with the fact he was always talking about how he was a feminist and loved women because of his mother but it turns out he was a bit of a cunt towards most of the actresses he dealt with especially those he built his career on. Sure many directors had treated actors badly all for the sake of their "art" but they tend not to be hypocritical about it.

Yeah, the problem I'm finding is that it seems to hypocrisy all round. People moaning about their awful boss from the comfort of their solid gold house that they got for working for him for 7-8 years apiece,

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Recruitment is going through the roof atm, it's very strange...maybe it's because people aren't so willing to move jobs atm, so there are fewer candidates.
Fuck it. Applied for one. My offer here is going to be shit. 3 and a half years is enough for a contract tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, the problem I'm finding is that it seems to hypocrisy all round. People moaning about their awful boss from the comfort of their solid gold house that they got for working for him for 7-8 years apiece,
But now if any female makes any accusation against a male it seems public opinion is the male is a shite and should never work again.

Gwadien

But now if any female makes any accusation against a male it seems public opinion is the male is a shite and should never work again.

I think you've mistaken public opinion for opinions of the press/twitter.

Private companies are usually the quickest to respond to things like this; they'll get rid before public opinion has a chance to come together.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom