Radar

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by -nicolas-

Read it again. He wasn't in NP at the time as NP weren't even on prydwen let alone on PVP when it happened. We didn't know about it when he joined, and if brannor can forgive him so can we.

Ok, let me quote kr0n then:

Originally posted by kr0n
I joined NP for PvP before this happened, I told 'em about it when it came public.

He had already been ACCEPTED for the PvP server when he had done that, at least in spirit he was a part of NP. The above statement is indeed false if what he said is true.

You may of course do as you wish with the kr0n issue, but don't make big questionmarks when people wonder about the morals of your guild.

D

Danya

Assuming makes you look like an idiot.

Society is built on assumption, without assumption we wouldn't have electricity let alone computers to play daoc on. Think on that before you brand assumption as idiocy.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Danyan

Society is built on assumption, without assumption we wouldn't have electricity let alone computers to play daoc on. Think on that before you brand assumption as idiocy.

It's also the mother of all f***ups :)

D

Derric

Hey! I heard Jane's Addiction are recording a new album!

K

kr0n

'

Assumption is so general I should've used another word there I guess. But in this context your point is too far away from the subject.

Society is build on assumption? So, basically when someone assumes something is fucked, he immidietly "repairs" it? No, they first investigate it.

Maybe my phrase was a tad off the meaning I wanted. Should've added "Yelling out your assumptions in public makes you look stupid."
Best way to not look like an idiot is to keep their assumptions as their own until they have enough proof to back up those assumptions, which turn into theories.

F

Farnis

'

Maybe my phrase was a tad off the meaning I wanted. Should've added "Yelling out your assumptions in public makes you look stupid."
Best way to not look like an idiot is to keep their assumptions as their own until they have enough proof to back up those assumptions, which turn into theories.

No it doesnt. You never read a tabloid newspaper? They live by the addage guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately thats what has happened to you - which is pretty cack if you are innocent (which I now ASSUME you are - or does that now make me an idiot?)

K

kr0n

And how many people actually BELIEVE what those tabloid magazines tell you? I dont. Sometimes they might be correct, but not nearly as often as those who state facts.

Everything should be based on the idea, innocent until proven guilty. So basically, you don't assume Im innocent (of whatever people are claiming I did (I lost the red line in this thread btw)), you claim Im innocent in the lack of proof to prove it otherwise.

Assuming without proof = guessing.

Assuming with proof = theory.

F

Farnis

And how many people actually BELIEVE what those tabloid magazines tell you? I dont.

Assuming without proof = guessing.

Assuming with proof = theory.

...but thats the thing - if you printed something that was libelous then your gonna get your @rse sued off. And youve just said that you assume to not believe anything that they print because you have your own misconceptions of them being untrustworthy....you see where I am coming from? Im not having a go here - just pointing out how people see things.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Sad fact of life - assist works on players visible with see hidden/true sight. Maybe bug, maybe not, but certanly sucks.

Heh, I honestly didn't know this :cheers:

L

Laroma

This thread lives on for the sake of.. well, nothing.

To get back on subject, I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty, which makes this thread completely useless. No one has any proof of anyone using a radar, except rumours based on hatred and jealousy which I think we can all agree doesn't count as valid proof either here or in reality.

Still, for some reason, Nolby Pride (and often kr0n, too) are the ones people associate with these kinds of threads. Why why why wh.. ? Is it because people can't handle the fact that Nolby Pride ARE in fact good at playing this game? And why is NP (and again, kr0n) are constantly being used as the scapegoat? It's just too easy, and I really don't get it.

I'm getting to a point where i'd rather play alongside with NP personally, simply because of all the whiners and wannabes. I'd love the chance to crush your fragile egos.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Farnis

...but thats the thing - if you printed something that was libelous then your gonna get your @rse sued off. And youve just said that you assume to not believe anything that they print because you have your own misconceptions of them being untrustworthy....you see where I am coming from? Im not having a go here - just pointing out how people see things.

I dont assume that thing about tabloids. Its a well known fact, aint that the reason they have their own name, tabloid? (or might be in my head, not 100% sure how big area does tabloid actually cover).

Bottom line is where Im trying to aim at, keep your guesses as your own intel, publish 'em along the facts. I think we could agree on this one? (Or at least give your thoughts to persons who have power to gather information, hope you get what I mean)

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Laromia
I'm getting to a point where i'd rather play alongside with NP personally, simply because of all the whiners and wannabes. I'd love the chance to crush your fragile egos.

:fluffle:

I

ImLestat

To get back on subject, I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty, which makes this thread completely useless. No one has any proof of anyone using a radar, except rumours based on hatred and jealousy which I think we can all agree doesn't count as valid proof either here or in reality.

Still, for some reason, Nolby Pride (and often kr0n, too) are the ones people associate with these kinds of threads. Why why why wh.. ? Is it because people can't handle the fact that Nolby Pride ARE in fact good at playing this game? And why is NP (and again, kr0n) are constantly being used as the scapegoat? It's just too easy, and I really don't get it.

Personally I have no idea if NP are using radar progs, and I'm not saying they are. The first time however I heard someone saying that they might be using it I just thought "Well, it probably wouldn't be beneath them.". This because of that they in my opinion have questionable morals for having a known hacker (yes I use that term even if he might have been portscanning/using scripts/whatever) in the guild. If that wasn't the case I would view them as skilled players up until it was proven otherwise, or perhaps I was in a situation where I could suspect myself otherwise. My point in this thread has always been that what kr0n did affects at least how some people (including me) view the guild. I understand that this has been easy to miss since the discussion has been much around kr0n, but it still is the case.

L

Laroma

Haha, questionable morals. Okay, so theoretically speaking, if I said I had hacked/cracked more times than there's been days in your life, would that make Onslaught look worse to you? Would that make the guild in general and the members in it have questionable morals all together?

I can't see why you feel you have the right to judge the entire guild on one persons actions outside the fucking game, only to generalize and say, 'Well hell, if they accept it, they must all be like that'. That's just bullshit.

Why does it matter to YOU what one person in a guild did in his/her past? And why does you knowing what a person did in his/her past give you the right to assume the entire guild is exactly the same? I still strongly believe the entire discussion can be boiled down to envy and hatred. There are NO valid points/proof left to discuss, only those based on rumours.

"NP accepted a hacker in the guild, so why wouldn't they use banned tools as well?" .. What a very sad argument.

K

kr0n

Ofc ImLestat has a point there.

It's just, people have different standards. I would be fine leveling what I did with something like, taking 50g of extra candy from the store, drinking while under the legal age. Minor stuff which happens all the time and no one really bothers to whine about it.

Others obviously put it on the same level as murder, terrorism, grand theft auto, armed robbery and so on.

A bit exaggerated on both sides but this is the case.

I

ImLestat

Laromia, you still fail to see my point. I am NOT saying that if kr0n did like that all of NP will. I am saying that peoples views on the guild is coloured to some degree by what he did. After all, they don't take any action against him.

And kr0n, I never really thought I would say this but /salut for acknowledging that I at least have a point.

K

kr0n

But of course the point is wrong 'cause I have inside info and this does not happen ;)

A

Artemls

Ofc ImLestat has a point there.

taking 50g of extra candy from the store.

Think it's time for you to stop playing this game if you starting to try and use "G" as money in RL :p

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Artemls

Think it's time for you to stop playing this game if you starting to try and use "G" as money in RL :p

:m00:

L

Laroma

I'm not failing to see your point, trust me. What you're saying is, that if a guild like Nolby Pride can accept having a "hacker" amongst them, they can't be all good.

If some person I knew well, and/or talked to alot, in any of the guilds I am/was in came forward and admitted to some sort of offence - be it hacking, using radar, whatever - I would keep the person in the guild regardless. Of course, i'd let him know my opinion about his actions, but i'm one of those naive types who believe people can actually change, and have regrets about what they've done.

I am saying that peoples views on the guild is coloured to some degree by what he did
And you're trying to justify that? What ever happened to people being individuals? The incident didn't even happen in the game, for christs sake, so why you are trying to hold a large group accountable for what one person did without their knowledge is beyond me.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Artemls

I think YOURE the one playing too much mistar.

Small g after a number also means grams (as in weight)...

L

Laird MacGregor

Re: Re: GM's READ AND RESPOND

Originally posted by -nicolas-

As with so many things it isn't just Aye or Nay. This same rule applies to DAOC in my opinion. I am positive there are some people lurking in your guild who use daox, or have done in the past, which is also against the CoC.

If anyone suspects a person of using any kind of radar he/she should report him, provide all the evidence and leave it in goa's hands.

NP is one of the more controversial guilds from the start on Excal, then on PVP and now on Prydwen you can be sure goa have monitored us and thus far nobody has ever been banned so that should tell you where NP has drawn the line as far as breaking the CoC goes.

So that's an AYE then.

(Assuming you speak for the NP GM, you could have just said it... I deliberately didn't make it a 3 way option ;))

Oh as for DAoX users in PL - we like booting them :)

OK, now we're getting somewhere...NEXT!!!!!!....

L

Laird MacGregor

Danyan me auld keeper of the war badger who's heading up TLW now as GM? Gideon? Poke him or pyro about until I Can I get an aye or nay from them kin ;)

L

Laird MacGregor

Originally posted by Svartur

Thats because the aimbot lamers have started playing Daoc nowadays. ;)

Svartur me auld beardy wife, aye or nay from your GM? How big is the middy Boot of Doom - aimed at aimbot users no doubt? :)

L

Laird MacGregor

And the onslaught GM says Aye or Nay? :)

L

Laird MacGregor

ImLestat ma beardy kin, Klan Nidstang GM's standpoint is AYE or NAY? (although I can presume from your current voicing the response, I'd still appreciate it anyway, cheers kin ;))

:)

C

Cadire

kr0n's imfamous hijacking of another's account would indeed be grounds for the severe taunting he gets whenever anything remotely dodgy is mentioned.

However, I believe that not only was he dealt with by GOA, but he apologised to his victim, and the apology was accepted.

That to me means he has 'done his time', and I can't really understand the continued diatribe against him... unless it's a disguise for something else.

No I don't know him, never spoken to him, and don't believe I've met him on the battlefield. I have met NP though and,despite once getting two-shotted attempting to mezz their Bard (nice work sofragile!) have no reason to think anything bad about them. None of them mistreated my corpse.... something I cannot say about a lot of Hibs/Albs. They also withdrew to allow us to rez our fallen... hardly the work of Spawns of Satan!

The word 'integrity' is bandied about a lot on these boards, but a Guild's decision to stick by one of it's members is exactly that.

L

Laroma

Misunderstood, therefore edited. I speak for myself, and myself alone on these boards. I'm not speaking for Onslaught in the posts I made, and am not in the position to do that.

G

Grymlina

Halftime !!!! *looks on the nice cheerleaders*

*walks of too get a beer for next half of the thread*

yeah sweeeet beer.... damn !! *runs of to the shop*

forgott to buy NP hat and flag !!! and a kr0n t-shirt ...

there im ready ...... im cheering on the team that wins ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom