Radar

V

vayasen

Isnt it funny(or not) how some teams(guilds) are SO obvioulsy using radar...and yet they deny it ;].

Wish people would play this game prolerly instead of getting ixed up..and thinking that RPs are actually more important than the fun of the game itself.

Hell I love RVR and getting RP's....DOAC has probably he best PVP ive seen in any of my 6 years of MMORPG.

Just a shame these people go too far.

Guys using radar :- Guys..it is SO OBVIOUS who uses it lol.

C

case-rigantis

yep it does kinda create suspicion when a luri chanter walks right up to me when i`m nowhere near a milegate and begins PBAOE and if i move he follows despite me being stealthed...

teh amount of cheating in this game in RvR right now is really getting me down TBH

how about the grey con mid who killed my level 50 pally last night becasuse when targetted he showed up as a bag of coins that was too far away... (yes i did try re-targetting several times it took him a while to kill me) ooh yeah he had 5 mobs on him and not 1 hit him once...

how about the celt bard that mezzes me miles away from anyone in the middle of a field while stealthed and then lets his ranger friends crit shot me.....while i`m still stealthed..

M

Meatballs

Who are those guys? :( DAoC is gonna get like counterstrike now, where everyone was accused of using an aimbot even if they were just talented. :rolleyes:

T

tildson

Thanks for the info, then i know i never shall try DOAC ;)

I must add my opinion here. The routes that are used, are few and logical - if u think with a bit sense and logic, you will have much greater chance finding your enemies. And i must say, ive never ever had any suspections about anyone using radar. But, i hate cheating, it totally destroys the game. I had a great time playing counter-strike some years ago, before the cheat- and kiddieinvation. Then i stopped :(

There is no point doing these lame jump-on's WITHOUT any kind of evidence! Contact GOA if u suspect someone, dont bring it up here. It only makes YOU a whiner and we see you as a low scumbag :)

E

eynar

Originally posted by case-rigantis
yep it does kinda create suspicion when a luri chanter walks right up to me when i`m nowhere near a milegate and begins PBAOE and if i move he follows despite me being stealthed...

That's funny, cuz radar tools are unable to detect or show stealthed players, simply cuz no info about them is being routed...

S

SilverHood

Eynar, it can show stealthers.

Had stealthed guildies complaining about chanters running across open territory and pbaoing them... it just doesn't happen.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by SilverHood
Eynar, it can show stealthers.

Had stealthed guildies complaining about chanters running across open territory and pbaoing them... it just doesn't happen.

The way I believe the netcode works is that it sends your coordinates to the server then checks them serverside against the coordinates of the stealthed player so there is noway, unless they're visibile, a packet sniffer can't sniff out the packets which just aren't there.

It's just the usual paronoia/frustration of getting killed in this game which leads to people whining about things from cheats to someone's choice of dye colours.

J

j000 d000d

I wonder how those "stealthers" (probably hit stealth when they see an enemy) got killed.

As an Enchanter can just select the stealther and after he stealths you still have ~3 seconds to push the pet "attack" button.

M

mskin

they can talk the talk but... yes you know it.

word nick.

R

revminster

I know there is some kind of bug that shows a stealthed player from clipping range just like you would see him if you used True Sight or See Hidden. This has happened a couple of times to me and I don't even have TS. It usually only lasts for a couple of seconds though and could be due to lag.

Anyone else seen this happen?

R

-redb-

Tbh, when seen thread title, and thread created by, tis just "oh dear, another whine thread of vayn"

No vid of accused ppl using radar
No ss of accused ppl using radar
Hell, not even an explantion as why you even think thers ppl using radar

And with the amount of times you've whined about zergs, radar, other guilds, alliances etc eeeetc, you honestly think anyone will take you serisouly when you just say "thers ppl out there using radar" ?

Oh well, just imo

:spin:

K

kemor

Guys,
posting here will not do much but bring more wood on the fire. If you have suspicions, report via RightNow (http://faq.camelot-europe.com) with time, character, server, witnesses and everything else you can think of.

As some said, it's not because someone comes right close to you and start casting a spell that he's using some kind of cheat program. Players tend to use the same "routes", same tactics and most experienced players know these routes or tactics, especially if they played stealthers themselves.

Of course, If you are using the tri-leanear zig zag "I'm no where close to anything and I'm lost myself" tactic, and if Mr. Imalonetank (friend of Imatankwithlotsoffriends) comes RIGHT on close to you and only searches the little spot where you are..well...report (not saying that Imalonetank is doing anything bad though;) )

O

old.Sko

how about the celt bard that mezzes me miles away from anyone in the middle of a field while stealthed and then lets his ranger friends crit shot me.....while i`m still stealthed..
Sad fact of life - assist works on players visible with see hidden/true sight. Maybe bug, maybe not, but certanly sucks.

V

vayasen

Redb

another vayasen whine thread? Lol i havnt exactly posted aq great deal here in the 1st place.

anyways not goign to lower myself to your level and trade insults on these boards with ya.

O

old.XanateA

kinda hard to lower urself to his level when you obviously are way below him already :)

2nd whine thread about the same thing, and we still have no clue who u think is cheating.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by kemor
Of course, If you are using the tri-leanear zig zag "I'm no where close to anything and I'm lost myself" tactic, and if Mr. Imalonetank (friend of Imatankwithlotsoffriends) comes RIGHT on close to you and only searches the little spot where you are..well...report (not saying that Imalonetank is doing anything bad though;) )

No mention of the stealth cat, and his friends then? :(

E

eynar

Originally posted by -nicolas-

The way I believe the netcode works is that it sends your coordinates to the server then checks them serverside against the coordinates of the stealthed player so there is noway, unless they're visibile, a packet sniffer can't sniff out the packets which just aren't there.

Exactly....the only way the sniffer can intercept info about stealthers is when they aren't stealthed.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by kemor

Anyone ever tell you your very confusing? :D

I

ImLestat

Just a small thought: Do you think a guild that harbors at least one known hacker of Daoc accounts really would have any conscience about using these radar progs?

A

Aoln

Originally posted by revminster
I know there is some kind of bug that shows a stealthed player from clipping range just like you would see him if you used True Sight or See Hidden. This has happened a couple of times to me and I don't even have TS. It usually only lasts for a couple of seconds though and could be due to lag.

Anyone else seen this happen?
As far as i know this is from double tapping stealth to see if another stealther is near when in stealth mode, not sure on it though. :)
Originally posted by Vayasen
anyways not goign to lower myself to your level and trade insults on these boards with ya.
Maybe be minor but aint that a bit of an insult? :p

K

kalgarn

kemor is imalonetank a roleplayingname encouraged by goa? :p
btw,guys stop the whining if you don't have proof.just have fun and if ppl are using radar well not much you will change by posting here ^^
and atleast have the courage to say you're talking about NP don't know why though.still haven't seen anything that made me think they use it.maybe they just kill you because they know how to play?just my two cents ;)

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
Just a small thought: Do you think a guild that harbors at least one known hacker of Daoc accounts really would have any conscience about using these radar progs?
kron hardly had to "hack" anything :ROFLMAO:

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Eleasias
kron hardly had to "hack" anything :ROFLMAO:

The correct term doesn't matter. He broke into another persons computer. That's illegal you know...

K

kr0n

Haha, I told my both parents what happened and they just laughed ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom