SPAM random annoying things

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Raw celery.
I don't not like it...really...but...

You feel like a cow chewing on it for ages. Your mouth full of unpalatable stringy stuff that only things with four or more legs should be eating.

You don't get that with bacon & sausages.

2539143.main_image.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking rocket league censoring names. Who made them arbiter of what's offensive or not.

I play as El Gringo. Have done since I owned a steam account. Rocket League doesn't like the term Gringo. So now I'm El ******.

For the record, I'm white, so even if I accepted that Gringo was racist (I don't (it can be, but certainly not automatically)) the fact that I'm white means I'd be owning it.

The cunts :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fucking rocket league censoring names. Who made them arbiter of what's offensive or not.

I play as El Gringo. Have done since I owned a steam account. Rocket League doesn't like the term Gringo. So now I'm El ******.

For the record, I'm white, so even if I accepted that Gringo was racist (I don't (it can be, but certainly not automatically)) the fact that I'm white means I'd be owning it.

You feeling the proximity to the bacon above you?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Pretty much every online game does it, the name conventions just got more progressive. Agree some of is ridiculous.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Companies newly appointed Cultural & Diversity officer is coming to UAE next week. Gonna be fun telling her that most of what she wants to implement is illegal under Sharia Law (law of the land). HR lady was having a meltdown reading what she has planned next week. Seems the Cultural & Diversity Officer has not been clued up on Muslim/Arab culture :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Companies newly appointed Cultural & Diversity officer is coming to UAE next week. Gonna be fun telling her that most of what she wants to implement is illegal under Sharia Law (law of the land). HR lady was having a meltdown reading what she has planned next week. Seems the Cultural & Diversity Officer has not been clued up on Muslim/Arab culture :)

That's because it's the wrong sort of diversity ;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Hah, I look forward to reading about that.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We're away on holiday and wife had her bag stolen. Insurance will cover most is it surely, but I'm still very annoyed.

First of all that someone would steal a handbag out of a babystroller. And second of all that my missus don't take better care of her stuff. Countless times I've told her to zip her bag, so that someone doesn't steal her phone or wallet, when she is carrying her bag on her back. This time they took the lot. I bought her the bag for her birthday this April and it cost me a leg, an arm and half my liver.

She smashes her phone, her bike is a mess, she can't find her hairbrush whenever she gets out of the shower and so on. In my mind everything has a place, from my keys to my wrench. I know exactly where everything is. I swear some day she will walk out the front door haven forgotten to put her head on that morning

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When your missus is like that, and you know it @CorNokZ, the fact that you spent stupid money on a handbag means more fool you.

But I do sympathise ;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Wanted to back up some stuff to my laptop, which I use once every 6 months or so, unless traveling. Seems that it has decided to automatically install every windows update available without asking me. Can't even turn it off, just want to backup my photos and go to bed :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wanted to back up some stuff to my laptop, which I use once every 6 months or so, unless traveling. Seems that it has decided to automatically install every windows update available without asking me. Can't even turn it off, just want to backup my photos and go to bed :(
Ms did a big update a few months ago. My mum got hit by it the other day too. Its a pain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Leave it running overnight. It's not a big deal unless you're the type of person who worries about electricity "leaking" from left-on plug sockets.

Then kick off your backup in the morning :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Leave it running overnight. It's not a big deal unless you're the type of person who worries about electricity "leaking" from left-on plug sockets.

Then kick off your backup in the morning :)

It waa 34 degrees here yeaterday, not a good temperature to be leaving electronics turned on unsupervised! It finished eventually. Must remember to fire it up more regularly. First time I used it since I got Win10 at work, don't hate it as much as used to. Maybe it will get more use now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup. Well, I can't speak for "most people on here" but I do. All of them.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Makes sense if you have servers or some such - i don’t so, usually try to remember tonturn it off over night

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Nah, electricity in NYC is expensive, plus, it's a major fire hazard during the summer.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Turning your PC off and on constantly is massively inefficient anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course it is, if you do it constantly. It's also pointless and weird.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nope. Buti have my nas drive on 24/7 so there is no need to have a pc on to serve anything.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The mining rigs aside (which have to be on 24/7 for obvious -- but quickly diminishing -- reasons), keeping the various PCs on (for me) is all about them responding to requests and *doing things* rather than having them available at short notice.

The PC with the beefy CPU in it runs Golem, the Ubuntu server downloads stuff, runs my DNS server etc, the Pi runs Android because I have a need to run something on an ARM CPU and the Pi + Emteria OS is a great way of doing that (I always think phones and tablets are kinda flakey for anything that you actually need to depend on when you don't have it in your hand), etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom