SPAM random annoying things

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If you read his comments..asda guy..he says he was expecting a final warning, which gives you an idea hes all ready been in trouble, no idea what for.
If Asda has sacked him as a last straw move, its good to see that the misconduct in question is highly contentious and has blown up in their faces, a quick autopsy reveals certain players are quickly passing percieved offence to sure hits..i.e. minority senior management.
A stitch up, 'look what billybobs posted, lets send it to SJW HQ and get him sacked.
It doesnt matter that its a comics routine..a mainstream..DVds on the shelves of Asda mainstream, just the very mention of Islam in anything but a positive light starts an unstoppable process to termination of employment and another nail in the coffin of race relations.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm surprised you don't walk around with a board around your neck shouting "the end is nigh!!"
Or maybe you do....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My dear boy. You don't really think I ever watch youtube do you? Or follow social media of any kind?

The only presence I have on the internet, other than watching mountain bike videos of places I wish to ride, doing my taxes and playing games is here on Freddyshouse.

So how do I come to the conclusion that freedom of speech has come under clear and sustained threat, without being co-opted by the alt-right?

Simple. I remember my past clearly, what the world was like - especially before the internet - and what happened to people who expressed non-mainstream views. And since the arrival of the internet and the popularisation of social media there's been a clear and obvious move away from the enlightenment values of "I detest what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it".

People are losing their jobs, hiding what they really think, getting arrested and imprisoned for making jokes, or for simply being odious and objectionable, being hounded out of political office because of trial by association.

At no point in my life have I ever felt less 'free' - and I've always understood that the British have never had true freedom of speech.

But what is acceptable to express is obviously narrowing by the minute. - and to be clear - I don't condone racism or bigotry, so don't fall foul of the large push of new restrictive legislation or non-legally-codified corporate oversight of social acceptability.

But the fact that people - especially the young, because they're the proverbial canaries that can't see the cage they've grown up in - accept the fact that a tribunal exists for a guy who posts Billy Connolly videos, never mind "await the outcome" makes me sick to my stomach. Because it's indicative of a cowed society, under the thumb of the oppressive, unthinking, mob majority. Unwilling to accept dissent - *real* dissent - on any subject other than the trivial and inconsequential.

You live in a bubble of bullshit and your thin skin is a product of the free(er)-speech we once had. Progress has halted and been replaced by a brutal system of social and legal coercion which forces people to conform to a proscribed worldview, that ostracises those who don't because they're now such a minority and the views they express are now so uncommon that the masses aren't used to hearing them. We now therefore absurdly legislate against offence.

We now live in a cultural straightjacket and it's policed by the majority of "outraged" society like they're members of a cultural hitler youth - with real-world consequences.

All that above is what I think based on observations in my own life, not youtube videos or political blogs. I think about those things because I've lived long enough to experience those changes - so the opinion is my own.

This except its a lot with the minority having a greater voice through social media and being vocal that makes these big orgs make changes / fire people when most of the 60million uk residents dont give a damn.

In addition to the im not offended. But i am saying that someone could be offended thing that gets people sacked too.

All those initial complaints from 10 people that get to hundreds or thousands after two weeks and most havent even seen the original thing.

And billy is a national hero. All his stuff should be reposted often because he is great.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
This except its a lot with the minority having a greater voice through social media and being vocal that makes these big orgs make changes / fire people when most of the 60million uk residents dont give a damn.

In addition to the im not offended. But i am saying that someone could be offended thing that gets people sacked too.

All those initial complaints from 10 people that get to hundreds or thousands after two weeks and most havent even seen the original thing.

And billy is a national hero. All his stuff should be reposted often because he is great.
@Moriath is cancelled, he likes Billy Connolly.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Man I hate weekend work with a passion. We are only 2 hours and 20 minutes into a 6 hour session and we're already 2 hours behind.

Job

RBS is down.
The entire website..banking..card machines..the lot.

Great innit..no actual high street banks...this is the future.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It said it when I posted it as well, @Job was either exaggerating or getting it wrong.

Instagram, Facebook and Whatsapp are all down or limping right now though... Facebook really need to sort out their systems, it must be the third time this year that there have been significant disruptions.

Job

Yea it came back up.

I couldnt use my card and couldnt access the rbs site..nor could the guy in the petrol station.
I tried the ATM and it told me to try later...never seen that before.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yea it came back up.

I couldnt use my card and couldnt access the rbs site..nor could the guy in the petrol station.
I tried the ATM and it told me to try later...never seen that before.

I know someone who doesn't use any type of card, and if they want any money they have to go to the local bank to get money etc.

1/365 it goes down for a couple of hours.

Banks are shut every weekend and from 6 onwards.

I know what I prefer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So 007 is now a woman! I get that we need more female leads but why do they insist on taking over a role rather than create new ones.

I was hoping Idris would get the nod but obviously not woke enough :(

Edit - read another new feed says its 007 and will be introduced in the next film.

Gwadien

So James Bond is now a woman! I get that we need more female leads but why do they insist on taking over a role rather than create new ones.

I was hoping Idris would get the nod but obviously not woke enough :(

*sigh*

James Bond is retired in the new film, and has been replaced as 007 by a woman.

I feel like they've made this choice to bait people out just like this.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
*sigh*

James Bond is retired in the new film, and has been replaced as 007 by a woman.

I feel like they've made this choice to bait people out just like this.
Yeah just read that on the Guardian site. Twatter feed in google was horse shit

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Even talking about it is a load of wank.

But then fleming is long dead and it's now just a moneymaking franchise - so if they want to make money, they must do what they must.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Gets people talking, puts a few bums on seats. I did the sums by the way; chances of a black woman as an 00 agent? At any one time in the British armed forces there are likely to be 8 black women (out of nearly 30,000 officers) across all officer roles. In a front-line role involving guns and shit...less than one...

An Asian man would at least have started to make sense, but American audiences pretty much regard Asians as white anyway.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Even talking about it is a load of wank.

But then fleming is long dead and it's now just a moneymaking franchise - so if they want to make money, they must do what they must.
I think an ageing Bond having to cope with new blood would be the kind of thing Fleming would like tbh. Although he wouldn't have expected it to be a woman but 2019 and all that.

Gwadien

Jesus Christ.

Hawkwind was annoyed that they were making James Bond female, they're not, it's a different character.

Now it's all the old 'black woman for PR purposes'

Can't these people just get a job because maybe that's what was decided for the character?

Must be hard not to be a white middle class male actor, every role you get is because you're token.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think an ageing Bond having to cope with new blood would be the kind of thing Fleming would like tbh. Although he wouldn't have expected it to be a woman but 2019 and all that.
With the amount of fighting bond has to do, if they end up buffy-ing it up it'll be a yawnfest tbh.

Joss Wheedon fantasies aside, two equally skilled people going at it hammer and tongs your money is on the one with higher bone density and better wattage-output per kilo of muscle.

But then, it's all make-believe so it doesn't really matter does it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Now it's all the old 'black woman for PR purposes'

Can't these people just get a job because maybe that's what was decided for the character?
Meh. Like I said it's all make-believe.

But frankly, the fact that it's been decided for the character because she's a black woman is racist (and sexist). Just as racist as if the decision was based the other way round on race and sex.

"Fixing" historical racism (clue: you can't - you can only fix the present) will not be achieved by being just as racist, just in the opposite direction.

Racism is not a fucking see-saw.

Gwadien

That's what I'm saying though - who's got evidence to suggest they picked her as the role BECAUSE she was black and female?

You're all jumping to conclusions.

DaGaffer

That's what I'm saying though - who's got evidence to suggest they picked her as the role BECAUSE she was black and female?

You're all jumping to conclusions.

Seriously? Don't be so fucking naive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And you're being naive.
No. He's being disingenuous.

He knows it's "James Bond - 007" - that the term is synonymous, one and the same.

He's deliberately ignoring the fact that they've given the 00 number to a black woman like it "means nothing".

Now, it's make-believe, so it does actually mean nothing. But in terms of the Bond movies it's a big deal. And pretending it isn't, just to make your point, is no way to have an adult conversation about things.

If he'd just gone "yes, I like the fact they've made a big step and given the 007 moniker to a black woman, because I think it helps right historical wrongs" I'd have more respect. I'd still disagree, because racism is racism. But I'd at least respect the position.

DaGaffer

No. He's being disingenuous.

He knows it's "James Bond - 007" - that the term is synonymous, one and the same.

He's deliberately ignoring the fact that they've given the 00 number to a black woman like it "means nothing".

Now, it's make-believe, so it does actually mean nothing. But in terms of the Bond movies it's a big deal. And pretending it isn't, just to make your point, is no way to have an adult conversation about things.

If he'd just gone "yes, I like the fact they've made a big step and given the 007 moniker to a black woman, because I think it helps right historical wrongs" I'd have more respect. I'd still disagree, because racism is racism. But I'd at least respect the position.

It's not going to "right any historical wrongs" because there's no fucking way they won't go back to "James Bond 007" by the end of the movie anyway, because that's the trademark.

It's a marketing exercise particularly aimed at the US market. Like I said earlier, if you were really going to do something controversial with 007 you'd make him an Asian man, and ideally a Muslim, but American audiences would run screaming for the hills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom