SPAM random annoying things

eksdee

FH is my second home
After every issue of one of the magazines I work on goes to press I upload the files to DropBox as backup. Every single time that I copy the files over the operation breaks at some point with the error message that some of the files are unavailable. I don't change anything, just copy again and it works. WHY?! Makes no sense at all.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
It's not people from other floors in your office. It's us.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
After every issue of one of the magazines I work on goes to press I upload the files to DropBox as backup. Every single time that I copy the files over the operation breaks at some point with the error message that some of the files are unavailable. I don't change anything, just copy again and it works. WHY?! Makes no sense at all.
may be a timing issue. make 100% sure you're not using the files, having them open or another program/person is looking at them. if your dropbox location is a shared disk that may also cause problems.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not being able to understand why an act of observation changes quantum behaviour. Is wave function collapse due to the existence of other dimensions or universes?

1805586zk8m249tei.gif

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Low level eye lasers ofcourse. We just can't turn them up to superman levels yet.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Advertisements on websites that slow or crash your internet browser. Fuckers.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Eating too much for breakfast. Now I feel like a fat panda. :cry:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Not being able to understand why an act of observation changes quantum behaviour. Is wave function collapse due to the existence of other dimensions or universes?

1805586zk8m249tei.gif

Think of it like this, completely wrong btw but it gives you an idea :)

To "look" at sometime at the quantum level you are just seeing photons bounce off the object into your eye. At our everyday scale it's like throwing tennis balls at a huge brick wall and catching it. The bounce of the ball is completely predictable given the balls starting angle and speed and the wall doesn't move so you can with 100% accuracy work out the shape and location of the wall just by catching the balls.

At the quantum scale it's like throwing the tennis balls at other tennis balls, they will all bounce off in random directions. The act of measuring has affected the observed object so you can no longer be certain which direction or how fast its moving. You can only take an educated guess (probability).

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You referring to the Copenhagen interpretation?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm referring to the "try and explain it to your mates over several pints of beer down the pub" interpretation.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wouldn't that be;

"Sh*t moves, you look at it, it moves differently."
"Why?"
"F*ck if i know...women?"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm referring to the "try and explain it to your mates over several pints of beer down the pub" interpretation.

Good explanation that :)

You want to measure the speed and direction of Tennis Ball A

To do this, you have to throw Tennis Ball B at it - and then measure how tennis ball B rebounds to work out what A was doing.

Unfortunately, the action of Tennis Ball B hitting Tennis Ball A also moves Tennis Ball A off it's current trajectory.

So, by measuring A, you've changed it...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Pump splash-back

Was filling up the car with diesel about 20 mins ago, and a quantity of it shot out of the tank. Thank goodness I was standing to one side otherwise would have got drenched in the stuff.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ppl who refuse to tear the foil top off a tube of Pringles. Why?

They're not going to go stale. You eat them in 10 minutes anyway. And anyway there's a plastic lid for ppl with will-power.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ppl who refuse to tear the foil top off a tube of Pringles. Why?

They're not going to go stale. You eat them in 10 minutes anyway. And anyway there's a plastic lid for ppl with will-power.
How do you eat them without taking the foil off? :S

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You peel it back three-quarters of the way and wiggle your hand inside the tube.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dead wood.

Buck your ideas up or get the fuck out.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
People who put .... at the end of every sentence.

Thats not fucking punctuation it's just being a retard.

Does it imply some hidden meaning ? No so stop fucking doing it grrrrr.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I actually can't read that shit. As soon as I see a post littered with "..." in place of any kind of punctuation I stop reading.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
... is a handy device when used properly in a paragraph but yes it is all too often overused and misused, have been guilty of it myself.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Like i was buying something from a friend and asked

"Hi XXX is that part still for sale ?"

To which i get the reply

"Yea...."

Like wtf ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like i was buying something from a friend and asked

"Hi XXX is that part still for sale ?"

To which i get the reply

"Yea...."

Like wtf ?

Well in that case it meant "So? And? You want it or what?", or simply means he thinks you're a moron for not knowing if it's on sale or not :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im a moron for not being psychic ?, from my view it looks like he can't be bothered to reply properly tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom