Radar

F

Fafnir

Well as they say the apple dont fall far from the tree. :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
Just a small thought: Do you think a guild that harbors at least one known hacker of Daoc accounts really would have any conscience about using these radar progs?
This I disagree with. Pointless, irrelevant even... considering the topic here.
As to the topic, these radar thingies people talk about just plain disgust me considering DAoC has the best PvP system pretty much in the history of MMORPG's.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by SFXman

As to the topic, these radar thingies people talk about just plain disgust me considering DAoC has the best PvP system pretty much in the history of MMORPG's.
Aye, radar users are just sad fucks, cant they go back to singleplayer games and cheat there instead.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by SFXman

I'm not so sure it is. However that was not an accusation. It was a questioning of the moral standpoint of NP as a guild, and since they allow criminals in their guild why should they not allow cheaters when cheating isn't even illegal? Well, everyone should find their own opinion about this, but I do find it worth considering.

K

kr0n

Surely Klan Nidstang has people in guild who have...
1. Used drugs (weed etc)
2. Drank alcohol under the legal age
3. Minor shoplifting (candybar, whatever)

Aint those people criminals aswell? Of course you concider those as "minor offenses" but they are offenses aswell.

And what's your problem anyways? Have you seen Brannor whining about me? I mean, that event didnt concider you in any way, but still you whine like a bitch with a screwdriver in her ass.

T

tildson

I'm not so sure it is. However that was not an accusation. It was a questioning of the moral standpoint of NP as a guild, and since they allow criminals in their guild why should they not allow cheaters when cheating isn't even illegal? Well, everyone should find their own opinion about this, but I do find it worth considering.

Jesus, what's your problem?

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by tildson

Jesus, what's your problem?

My problem? I wouldn't have any problem really if you didn't have pr0n in your guild. As an officer of our guild I wouldn't let ANYONE in after pulling something like he did. Is it really that strange that at least some people question the morals of a guild that really does let him in while knowing about his deeds? And even if you didn't know when he joined, you must have learned about it at some point. I mean it's not like he makes a big secret out of it, heck he's still proud of it.

K

kr0n

My problem? I wouldn't have any problem really if you didn't have pr0n in your guild. As an officer of our guild I wouldn't let ANYONE in after pulling something like he did. Is it really that strange that at least some people question the morals of a guild that really does let him in while knowing about his deeds? And even if you didn't know when he joined, you must have learned about it at some point. I mean it's not like he makes a big secret out of it, heck he's still proud of it.

Haha, what makes you think Im proud of it ? Im just the opposite, I wish Id never had done that. Against the common knowledge, Ive apologised from Brannor a long time ago. You guys are just too much fun to fuck around with so I decided to keep this info secret.

I joined NP for PvP before this happened, I told 'em about it when it came public.

L

Laird MacGregor

Just a small thought: Do you think a guild that harbors at least one known hacker of Daoc accounts really would have any conscience about using these radar progs?

Huh... what... where!? How on earth do you come by the information to quote near facts? All of this information actually I find it mildly confusing to say the least.

What I'm seeing here, from this whole thread, and judging by the increase of complaints from people in RvR about radar, it appears to me that some people seem to know more about what the enemy guilds are doing in terms of 'cheating' than their own guildsmen... hmm?

Let me state as an example, as the PL GM, I and my fellow Officers would act in the following way should any of this come to light:

Player using Dark Tools - Boot
Player using Packet Sniffers/Radar etc - Boot
Player using multiple accounts for spying - Boot
Player leaking info on IRC - Boot
Player laughing away while breaking the CoC - Boot

Is that a clear enough standpoint for you? :)

Depending on the nature of the offence, we'd even go so far as black listing that player among our entire alliance with acute warnings (1855 Active Characters can spread the word quite fast) and if pushed - across every alliance. We would instantly have the logs commissioned for Rightnow, and direct our own Eyes & Ears players to place it on top of the current agenda if needs be.

As a result, of which can only be described as the toughest stance, the PL has never since it's day of formation harboured players who think any of the above list is fair game... if that's your style you take it well away from our guild and the ball is set in motion to have you reduced in effect in the community (if not totally eliminated).

Thus, in the Legion as with our allied guilds, there is no safe place for these problem players to reside... PL simply has never had them, and they will never get in.

"Police your own backyard!!!" That's what I think Vayasen may be directing attention to here, we would rather see GM's in 'suspect' guilds take control, before GoA does and everyone gets to say... “hahha, told you so!!”.

If they cheat, boot them to hell out of your guild and drive them out of your realm.. what are you afraid of - any of you who know of anything about this going on in your guild? "Oh I can't boot him!!! He's Uber, He's my mate"

Well of course you think he's 'uber' - he or she cheated to fool everyone!! Used to know some people who could pull of kills round corners and through walls by running a FPS in wire frame mode, all it did was make the real good players feel bad.

Maybe he's your meal ticket to RP's so you can be proud of where you and your guild has been taken, but don't lie to yourself, just try and convince anyone that you deserve that respect if it becomes public you've been standing on the shoulders of cheats... yes one can ruin it for all.

My advice to lower ranking guildsmen, if you can't make your officers and GM's see sense, then you really need to vote with you feet and get the hell out of a guild that could ruin your own reputation. But if reputation means nothing to you, if over a thousand people laughing at you to your face and behind your back doesn't make you flinch as human, if it's all just about points and numbers for you... then I'm afraid there is little hope we can offer...except... here's a calculator... enjoy ;)

Now come on kin, take a moral stance for the good of the server and stop burying heads in sand, as Kemor directs you quite rightly get it reported to Rightnow.

If you don't, won't, can't put a stop to it whenever you even get a sniff of rumours that your own guildsmen are walking on the Dark Side, if you let anything like this slip by you... well... I've seen entire guilds in Clan War wink out of existence in a puff of smoke.

*Gone*

You decide kin.

F

Farnis

...but surely you understand why someone would level a radar accusation at you...surely.

Kron - you made your bed mate - and youve got to accept that that your name will be forever shit around here...regardless of any of your actions - you fucked up and now your paying the price...with a bad rep - and any exploits that ever occur - people are going to assume that you use them all. As I do.

so Boo hoo.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Farnis
...but surely you understand why someone would level a radar accusation at you...surely.

Kron - you made your bed mate - and youve got to accept that that your name will be forever shit around here...regardless of any of your actions - you fucked up and now your paying the price...with a bad rep - and any exploits that ever occur - people are going to assume that you use them all. As I do.

so Boo hoo.

I dont care my name is shit around here. Why should I care what You think about me? You will never affect my life in any way.

Why should people assume I use them all? I cant really find any other reason but stupidity. I heard a long time ago from a friend someone was accusing me for radar (when I never had any RPs anyways). I just dont get it :D Idiots. All I can say.

Assuming makes you look like an idiot.

L

Laird MacGregor

<- Muhahha.... Amused

Do you lot even read the intelligent parts of a thread?!

:D

L

Laird MacGregor

Ack...Bugger it...
Derric Laddie!!!!?
Any Whisky wi that Popcorn?!!

F

Farnis

Nahh - scan over the salient points :)

It maybe stupid to assume Kr0n but thats what people do... Its crap, and it happens all the time in the real world...and you really dont do yourself any favours.

L

Laird MacGregor

Here's a wierd fact while I wait for corn snacks...

The was a guild pissup in London just the other night, and half the players met there by ma wee brother all had Oxford Degrees.

Makes ya think eh? People aren'y as dumb as they make out ;)

K

kr0n

Well, obviously I have no way up so why not act as the level people have put me into? Fuck up people more! Yey.

L

Laird MacGregor

You could start using postive thinking and positive presentation k0rn, back it up with positive action and that career you've always wanted maybe yours ;)

K

kr0n

Always wanted? Naah...

Besides, that wouldnt work since everytime I post an opinion, some fuck comes along and sez "no one cares what you think, h4x0r boi!" Such whiners, all of em.

L

Laird MacGregor

"Soooo, want to use radar eh?!
Want to be leet and old Skool eh?!
Think of yourself as the Uber of Ubers eh?!!!"

Here's a tune just for you to listen to as you port to the enemy realm... be sure to turn your speakers up full now.

Beats to cheat to

(Lyrics screamed by a guy with a mullet about "Reaching for the Sky!!! Burning all in my Path!!!")

:D

O

Oldbone O

mi love that kr0n boy, im haking to, he is god, he can hak you when he want, hahahahahaha

plz dont hak me kr0n

L

Laird MacGregor

GM's READ AND RESPOND

Aha!!! Got ya!!!

I've re-read this entire thread with whisky, and all I can say is people who have posted here naysaying, you must know how radar does or does not work. Defend it like it's some kind of myth...? How in the hell else would you know? You've used it haven't you?! You know people who use it in guild don't you? You talk about it in game don't you (logs can tell)... you can't hide behind dirt clouds, we mercs invented the bloody thing ;)

If you know ANYTHING about Dark Tools and Radar you know too much and you will be destroyed...

Kemor laddie, take the names of everyone who appears to know too much!!!

<Laird re-reads Kemors post on Imalonetank>

Erm... shite... Kemor knows too much... erm... let me think on this ;)

Joking aside kin, you stand zero chance at the end of the day.

GoA just needs to get to the point of booting more people for the benefit of the server, rather than letting it slide into counter strike horror... which anyone who cares a damn about this game, you, me, and everyone else, will not see happen without a fight.

Defend, support, disclaim banned tool use even exists all you want, if you are found out one day when GoA simply has had enough of the collective "but it's not me" nonsense, that will be the end of it.

I'm pretty sure Mythic is already writing the manual to pass over to Europe on how to sort it out, there has not been a hack-crack-tool made yet that is untraceable, mostly users just get too cocky and hang themselves when enough rope is given. As I said above someplace, people are not as dumb as they make out, least alone the ones who can switch off the server for ever.

Do you want some time to think about that last comment? OK...

(the ultimate Boot Of Doom!!!!... please, please Kemor, I'll send you the best christmas Jumper you'll ever, EVER have if you let me fly over to France and pull that bloody plug out of the wall, and throw the UPS out the window!!!")

Now I challenge ALL GM's who have the brass balls to step forward here and now and say they would do the same as the PL ethos I posted above about disciplining your guildsmen, removing and reporting players who use banned tools to break the Code Of Conduct.

Mid, Hibs, and Albs.

There is NOT one single GM or Guild who can avoid this challenge, I don't give a damn how many RP's you have you're not the senior guild of Europe.

GM's if you find them you will discipline then resort to boot, and report? I'm questioning your authority as community leaders to stand firm...If you can't even answer this challenge kin here and now, you have nothing left to argue.

Simple enough GM's, Aye or Nay?

S

Svartur

Originally posted by Meatballs
Who are those guys? :( DAoC is gonna get like counterstrike now, where everyone was accused of using an aimbot even if they were just talented. :rolleyes:

Thats because the aimbot lamers have started playing Daoc nowadays. ;)

N

)nick(

Re: GM's READ AND RESPOND

Originally posted by Laird MacGregor
Now I challenge ALL GM's who have the brass balls to step forward here and now and say they would do the same as the PL ethos I posted above about disciplining your guildsmen, removing and reporting players who use banned tools to break the Code Of Conduct.

Mid, Hibs, and Albs.

There is NOT one single GM or Guild who can avoid this challenge, I don't give a damn how many RP's you have you're not the senior guild of Europe.

GM's if you find them you will discipline then resort to boot, and report? I'm questioning your authority as community leaders to stand firm...If you can't even answer this challenge kin here and now, you have nothing left to argue.

Simple enough GM's, Aye or Nay?

As with so many things it isn't just Aye or Nay. This same rule applies to DAOC in my opinion. I am positive there are some people lurking in your guild who use daox, or have done in the past, which is also against the CoC.

If anyone suspects a person of using any kind of radar he/she should report him, provide all the evidence and leave it in goa's hands.

NP is one of the more controversial guilds from the start on Excal, then on PVP and now on Prydwen you can be sure goa have monitored us and thus far nobody has ever been banned so that should tell you where NP has drawn the line as far as breaking the CoC goes.

I

ImLestat

Well kr0n's statement just makes this matter more strange. So he was practically a part of NP when he did it, and they still didn't do anything? Oh, nicely done...

I

ImLestat

Oh, and btw nicolas: This makes your statement above false. One member of your guild has been banned while being in it (at least in spirit), kr0n. And you people wonder why I question the moral standpoint of NP...?

N

)nick(

Oh, and btw nicolas: This makes your statement above false. One member of your guild has been banned while being in it (at least in spirit), kr0n. And you people wonder why I question the moral standpoint of NP...?

Read it again. He wasn't in NP at the time as NP weren't even on prydwen let alone on PVP when it happened. We didn't know about it when he joined, and if brannor can forgive him so can we.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom