Radar

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Laird MacGregor

Danyan me auld keeper of the war badger who's heading up TLW now as GM? Gideon? Poke him or pyro about until I Can I get an aye or nay from them kin ;)

I think they'd response Nay. Just a hunch...

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Grymlina
Halftime !!!! *looks on the nice cheerleaders*

*walks of too get a beer for next half of the thread*

yeah sweeeet beer.... damn !! *runs of to the shop*

forgott to buy NP hat and flag !!! and a kr0n t-shirt ...

there im ready ...... im cheering on the team that wins ;)
:clap:

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Cadire
However, I believe that not only was he dealt with by GOA, but he apologised to his victim, and the apology was accepted.
That to me means he has 'done his time', and I can't really understand the continued diatribe against him... unless it's a disguise for something else.
<sarcasm value=high>
Prolly cus Ive get the apology secret for several months now, and asked Brannor to keep it too. Mainly 'cause I enjoyed being in the spotlight and having nice flamewars to keep me as the #1 topic on Prydwen forums ;)
</sarcasm>

Edit: Added <sarcasm> tags for those who didn't get it

L

Laird MacGregor

Originally posted by Laromia
Misunderstood, therefore edited. I speak for myself, and myself alone on these boards. I'm not speaking for Onslaught in the posts I made, and am not in the position to do that.

Duly noted Laromia, thankyou for your diligence. I'd appreciate your GM's voicing on the Aye or Nay <Salute>

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Laromia
And you're trying to justify that? What ever happened to people being individuals? The incident didn't even happen in the game, for christs sake, so why you are trying to hold a large group accountable for what one person did without their knowledge is beyond me.

Didn't happen in the game?? Are you not aware of what really went down? He broke into Brannors computer and stole his login and password, logged into the game and exploited a bug as Glauthrong to get inside the Albion home realm. There he killed his fellow realm members as Glauthrong until they finally stopped him. And he did it for one single reason, to discredit Brannor and possibly even get him banned. He then covered his tracks as best he could by logging out at the same spot and such. This is what I found so extremely awful in the first place, he did it deliberately to "hurt" someone else. If he hadn't been found out Brannor could possibly in worst case have had his account banned and he would have lost quite a few hours of playtime invested in his chars. This is quite possibly the worst kind of action that can be made in a virtual world such as this. But never mind, it's not what this discussion is about anyway.

I am not holding NP responsible for kr0ns actions as such. However I would like a guild much more that took a firm stand and said a big no to actions such as these. Sent a signal that these actions are not ok if you will, by refusing such a person to join the guild or alternately booting him. As it is now people might just be thinking "Yeah ok, I might get my chars deleted, but I can always join another guild. Hmm, maybe I'll ask NP, they don't seem to have any problem with hackers...".

Laird: As an officer in my guild I can say that I would boot any members for actions like this. I am quite confident that my GM's feel the same way.

L

Laird MacGregor

Originally posted by old.ImLestat

Laird: As an officer in my guild I can say that I would boot any members for actions like this. I am quite confident that my GM's feel the same way.

Duly noted ma beardy kinsmen, taken on your GM's behalf (they are a busy bunch - unlesss stipulated otherwise later) ... a solid AYE <salute>

:D

The Challenge for all our GM's still stands AYE or NAY kin?

Step forward the GM's from all guilds from all realms on this server... post your prime character, guild name and AYE or NAY on how much bottle you have to boot cheaters and then step it up to GoA, if you uncover them in YOUR guild? Do you even consider your ethos on fair play is anywhere near as solid as the PL one I've stated earlier in the thread?

GM's AYE or NAY? Come on out with it :D

please search out the post where I've issued the challenge for whole context to qualify

C

Cadire

Prolly cus Ive get the apology secret for several months now, and asked Brannor to keep it too. Mainly 'cause I enjoyed being in the spotlight and having nice flamewars to keep me as the #1 topic on Prydwen forums

Don't get me wrong, I actually think you're a tit. But being a tit isn't grounds for dismissal from a guild (otherwise Prydwen would be pretty deserted).

M

mid_Efour

gawfaw haswkuuuuygkj/

Its cool how big a few "kids" feel behind Pc's :)

getting the respect/hatred of an online community to this extent kr0n is pretty impressive.
Fact is u used shitty netbus or whatever to haxor his U/P admittted to it/got caught. pretty much thats the equivilent online as somone said, Murdering a family and a shit load of puppys. only worse u could have deleted i spose?
you might be a nice kid, fact is u probly are but when it comes to this subject let it lie cos u cant justify a word u say and expect your virtual peers to believe you. So no point getting all wound up just take it like a man/boy and stick to random personal flames ehehehe

go go gadget flame thrower.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by cougar-
he lost his account, is that not a punishment?

Personally I would rather see that Goa continued to delete his accounts over and over again as long as he keeps getting new ones, but that is not up to me to decide. Also, this is STILL not what the discussion is about. The community as a whole should in my opinion take a stand and say a big no to actions such as this by not letting such a person join a guild, or booting when found out. The signal sent out at the moment is that no matter what you did there is always someone who would take you in, you can keep doing all those illegal things that you want. Of course this is my opinion and I doubt it will ever happen. I do however admire those guild that do it, but despise those that don't.

What Laird is trying to do in this thread is indeed admirable, rallying guilds around a common stand against such things. I would only wish that it would reach a more wide spread than I think it will get.

O

old.Vae

After being prompted by Laird to post here's my views:

GoP will not tolerate any radar program hacks etc, any cross realming, bug exploits etc.

HOWEVER

In the case of DAOX and Keepalive I think a blindeye will be turned since these programs are pretty benign and realistically all they do are what someone with a 2nd computer could do. Besides which with Mythic implementing their functionality in a forthcoming patch I don't see a problem despite them being technically against the CoC.

K

kr0n

Re: gawfaw haswkuuuuygkj/

Originally posted by mid_Efour
Its cool how big a few "kids" feel behind Pc's :)

getting the respect/hatred of an online community to this extent kr0n is pretty impressive.
Fact is u used shitty netbus or whatever to haxor his U/P admittted to it/got caught. pretty much thats the equivilent online as somone said, Murdering a family and a shit load of puppys. only worse u could have deleted i spose?
you might be a nice kid, fact is u probly are but when it comes to this subject let it lie cos u cant justify a word u say and expect your virtual peers to believe you. So no point getting all wound up just take it like a man/boy and stick to random personal flames ehehehe

go go gadget flame thrower.

I dont know hooooow many times Ive said this but I didn't have to use any netbus etc program. Completly open folder and access to all.

I didn't want to do any permanent damage, it was a prank that got out of hand. If I wanted to do any permanent, I would've deleted or dropped items or whatever.

I can't justify what I did, correct. I can however correct the things people assume I used and what were my motives. Of course most of you have made up your mind a long time ago, so it probably wont change a thing, but at least I can say I've done my best(or worst) to correct this.

V

VidX

Derric stop trying to hi-jack the thread with your usual off-topic posts!

Now, pass me the nacho dip please, I am sick of popcorn.

:p

G

Grymlina

*throws a bannana in vidX head*

Hey stfu im trying to watch the game here !!!!

*stands up and proudly shows his kr0n t-shirt*

T

Teh Krypt

I use radar because I can't find my way to amg/mmg .. :(

Can't camp if I dont know way..

L

Laird MacGregor

Originally posted by old.Vae
After being prompted by Laird to post here's my views:

GoP will not tolerate any radar program hacks etc, any cross realming, bug exploits etc.

HOWEVER

In the case of DAOX and Keepalive I think a blindeye will be turned since these programs are pretty benign and realistically all they do are what someone with a 2nd computer could do. Besides which with Mythic implementing their functionality in a forthcoming patch I don't see a problem despite them being technically against the CoC.

Hail Brother Vae of the GoP. An AYE <Salute>

L

Laird MacGregor

Originally posted by old.ImLestat

What Laird is trying to do in this thread is indeed admirable, rallying guilds around a common stand against such things. I would only wish that it would reach a more wide spread than I think it will get.

Take my word for it ma beardy brethren, the message has hit home, more people read these threads than post in them, and in Albion alone the largest body of allied players the Unity of Albion has already established a long standing commitment to seeing a continuity of fair play, particularly when it comes to obvious cases such as Radar.

For the record... I receive in my capacity as a Warlord of this alliance around 2-3 complaints every other day. Accusations of Radar abuse (for they prove to be accusations when not substantiated) directed at enemy realms from all over Albion reach my ears, and by my honest assessment there is a very low percentile of this going on in RvR.

And It will be kept low as long as guildsmen all over the server realise that their is a pool within the community who are dedicated to stopping proliferation WITHIN their own guilds first, before even considering to reach out to rest of the server. Think long and hard if you EVER attempt to use Radar near our vicinity, not matter what guild you are in, you will be reduced in effect as 1855 active characters are under our care alone.

When cries of outrage reach me, I prescribe exactly the same channel of report as Kemor has already described. Time > Place > Character names > Rightnow. Depending on how many complaints backed up with evidence reach Rightnow, GoA's customer service itself and not any of us will judge if this is indeed a problem.

Let GoA itself, the server community, our realms, and guildsmen be reassured that there is something approaching a server wide commitment to ACTIVE control of policy on fair play, which is upheld and maintained by the majority of GM's and senior officers. I like to think we do things slightly better than the American servers in Europe, but then I've been saying that since closed beta haven't I kin ;)

The AYE's have it so far, so rest easy.

Continue to voice AYE or NAY GM's to this challenge as you see fit - you know the score and often silence can be just a damning as opposition to honourable sentiment

T

Teh Krypt

On the kr0n and Brannor saga.. stfu?

kr0n and Brannor are love buddys now who goto each others house at night and play strong daoc on lan..

Your all jellous, get overit!!111

:cool:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Cadire
kr0n's imfamous hijacking of another's account would indeed be grounds for the severe taunting he gets whenever anything remotely dodgy is mentioned.

However, I believe that not only was he dealt with by GOA, but he apologised to his victim, and the apology was accepted.

That to me means he has 'done his time', and I can't really understand the continued diatribe against him... unless it's a disguise for something else.

No I don't know him, never spoken to him, and don't believe I've met him on the battlefield. I have met NP though and,despite once getting two-shotted attempting to mezz their Bard (nice work sofragile!) have no reason to think anything bad about them. None of them mistreated my corpse.... something I cannot say about a lot of Hibs/Albs. They also withdrew to allow us to rez our fallen... hardly the work of Spawns of Satan!

The word 'integrity' is bandied about a lot on these boards, but a Guild's decision to stick by one of it's members is exactly that.
This is by far one of the most sensible and correct posts in this thread so far.
*/em shows respect to Cadire*

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Laird MacGregor
Let GoA itself, the server community, our realms, and guildsmen be reassured that there is something approaching a server wide commitment to ACTIVE control of policy on fair play, which is upheld and maintained by the majority of GM's and senior officers. I like to think we do things slightly better than the American servers in Europe, but then I've been saying that since closed beta haven't I kin ;)

Aye!

Nice job, kin, keep it up :)

/Salute

Jup.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by kr0n
IWhy should people assume I use them all? I cant really find any other reason but stupidity....

Assuming makes you look like an idiot.

kr0n, hate to point it out, but at the time of "the incident", when I questioned you for your IP address, etc. You vehemently denied it was you and that it was ME being judgemental, etc. at the time.

We all now know that it was you, so, you denying that you use any of these means jack shit.

As for radar programmes? Hey, if any of you use them, good for you, hope they make you feel uber.

You have to wonder why, someone was KB from the IRC channel for using the lack of LoS, yet someone such as yourself remained an OP for many months, and still have +v today.

Have to love democracy.

-G

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
kr0n, hate to point it out, but at the time of "the incident", when I questioned you for your IP address, etc. You vehemently denied it was you and that it was ME being judgemental, etc. at the time.

We all now know that it was you, so, you denying that you use any of these means jack shit.

As for radar programmes? Hey, if any of you use them, good for you, hope they make you feel uber.

You have to wonder why, someone was KB from the IRC channel for using the lack of LoS, yet someone such as yourself remained an OP for many months, and still have +v today.

Have to love democracy.

-G

Of course I denied. Slim chance of getting away with it? :)

V

vladamyr

Lets face facts.

As with all games theres gona be cheaters no matter what.

Its just a shame that people are so obsessed with things like RPs they have to use cheats and ruin it for the rest of us . . .

M

minstrel_kyra

Okay sorry for my delay in my response, I have an out-of-town guest.

Anyway, TDS's stance on cheating has always been the same...it is not tolerated. We have had in the past a person who admitted to sharing an account with those from another realm. I suppose this person (this person still plays on Prydwen btw, but in non-Unity guild) thought it was cool to try out other chars from other realms. I am not sure if this person knew/cared that it was not acceptable behavior nor do I care. This person was asked to stop this behavior immediately. After this person realized how upset I was with him, he said he never shared his char info (no I didn't believe him) and said he wouldn't do it again. We were in the process of checking out his story when he left the guild so we let it drop, hoping he would see the error of his ways. But (and I quote) he said "lots of people do it".

As far as the other programs are concerned, they are not tolerated either. Until windows mode is fully put into use into our European version, we have taken a don't ask/don't tell stance on DAOX.

We are proud to be in an alliance full of honorable and trustworthy people. I only wish more people had the integrity to encourage their guildmates to use their skill and knowledge instead of striving to be uber.

Anyone caught cheating should be dipped in honey and stuck on a fire ant hill, but that's just this cowgirl's opinion. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom