SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This looking back at the past with rose tinted glasses is getting bad.

I saw a post by a black kid the other day saying how amazing it would be to live in 1940s America.

I mean.

what.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Might be better than now. Lets face it, the brutslisation and criminalisation of black Americans has been systemetised.

At least in the 1940's kids could get up to shit and probably wouldn't get caught :)

Gwadien

Might be better than now. Lets face it, the brutslisation and criminalisation of black Americans has been systemetised.

At least in the 1940's kids could get up to shit and probably wouldn't get caught :)

That's a fucking stupid thing to say.

I'm not talking about inner city gangster kids, I'm talking about middle class black kids.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I'm not talking about inner city gangster kids, I'm talking about middle class black kids.
Not even slightly clear from your post.

I'd counter with it must be a fucking stupid post if you expect people to magically understand what you're talking about without explaining yourself...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Black people still often get killed by cops for random reasons but you can't be serious that it's not better than when segregation was lawful and everywhere and lynch mobs were still commonplace rather than just the wet dreams of Trump voters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Black people still often get killed by cops for random reasons but you can't be serious that it's not better than when segregation was lawful and everywhere and lynch mobs were still commonplace rather than just the wet dreams of Trump voters.
I wasn't being very serious, no.

I didn't think it was a particularly serious subject. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think in many ways it could be a fair point if we were talking about poor black kids. Their experience today in the states is violent po-po, death and poverty.

Not saying they'd be right, but the comment would be understandable.

Still - if you want to talk about middle class kids only: be explicit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

How would anyone know that from your post?

It's actually an interesting question; in the 1940s lynchings were still going on in the South, but the great industrial expansion of WW2 let millions of blacks move away from systematic oppression in the South to much better lives in the North and West. It was probably a pretty optimistic time if you were black (and weren't still in the South).There was still blatant racism, but a lot a modern day African-Americans would say that's still true now just expressed in different ways.

NB. I don't necessarily agree with the idea that the 40s were better (the 80s and early 90s was probably the high water mark for most Americans, irrespective of colour) but it's not as clear cut as you claim.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh really...thats totally not a full makeover of his presidency..the orange man bad fever is so acute the libs are bigging up Bush Junior as some bumbling friendly uncle president.

Gwadien

Oh really...thats totally not a full makeover of his presidency..the orange man bad fever is so acute the libs are bigging up Bush Junior as some bumbling friendly uncle president.

That's because compared to Trump, Bush Junior is a bumbling friendly uncle president.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
How dare we saddle developing nations with some cheap, reliable power so they can stop burning dung and other plant matter?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How dare we saddle developing nations with some cheap, reliable power so they can stop burning dung and other plant matter?

Because it shows a profound lack of joined-up thinking? You'd be better off spending the money to make sure the hydrocarbons stay in the ground. The reality this is the usual British way of exporting a problem, like the way UKGov bans smoking then lobbies for British tobacco abroad; I guarantee you this "overseas development" is a lobby front for British energy companies and not about poor people burning dung.

Bodhi

Because it shows a profound lack of joined-up thinking? You'd be better off spending the money to make sure the hydrocarbons stay in the ground. The reality this is the usual British way of exporting a problem, like the way UKGov bans smoking then lobbies for British tobacco abroad; I guarantee you this "overseas development" is a lobby front for British energy companies and not about poor people burning dung.

Personally, I think leaving the cheap and reliable energy source that has given rise to most of human civilisation, and some the fastest increases in living standards in history in the ground is far from joined up. In fact given we don't have a suitable replacement yet (apart from possibly uranium) I'd call it utterly barking.

Also probably a bit harsh asking your average person in the developing world to pay the sky-high electricity prices renewable technologies produce, especially when many in the developed world struggle to pay them in the first place.

Gwadien

Personally, I think leaving the cheap and reliable energy source that has given rise to most of human civilisation, and some the fastest increases in living standards in history in the ground is far from joined up. In fact given we don't have a suitable replacement yet (apart from possibly uranium) I'd call it utterly barking.

Also probably a bit harsh asking your average person in the developing world to pay the sky-high electricity prices renewable technologies produce, especially when many in the developed world struggle to pay them in the first place.

Depends on your view on climate change, you've made it clear you think it's bollocks.

However, I don't think you can allow Africa to become China/India 2.0, the planet won't be able to handle it.

However, if we allowed Iceland to use geothermal energy to power the whole of europe, we could build some power cables over the med for free electricity.

But £. :(

Bodhi

Depends on your view on climate change, you've made it clear you think it's bollocks.

However, I don't think you can allow Africa to become China/India 2.0, the planet won't be able to handle it.

However, if we allowed Iceland to use geothermal energy to power the whole of europe, we could build some power cables over the med for free electricity.

But £. :(

Not £. Physics. The transmission losses on cables that long would be biblical, and make the entire exercise fairly futile.

And no, I don;t think it's bollocks, the Climate has changed since the beginning of time. However all the evidence points to a miniscule human fingerprint in it all, and certainly nothing that will bring about the end of civilisation. Even the IPCC don't claim that to be the case. It's also a little hubristic to think we can do anything about it, but I guess non-religious folk need something to believe in too :)

Still good to see keeping Africa in poverty will help assuage Western Guilt about ManBearPig. I'm sure those choking on dung and struggling for clean water will understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom