SPAM random annoying things

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That's just fucking weird.

Getting engaged to someone you met on Tinder ;)

But seriously. Weird. And that must suck.

It's clearly making him (or his missus) question their own life choices if it's making them feel uncomfortable. I just don't see what you could possibly get worked up about.

Does he live in the sticks? Sounds to me like tinder's pretty much the default way to date if you live in a city nowadays...

I think it’s a combination of tinder and that we got engaged quite quickly. Not that it needs justified, but having spent 10 years with someone and only ever felt ‘meh’ about marriage, I had a solid frame of reference going into this relationship. We’re both in our 30s and want to start a family in the next 2-3 years, throw in the lead time for wedding venues and it was more sooner than later. Dating in your 30s is very different than when you’re 21 when you literally have time to kill with someone, particulary when the women is 30+ and interested in having a family.

Regarding him, his missus has low self esteem, insecure and neurotic with it. She took an instant dislike to my girlfriend because a) she’s very, very attractive and b) she hugged her husband when they first met (the look of horror on her face). I also get the feeling that the ease in which I met someone so gorgeous on tinder may have set the women of my mates on edge about their own relationships, like somehow their husbands would think “wow, I’m missing out!!”. Join the dots and you can see what’s driving this behaviour....

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I think I'm part of those statson the negative side ;). Yesterday whilst walking to get a paper and some shopping I was asked in Falmouth by some local council type if I worked locally. I replied that I did not work in UK and she basically ticked unemployed :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think I'm part of those statson the negative side ;). Yesterday whilst walking to get a paper and some shopping I was asked in Falmouth by some local council type if I worked locally. I replied that I did not work in UK and she basically ticked unemployed :)

Wait.

Is that how they seriously get these statistics?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oven repair businesses taking the piss on call out charges. First guy I phoned wanted £150 just to set foot in the house.

You can buy an entire dual oven for £300.

Oh, just remembered: must send a large cheque to that poor Nigerian prince.
Our dual oven was about 1200 quid. Call out would be a lot cheaper down here in cornwall too.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Women fucking *hate* each other.

I wish this wasn’t true, except that it’s true. I’m nearly 38 and in all my experience of life, women love to hate each other, but so sickly sweet to their faces. Bunch of Judas motherfuckers, always talking about whatever woman isn’t there.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I wish this wasn’t true, except that it’s true. I’m nearly 38 and in all my experience of life, women love to hate each other, but so sickly sweet to their faces. Bunch of Judas motherfuckers, always talking about whatever woman isn’t there.
Its funny how my mum talks about my brothers wife and to some extent my wife. Just doesnt get on with other women. They cant do anything the right way. Hehe

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wait.

Is that how they seriously get these statistics?
How local councils sometimes get stats, yes. Surveys etc. Governmemt level stats come from the Inland Rev and ministries.

Winston Churchil was spot on about statistics, "Lies, damned lies and statistics!"

Years ago I was stopped on the slipway of M3 (Dummer junction) and forced to take a survey. Police were there and spoke to me when I started arguing with the student age questioner. During that one they asked me where I was headed and I answered Heathrow. I was then aked which terminal to which I replied I'm not going to a terminal, I'm going to an office on the Western perimeter road. He then kept asking which terminal and that I must state a terminal. I replied that I'm not changing my honest answer just because of his shit survey. He then called a policeman over who stated I must give an answer. I told him what was going on and said I was not going to provide a dishonest answer just because their survey was crap and he agreed. Missed the question out and carried on. If memory serves they changes the Heathrow entry to Houndslow.
It was basically a forced survey with police on hand to make sure you did not drive off. I was actually warned not to.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How local councils sometimes get stats, yes. Surveys etc. Governmemt level stats come from the Inland Rev and ministries.

Winston Churchil was spot on about statistics, "Lies, damned lies and statistics!"

Years ago I was stopped on the slipway of M3 (Dummer junction) and forced to take a survey. Police were there and spoke to me when I started arguing with the student age questioner. During that one they asked me where I was headed and I answered Heathrow. I was then aked which terminal to which I replied I'm not going to a terminal, I'm going to an office on the Western perimeter road. He then kept asking which terminal and that I must state a terminal. I replied that I'm not changing my honest answer just because of his shit survey. He then called a policeman over who stated I must give an answer. I told him what was going on and said I was not going to provide a dishonest answer just because their survey was crap and he agreed. Missed the question out and carried on. If memory serves they changes the Heathrow entry to Houndslow.
It was basically a forced survey with police on hand to make sure you did not drive off. I was actually warned not to.

Why is every quote attributed to Winston Churchill these days? Mark Twain popularised “lies, damn lies and statistics” and even he admitted he’d heard it somewhere else.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Why is every quote attributed to Winston Churchill these days? Mark Twain popularised “lies, damn lies and statistics” and even he admitted he’d heard it somewhere else.
Churchil is famous for borrowing from lots of sources. I read it in a book on him years ago.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Getting a bit suspicuous..firstly theres practically no immigrants in Liverpool and secondly its now got great publicity as a 'victim' piece.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Getting a bit suspicuous..firstly theres practically no immigrants in Liverpool and secondly its now got great publicity as a 'victim' piece.
Yeah. It's obviously a conspiracy.

Of course it fits though - low levels of immigrants are associated with people being fucking scared of them and hating them.

Liverpool is by far the most racist place I've lived - because everyone's white...

Job

Unlike London..the great melting pot of culture, ..oh hang on, all the white peiple have fucked off to be together in the suburbs...the Indians..Jews..Africans ..muslims..Pakistanis all have their seperate turf and defend it.
Multicultarilism is a daytime fantasy.

Gwadien

Unlike London..the great melting pot of culture, ..oh hang on, all the white peiple have fucked off to be together in the suburbs...the Indians..Jews..Africans ..muslims..Pakistanis all have their seperate turf and defend it.
Multicultarilism is a daytime fantasy.

Are you a Boer?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Nah, he doesn't like the fact I got engaged to a girl I met through tinder (doesn't believe in it, thinks tinder is a disgrace) even though she's awesome and my friends & family love her. He, and his wife, are the only two people that have an issue.

Congrats man! Fuck him. Cunt

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Liverpool has played a big part in immigration, admittedly though that was mostly through traffic to the America's in the latter half of the 1700's

Job

Its basically entirely Irish and Welsh.
Thats why the accent is so weird.
You get the high pitched lorra..lorra from the Irish and the kkkkkcckkk from the Welsh.
Areet der la..you scoffin chickkkkkkkin.

Gwadien

I'd love to see a food lab, I bet they're the most sinister things ever.

'How can we add this quite obviously questionable chemical to save 0.001p per sale?'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah..they never mention that a lot of GM crop is actually modified to withstand stronger pesticides.
That's not part of the story?

The story is powerful weedkillers associated by the WHO with cancer are in all of our foods.

The fact that GM crops are bred to be resistant to the weedkillers is interesting, but nothing to do with the story. It just means that the weedkillers can be made stronger without killing the crop.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's not part of the story?

The story is powerful weedkillers associated by the WHO with cancer are in all of our foods.

The fact that GM crops are bred to be resistant to the weedkillers is interesting, but nothing to do with the story. It just means that the weedkillers can be made stronger without killing the crop.
Courts are no place for analysis of science. It's bollocks:

Glyphosate and cancer – revisited

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Courts are no place for analysis of science. It's bollocks:

Glyphosate and cancer – revisited

that guy said:
But I would like to take this opportunity to review the evidence of the association between glyphosate & cancer from a pesticide applicator’s perspective"
Clearly unbiased. Guy who makes a living out of inventing pesticides does his own meta-analysis of (what quality?) studies that "he can find" and writes opinion piece that says "I don't think there's anything wrong". Well duh.

I'll stick with the WHO's analysis myself - that it's a "probable carcinogen".

But regardless - even if the WHO themselves say glyphospate is "unlikely" to cause cancer at levels found in the diet - the precautionary principle should still apply.

Given the advantages of smaller scale non-monoculture farming (from an ecological perspective) I personally think we should be moving towards that model of food production anyway. Reduced pesticide use, greater biodiversity, more varied (but more expensive) food.

More expensive? Maybe our habits need to change.**

**of course, being an utterly sanctamonious prick, I save and use all the bones from the meats we use and any vegetable matter that looks unappetising gets curried. Zero food waste in the house of scouse ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom