SPAM random annoying things

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Wrestling and those that talk about it as if it's fucking serious shit.

Can someone explain to me the attraction in WWE? There is so much gushing about it on Facebook like it's ..... real.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The stuff from 10 years ago or so I thought was really good (Though I was 14 at the time) - The newer stuff is really horrible, they don't even though each other any more. I know it's scripted, but it's baaaad scripting now.

old.user4556

The stuff from 10 years ago or so I thought was really good (Though I was 14 at the time) - The newer stuff is really horrible, they don't even though each other any more. I know it's scripted, but it's baaaad scripting now.

This.

I've got six months half price Sky Sports and flicked it on to see what all the fuss was about. It was like watching retarded bad-acting men pretending to be.. um.. wrestlers, and not even good ones at that.

It's fun.

Fun in what way? The fake commentary on the fake acting? Honestly, I'm not trolling you with that, I genuinely don't get it.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The new Pokémon after the first 151! I played the fucking shit out of the yellow one on my GameBoy! The original one! I was about 12 at the time and my cousine gave it to me as a gift because it was in Spanish and she was only seven at the time, but I took it as a challenge and after fucking having no idea wtf I was doing for hundreds of hours I finally finished the game and caught Mewtwo! Shit was awesome as fuck!

Got the next version and it sucked big balls.. Now there are like a thousand pokémons? How are kids supposed to catch 'em all and become the very best these days?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ppl going on about how awesome they reckon their Windows7 homescreens are on their Androids. I think they look naff. 6 huge buttons. I dunno. Maybe its something I just don't get. Looks like a kids speak n spell.

Overdriven

Now, I'm no where near an expert on this subject matter but..

People who give health advise to their friends pretending they know everything, commenting on dietary issues and how people need to change -> Especially those who have never had to go to a gym, or lose weight in their life.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You mean like this.
It's calories in and calories out..end of, no debate, that's it, no starvation mode or gland problems or increasing metabolism.
Everything you can buy in Holland and Barret is totally unnecessary bolaks

russell

FH is my second home
I can understand using the glasses when I'm strumming, but I was unplugged and tugging at the tangled cables.

I didn't expect the plug to attack me
Strumming or strimming -there is a BIG difference believe me.;)
Hope your eye is better Mr Accident -be careful.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You mean like this.
It's calories in and calories out..end of, no debate, that's it, no starvation mode or gland problems or increasing metabolism.
Everything you can buy in Holland and Barret is totally unnecessary bolaks

Hardly, alot of medication people take for the likes of high blood pressure reduces their ability to absorb the likes of vitamin b12 which is essential.

I drink a Barocca every day and the shit works tbh, almost never get a cold or sick when im getting 100% of my water based vitamins

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Downloading a huge client for a game only to find there's just as much more content to download once you launch it. Why not bundle the complete fucking thing?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fun in what way? The fake commentary on the fake acting? Honestly, I'm not trolling you with that, I genuinely don't get it.

When you look at it as a TV show, suspend belief somewhat, it is fun like any other TV show(same as with top gear). Even without, some of the stuff is really impressive stuntwork and sometimes you do wonder how one can take all the beating they take. The acting and combat is scripted, ofcourse, but the injuries and hurt isn't.

If you look at it with the attitude of "This is so fake!"(which obviously it is), then you won't enjoy it.

It's semi-fake entertainment in a nutshell.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's fake and pretty boring to watch, it had it's day 10 years ago.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How is the commentary fake? It's just commentary. Anyway, it's just fun. Different people find different things fun, if you don't like it then it's just not for you, you don't have to get it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
This.

I've got six months half price Sky Sports and flicked it on to see what all the fuss was about. It was like watching retarded bad-acting men pretending to be.. um.. wrestlers, and not even good ones at that.

It will depend largely on what show you have watched. The way the business is run currently is that it's all geared towards generating buys for PPVs, so the best matches and entertainment is *usually* in the PPVs.

The enjoyment comes from the ring performances and the storyline progression. Ring stuff is less extreme than it used to be these days, gone are episodes full of blood and overly dangerous head shots and the shows have gone back to TVPG in America meaning they're less violent, which for some detracts. For me it doesn't - I much prefer seeing it how it is now than how it used to be with blood in near every match. The different levels of ring performance vary greatly depending on the wrestlers involved and what they have to work with. So while some matches are awful, many are still fantastic fun.

You don't have the overblown two dimensional cartoon character stuff any more, which makes people who tune in briefly think there's no character left in it. There is, it just typically takes a little extended viewing to get to grips with them as they're more like identifiable people now rather than SHOUTY MAN WITH BEARD WEARS COLOURFUL TASSLES. It's one of those things that is genuinely better for having an extended run watching it, although WWE can suffer from dips and peaks a lot, it just depends on how strongly people are booked and how considered storylines and feuds are created.

I fully get that it's not for everyone, but it is harder to judge just tuning in briefly to see what it's about. For example, when I started re-watching about 18 months ago, my girlfriend laughed at me. Now she looks forwards to it more than I do!

Overdriven

Am in odd rage mode recently, here's one that's been getting me.. Has a back story too!

Lived in and around london for 20 years. Always considered myself a londoner of some sort. Moved to the Midlands 4 years ago. People who say "I know what it's like to live in a city, I lived in [Insert smallass village like Stafford|Stoke here], it's not that different"*

Uhm, I have to wait 20 minutes for a bus here. If I had to wait 20 minutes for a bus in London I'd sue TFL.

Also, Y U NO IMPLEMENT OYSTER CARDS IN MIDLANDS? (or summit along those lines)

*People who call themselves a "londoner|liverpudlian" (all vairations) fuck me off too..

old.user4556

How is the commentary fake? It's just commentary. Anyway, it's just fun. Different people find different things fun, if you don't like it then it's just not for you, you don't have to get it.

What I'm not getting is how serious people get about it given it's essentially a sham.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What I'm not getting is how serious people get about it given it's essentially a sham.
You've lost me on this one G, I can't say for example that I have ever seen anyone get as serious about WWE as I have about say how many times their football team has been beaten by their friends football team?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most of the time the results arent pre-planned though. Getting angry about WWE results would be much the same as getting angry at Strictly come dancing.

You get the hilarious "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" Americans getting themselves in a tiz about it though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hardly, alot of medication people take for the likes of high blood pressure reduces their ability to absorb the likes of vitamin b12 which is essential.

I drink a Barocca every day and the shit works tbh, almost never get a cold or sick when im getting 100% of my water based vitamins
They're corporate shysters ripping off the gullible hippes.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
They're corporate shysters ripping off the gullible hippes.

Whatever, go read a book on micronutrients, it's not the Hocus Pocus you seem to believe it is or find a 12 year old who can explain it to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom