SPAM random annoying things

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Simple don't buy it if you think it's just a placebo

It's has been proven to provide results and it does

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When you keep wiping, but shit keeps magically appearing on the paper, even though you've used over half a roll

Punishment

Resident Freddy
465120-redemption-cemetery-curse-of-the-raven-windows-screenshot.png

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
When you keep wiping, but shit keeps magically appearing on the paper, even though you've used over half a roll
This. Nothing better though than having a banging hangover shit and it turning out to be only a one wiper, that always bring a tear to my eye.

rynnor

Rockhound
Punishment said:
Simple don't buy it if you think it's just a placebo

It's has been proven to provide results and it does

It hasn't been proven scientifically - marketing claims are not proof or x ray specs would work :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Never ending Fridays. It's 1pm and it feels like I've been here for 12 hours already. I WANT TO GO HOME AND PLAY COMPUTER GAMES IN MY UNDERWEAR GODDAMNIT.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah. I want to get smashed on cheap wine while playing Day Z.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So tired, can't get going today, brain feels like it is submerged in glue.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who sit there coughing all day all week. Go to the fucking doctor or stfu.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
People who sit there coughing all day all week. Go to the fucking doctor or stfu.

Look for Upper Airway Cough Syndrome and then think again, many people suffer with this and it can be triggered by so many different things that treatiing the problem is incredibly difficult. They often don't have a virus or bacterial infection but are suffering from an allergic reaction which can be very difficult to pin down and effectively treat. The common mis-conception is that a cough means the person is ill and suffering an infection but is often not the case, especially these days with so many people having over-active immune systems due to food and lifestyle.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
RE the Panorama yesterday.

Shoes: Need to test this out further. Use to be able to run in flat-soled K-Swiss and Disel if I stretched properly. Running form was always good, but switching to a running-show (came comfort levels and same stretch routine back in the day) seemed to be a little bit easier, though it might be on the fly technqiue changes to adapt...

BCAA: Never take the stuff, so couldn't care less. Try going over other products, kthx.

Creatine and caffeine being effective? No shit. Also, for me protein is cheaper than milk and lasts longer, I also loathe semi/skimmed milk (Only stuff I touch now if I drink the stuff though)

Wish they actually went after PWOs and Pre-WOs, would be nice for them to do a proper 'top 10', shame J3D is pretty much banned right now.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
But literally only people who are ill with specific conditions require supplementation - its an entire industry built on a non-need for normally healthy people and indeed certain supplements are actively harmful.

Panorama investigated the sports industry last night, and destroyed the myth behind protein shakes, sports trainers and companies that tell you their drinks help boost your hydration levels.

Pretty much said barefeet was better than trainers, eating sensible foods with the nutrients in was better than the protein shakes, and that you can't top up your hydration levels before using it!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Look for Upper Airway Cough Syndrome and then think again, many people suffer with this and it can be triggered by so many different things that treatiing the problem is incredibly difficult. They often don't have a virus or bacterial infection but are suffering from an allergic reaction which can be very difficult to pin down and effectively treat. The common mis-conception is that a cough means the person is ill and suffering an infection but is often not the case, especially these days with so many people having over-active immune systems due to food and lifestyle.

Nah, it's only been going this week.

He is a massive, massive dick. He literally sits there huffing and grunting (yes grunting like he is having a wank) all fucking day every fucking day. He talks on the phone like he is Dom Joly and occasionaly puts his hand in the air waving his fingers. He has has zero personal skills. His idea of asking you to look at some paperwork is to literally wave it around until you notice it. If you are on the phone. No problem, he starts talking to you anyway. If he needs to speak to the boss and someone else is talking to him, or he is on the phone, he paces up and down the office grunting. He is fucking shit at his job and basically pisses everyone off, staff and customers... I cannot wait until they bring in legislation where employers can just bin staff. He also randomly leaps out of his chair (with the obligatory grunt) Hilariously enough he once actualy fell off his chair by doing that and ended up under his desk making stupid noises. I have actual fantasies about beating him to death with my computer monitor pretty much daily.
he also spends 10 minutes every morning locking his car because he has OCD, he has to check it about 100 times, sometimes having to get back in, put his seatbelt on, take it off again, lock the car again etc etc. He pats his monitor 4 times, no more, no less, every night after turning his computer off.

Proper care in the community job. Fuck only knows how he got a job.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Buying a bag of tasty somethings. You eat one. Close the bag. Just one more. Close the bag. A handful more, fuck it. Close the bag up....another handful. Right, thats it, or I won't eat my meal this evening. Close bag up. Put bag out of immediate reach. You try to watch TV. Pictures of the snacks start dancing in your mind. Even as your telling yourself no more, you've got out of the chair, brought the bag back and ate the lot.

Now you feel like a fat pig. A happy pig, but a fat one.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Panorama investigated the sports industry last night, and destroyed the myth behind protein shakes, sports trainers and companies that tell you their drinks help boost your hydration levels.

Pretty much said barefeet was better than trainers, eating sensible foods with the nutrients in was better than the protein shakes, and that you can't top up your hydration levels before using it!

It's cheaper to get protien via shakes than food though, and easier for your system than eating 4 + meals a day. Also, I can't drink lots of milk, it fucks my gut up. So for me protein shakes are great.

However of course eating more food is going to give better results than supplementing with protein shakes.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So I said to the wifes family who are all exercise nuts, 'do you need to drink when you are thirsty or before?'
'before' they shouted, 'or your performance will drop off.'
'no you don't' I replied', 'thats just marketing bullshit from drinks companies'
they got very angry..'it's true, what do you know, you don't run'

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you were well hydrated before exercising, you'd last longer?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Cerb said:
Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you were well hydrated before exercising, you'd last longer?

No.

A marathon runner doesn't gulp down all the water they can drink before setting off.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
So I said to the wifes family who are all exercise nuts, 'do you need to drink when you are thirsty or before?'
'before' they shouted, 'or your performance will drop off.'
'no you don't' I replied', 'thats just marketing bullshit from drinks companies'
they got very angry..'it's true, what do you know, you don't run'
Drinks/bottled water companies Ad's message: "You're already dehrydating before you feel thirsty!!!"
That makes perfect evolutionary sense, really. However would we know to start drinking before we start to feel an adverse effect..

No Sarcasm font.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's all so staged, it makes me puke that corporate marketing is basically shaping our world, when the players walk onto the pitch, in days gone by it was done for far more simplistic and cultural reasons, now it's choreographed event, all holding drinks bottles in just the right way, an army of overpaid suits monitoring every angle to ensure they get every last penny out of the gullible public.
I swear to god, one day I'm going to take baseball bat to the drinks displays in garages, the sea of diet coke, fullfat coke and sports drinks, all laid out to strict criteria, the same in every fucking shop and garage in the country, all owned by coke, who by the way had 49 million likes on facebook.
People 'like' coke on facebook, 'oh great overlord of marketing, my brain is too small to consider the ridiculousness of our relationship, he is another offering at your temple'.
FFS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom