SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The overwhelming amount of perfume and aftershave adverts which all look the same.
Not seen a single ad so far this xmas :)

Ofc, that'll change the second I get to either of our respective families. It's horribly jarring to walk into a home environment where company promotions are a part of daily life :eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Ofc, that'll change the second I get to either of our respective families. It's horribly jarring to walk into a home environment where company promotions are a part of daily life :eek:

Same here. I don't watch regular TV very much and if I do it's BBC channels.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

I tried watching something on normal tv last week but gave up after ad breaks every 15 minutes, how on earth did we used to put up with this shitty service?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Once the bbc has gone in the uk that is what everyone who can’t afford streaming will have to put up with....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Same here. I don't watch regular TV very much and if I do it's BBC channels.
They're just as bad now, both iPlayer and Amazon with their stupid trailers at the start of every show. I'm pretty sure that's near peak shit UI design. Can you imagine the meeting where they thought up "oh, we've had a brilliant idea, as soon as someone picks exactly what they want to see from our on demand service, we'll start off by suggesting they should watch something else instead"

:wanker:

Yoni

I don’t use either much so
not affected by adverts yet - we have not watched tele for many years - only at my mums

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They're just as bad now, both iPlayer and Amazon with their stupid trailers at the start of every show. I'm pretty sure that's near peak shit UI design. Can you imagine the meeting where they thought up "oh, we've had a brilliant idea, as soon as someone picks exactly what they want to see from our on demand service, we'll start off by suggesting they should watch something else instead"

:wanker:

I complained to Amazon about that and they pretty much said tough shit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I complained to Amazon about that and they pretty much said tough shit.

I mean, you pay for cable TV and you still get adverts.

Why would Amazon/Netflix etc be any different?

Tbh, I'm just a bit more surprised they're not using 3rd party adverts.

Yoni

I get no adverts from Netflix, HBO or Prime Video

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I mean, you pay for cable TV and you still get adverts.

Why would Amazon/Netflix etc be any different?

Tbh, I'm just a bit more surprised they're not using 3rd party adverts.
In your neck of the woods atm. Went to Thurmaston today.

and cable tv doesnt make any channels any more anyway ;)

Gwadien

In your neck of the woods atm. Went to Thurmaston today.

and cable tv doesnt make any channels any more anyway ;)

Thurmaston is literally 5 minutes away from my house.

Shopping or housing estate?

Gwadien

Went to the big sainsburys. Im in barrow upon soar about 10 miles or so away
Ah, that's further into town.

Fun fact; the site of that Sainsbury's used to be a lighting factory, but during WW2 it was a dud factory build and lit up like christmas as a target for German bombers :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah GE. Went past the sheeple queueing to get to the next and stuff just before there.

huge queue sitting in cars to buy presents. Musthave driven through most of thurmaston from the a46

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm on Amazon Prime
Get no adverts and you can skip any trailers and even the opening titles and go straight to the start of the show.

I've not managed to watch more than 10 minutes of anything on Prime Video without getting bored {apart from the odd Grand Tour special (but even here, the boys are just too old and fat to pull off Top Gear and still be original), and the Jack Ryan thing (which is a bit more interesting than watching paint dry)} .

Happy Christmas
Hopefully I'll be able to get back into my 32" jeans in a couple of weeks :cry:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We had a parteh at the house and I was amazed to see that all the men from every background and age up to late 50s hardly watched mainstream tv anymore...they were all youtube addicts like me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm on Amazon Prime
Get no adverts and you can skip any trailers and even the opening titles and go straight to the start of the show.

I've not managed to watch more than 10 minutes of anything on Prime Video without getting bored {apart from the odd Grand Tour special (but even here, the boys are just too old and fat to pull off Top Gear and still be original), and the Jack Ryan thing (which is a bit more interesting than watching paint dry)} .

Happy Christmas

The Expanse? The Boys? Man In The High Castle? There have been some very good Prime shows.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm on Amazon Prime

Happy Christmas
Bosch is good and sneaky pete on prime

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why is this a bad thing? If it's true* then it would be a massive leap in the right direction.

*probs won't be.
I agree. Its like the tobacco giants. These companys need to reinvent themselves for the new post oil era. Or they will disappear. Getting them to invest in green and renewables keeps them in the energy supply chain and people in jobs but benefits the world by having their current oil money being used to solve the problems its caused.

but like. @Gwadien said. If its really true.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's why I said greenwashing.

It's an oil company and a lie. It's an announcement to give them a desparately needed veneer of environmental respectability. A tactic these companies have been using since the 70's. Hence the invention of the term in the 80's.

The very nature of their business is oil. They may invest in green technologies but they need to *stop* their oil business - which they have zero intention of doing. (Or how would they even greenwash invest?)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's why I said greenwashing.

It's an oil company and a lie. It's an announcement to give them a desparately needed veneer of environmental respectability. A tactic these companies have been using since the 70's. Hence the invention of the term in the 80's.

The very nature of their business is oil. They may invest in green technologies but they need to *stop* their oil business - which they have zero intention of doing. (Or how would they even greenwash invest?)
Well you taper your oil and bring up the green. You dont have to suddenly stop oil. The world would grind to a halt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom