SPAM random annoying things

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not having a PS/2 keyboard and being unable to access BIOS with my USB one so I can go in and tell it to recognise my USB keyboard on boot.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When you leave your PC on overnight downloading something large and you come down in the morning to find it at the log in screen. Then when logging in you get a message saying "Windows installed updates and restarted about 10 minutes after you went to bed olololol"

Fucking stupid thing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, that's infuriating. It's possible to get it so it only automatically restarts VERY occasionally (for massively important updates) but I've never been able to stop it auto-rebooting altogether.

One solution (for me) was to use JDownloader. You can set it up as a service to start on boot, so it will start doing it's thing even if the computer reboots and you aren't logged in.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I bloody hate it moving past June 21. Almost half past seven, and have to stick the lights on. Couple of months back, 9:45 pm it was still light.

I fecking hate Windows updates. I'm sure most of them you don't bloody need. Turned mine off. I don't use IE. Why do I need to download a patch for IE6 ?!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it is gonna be dark here in the next 20-30 mins, fucking annoying.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Why do I need to download a patch for IE6 ?!

Because you'll open a Word document that'll contain an embedded Excel spreadsheet that'll open an automatic help popup that'll start an IE6 ActiveX component to a website in Russia, hacked by some 12yr old kid in Romania who will then steal your credit card details to buy sherbet.

Just sayin'

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
When you leave your PC on overnight downloading something large and you come down in the morning to find it at the log in screen. Then when logging in you get a message saying "Windows installed updates and restarted about 10 minutes after you went to bed olololol"

Fucking stupid thing.

Especially when you have left the volume up too high on your speakers and the start up tone wakes you up at 3.00am and you wonder what the fuck it was

Also uTorrent restarting on reboot, but peerblock not, fuckers

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Engineers who set up corporate Linux images to be SO RIGID AND UNCHANGEABLE that you're basically fucked if you do something unprecedented like getting new systems for your own infrastructure. Then, when you ask the engi dept to change the image so your new hardware will actually work, they're "busy" and will do sweet fuck all unless you force them to.

Example: a system *must* have EMC SAN disks or the image *will not work* -or- a system *must* have *only one* internal disk, or the image *will not install* -or- a system *must* use DHCP, or the image *will not install*. Jesus wept :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Example: a system *must* have EMC SAN disks or the image *will not work* -or- a system *must* have *only one* internal disk, or the image *will not install* -or- a system *must* use DHCP, or the image *will not install*. Jesus wept :(

I hear ya. Uber-Standardisation. The production-lining of IT so you only need a few good staff and a shitload of monkeys, instead of a lot of good staff and a few monkeys.

It's why I've jacked in the technical side. There's just no joy in it any more.

TdC

tbh I am not even *in* infra any more man, I'm cloud (hence my title). the reason I am messing with this shit is *because* there are no good people about, only the fucking monkeys.

if the vision actually worked, I would be home at 5pm every frigging day. instead I made myself stop at 23.00. so much for the production line.

sayward

Resident Freddy
David Beckham! Am I the only female in the world who doesn't lust alter him?

Lakih

Resident Freddy
David Beckham! Am I the only female in the world who doesn't lust alter him?
Yes
If i ever woke up beeing a woman and only dreamt my current existence he would be on my todo-list.
He looks abit slimey but the things he can do with balls...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
This has probably been mentioned before but... when you buy a DVD perfectly legit 100% authentic and then you cant skip the "YOU WOULDNT STEAL A HANDBAG!" or "jims friend thinks hes great, dave is losing all his friends" crappy piracy adverts, if i have actually paid for it then clearly i am not the intended audience

i understand having them in cinemas for example, or even on rentals but for fuck sake the whole point of DVD is that you dont have to fast forward through the damn adverts you can just click "top menu" and skip all that shit

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Or the bullshit adverts they sometimes have for some random shit film that you have no intention of watching.

Not as annoying as when they install root kits on your PC when you buy legit software/CDs like Sony/Ubisoft do!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Having a daughter, who you would pay, to iron your shirts only to be told by her she cannot fucking iron. Fucksake.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and seeing as I am on a roll, paying to take a piss in a train station, what the fuck?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can iron, send me them my way.

and I'd do them for free, for my dear daddy deebs.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Writing a massively complicated batch file to rip episodes of a tv series from a set of bluray discs archived on my hard drive using eac3to, then merging each video and audio track back to an mkv with mkvmerge, then running said mkv files through handbrake... and then realising I could've just used handbrake to access the titles on the disc directly, neatly removing steps one and two. :(

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Having a daughter, who you would pay, to iron your shirts only to be told by her she cannot fucking iron. Fucksake.

So are you assuming that because she is female, then she should be able to iron?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Putting a ticket on the Euromillions, waking up at 8am the next morning and check email, see an email at 6am:

"Exciting news about your lottery ticket!"

*leap out of bed and run to PC to check*

"They emailed early! Must be big!"

£2.90

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Putting a ticket on the Euromillions, waking up at 8am the next morning and check email, see an email at 6am:

"Exciting news about your lottery ticket!"

*leap out of bed and run to PC to check*

"They emailed early! Must be big!"

£2.90

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

6 times this year, largest prize was 8.60 and I couldn't enjoy it after the fucking email. :p

TdC

you can't iron to save your life tbh. she must have it from you :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom