question to zergers

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Labbe said:
We have taken a few high RR groups down several times. tho I must say that we bite the dust most of the times. But it's not only RA's that judges the outcome. it's the timing.

You will find that your definition timing will be called adding by somebody else. To take down an opted high rr, fully ToAed group when you yourself are missing key abilites you need to attack them off guard with there most useful abilities down which is normally just after they have fought somebody else.

However what confuses me is that all these people who live for those 8v8 fights is why they can't simply avoid a zerg. Its a fairly easy skill to learn. Upon sighting a zerg you should do the following:
1) Place a speed warp
2) Sprint away with speed 5. (note the keyword here is "away")
3) (optional) Hide in a keep/tower until the zerg leaves

What you should NOT do upon sighting a zerg:
1) Charge into them killing the first 10 or so like the rp horny zerg you claim to be better than before getting wiped.
2) Come whine on FH because people who have real lifes still managed to beat you in a game that you play 24/7 because they actually had the brains to think up a way of beating you.

There are more skills in this game than simply knowing your character. Learn them and maybe you will find yourself enjoying the game more.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
You will find that your definition timing will be called adding by somebody else. To take down an opted high rr, fully ToAed group when you yourself are missing key abilites you need to attack them off guard with there most useful abilities down which is normally just after they have fought somebody else.

However what confuses me is that all these people who live for those 8v8 fights is why they can't simply avoid a zerg. Its a fairly easy skill to learn. Upon sighting a zerg you should do the following:
1) Place a speed warp
2) Sprint away with speed 5. (note the keyword here is "away")
3) (optional) Hide in a keep/tower until the zerg leaves

What you should NOT do upon sighting a zerg:
1) Charge into them killing the first 10 or so like the rp horny zerg you claim to be better than before getting wiped.
2) Come whine on FH because people who have real lifes still managed to beat you in a game that you play 24/7 because they actually had the brains to think up a way of beating you.

There are more skills in this game than simply knowing your character. Learn them and maybe you will find yourself enjoying the game more.

You do of course realise that you have just called in bomber command?

;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Cadelin said:
To take down an opted high rr, fully ToAed group when you yourself are missing key abilites you need to attack them off guard with there most useful abilities down which is normally just after they have fought somebody else.
You make it sound as if RAs are everything; in my opinion, they are not. Yes, it is clear that RAs make a world of difference, but skill and luck also plays a role in a fight. Get the jump and win the CC war and you might be able to get the upper hand during the first few precious seconds of a fight, and with some luck you will be able to keep that advantage and emerge victorious.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
You make it sound as if RAs are everything; in my opinion, they are not. Yes, it is clear that RAs make a world of difference, but skill and luck also plays a role in a fight. Get the jump and win the CC war and you might be able to get the upper hand during the first few precious seconds of a fight, and with some luck you will be able to keep that advantage and emerge victorious.

wow u covered all the bases there, yeah once in a blue moon the Grimsby Town FC's of the world might b able to beat the Manchester United's of the world... yes the sky is still blue, today is Wednesday and i might live to b 100 with a bit of luck.... 50g anybody?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Whatever. It's clear that you have not experienced what I am talking about, whereas me and my group have, starting from RR2 in the Old Frontiers.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Jupiter said:
so ur saying?
a) an opted rr3 group can beat an opted rr8 group
or
b) an opted rr3 group can beat a pug rr8 group

point a) is bollox, point b) can b done

both can be done ;x

but gordon didn't answer me where is the fun in zerging? i have never understood it.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Labbe said:
So not true.

We have taken a few high RR groups down several times. tho I must say that we bite the dust most of the times. But it's not only RA's that judges the outcome. it's the timing.
I'm not saying you can't - I'm saying that it takes more than just skill and experience for a low rr group to win over a high rr group. You need good luck on your side and bad on their (getting the jump it's more about luck of you seeing them and they not seeing you, unless you "know" where they are). You have to play the fight perfectly and they have to make mistakes. You have to stack more advantages than them, and this include having ra/ma/arti actives or a superior group setup.

Sometimes this happens (and it's brag time :cheers: ), most of the times it won't, but it's always a chance to learn something new - what's important is being able to fight also same level groups for better chances to win, or it gets boring after a bit, dust is really tasteless :D

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
both can be done ;x

but gordon didn't answer me where is the fun in zerging? i have never understood it.

It's fun when people who think they're "skilled" players come whine here because you've zerged their asses off.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
It's fun when people who think they're "skilled" players come whine here because you've zerged their asses off.

ibtl inc flames :flame:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:

That's only a nice by-product.

To the original poster. The fun is, that you can do anything you want. If you're in the mood for a zerg, do it. If you're not, don't do it. It's as simple as that. It still seems strange to me, that someone doesn't understand that there might be people that don't like 8 vs 8 or something like that.

I must confess I like both. Sometimes 8 vs 8 can be fun but when you do things for too long, they get boring. If you want a controlled 8 vs 8 situation you shouldn't play a MMORPG. Otherwise you will have to live with the fact, that it's not controlled. Seek out zones where it is unlikely you will get added etc if you don't want it to happen. That's the only suggestion I can make.

Everyone plays as he or she likes it. If I see someone of my realm fighting, I'm going to help unless it's already clear he or she will win, maybe a little healing or rezzing etc. That's my interpretation of realm versus realm. It might not be yours but it doesn't have to be. What you should do anyways is understand that it might be the wish of someone else. Everyone may play this game as they like, as long as they are playing by the rules. :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
What you doing here anyway, Gordonax, straying onto the Prydwen boards? :cheers:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gordonax said:

just answer the god damn question?

(note to adianna: i accept that people wanna zerg, they are paying, they can do what they please. But i dont know what's fun about it and Gordonax apparently doesn't know either)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingdon ...

RVR is not fun if you run in a group which is of a low realm and/or is un opted.. Especially if you run into a high RR group .. So the only way to stand any real chance is to run with alot more people ... and hope.

You also need to bare in mind, that trying to join a group requires time, and if you are on for a little bit, then time is something you don't have.

Anyway I have seen high RR groups chew through 2 - 3 fgs of low RRs and still get away.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingdon,

to answer your question directly from my perspective a fairly even zerg versus zerg is actually great sport but only really when there is an objective in mind.

I can only speak for myself as one of the zerg. For me personally the best zerg action has always been around either a full blown relic raid at prime time where lots of different parts of a zerg and reporting into the BG what the other realm is doing etc etc. The GG feature heavily in these because they can turn up and swing the battle one way or the other. Eclipse, NFD and Golden age have bailed us out on numerous occassions and it is always a relief to have our GG turn up at a critical moment when we are about to get swamped.

Likewise when you think you have it - you are inside the keep on the door and the other realms GG turns up reaver bombs or just wipes out half your BG. It sickens but it is what it is all about. As a member of the unopted zerg you hide and try to stay alive just long enough. Most of all you have a goal to work at, I enjoy the GG turning up in these situations because it means all elements of the game are in play at once. Otherwise it can get into the kind of boring standoff that we have at the moment.

Some of the best zerg action is not in roaming around camped bridges etc. Which is the way it has gone recently because of some sort of consensus thing that says you can and can't take towers to block porting etc. In my view this is a major flaw of all the discussion here and I feel strongly that the current stalemate is undermining even the 8 vs 8 consensus that some of you very laudably tried to build. You need to promote a shifting battlefield one where the relics are once more the focus to get the best out of the frame of reference set by Mythic.

Being in zerg fights can actually take quite a lot of skill to come out the other end with 2 deaths and 4 death blows for example (especially when those bloody casters steal all your kills!). It is a different game you begin by saying there is no like compared to like. I am not here to show off with major deathspam. I am here to help the realm get that keep or relic or whatever. You are part of a greater whole and you do your bit.

In a zerg you do not need to have all this kind of optedness. I only really have begun to understand that side of the game by reading the guys who like that here. To be honest more and more I can see the appeal of it and I respect that view. However give me a zerg where I can try to take out a bit of siege - get into a keep an scout etc etc any day over running around on almost stick...

I hope that helps and apologies for the essay...

:/

Sharkith

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
(note to adianna: i accept that people wanna zerg, they are paying, they can do what they please. But i dont know what's fun about it and Gordonax apparently doesn't know either)

I do not know what's the fun in always (well in pretending to always?) run around in a fg seeking another fg. It's simply damn boring to me. As I said, I like the diversity. I do not pledge myself to either 8 vs 8 or 1 vs 1 or zerg vs zerg. What matters is the fact, that everything can be funny in it's own way.

It is not necessary that you know what is funny about anything, it's only necessary to have fun... otherwise you're only addicted. ;)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
It seems like there are several good answeres here...

Huntingtons said:

Well it seems like there is several good viable answeres here to your question.

Now a question for you:

I dont know what your rr is but imagine yourself beeing rr9+ and in a group of likewise people.

Would you think its fun running around kill in 8vs8 where 85% of all your fights are vs people who are severly underpowered and unequipped compared to you ? Thus giving you a noskillwin ratio of 99% vs those groups. And the last 15% of the fights are even rrs equipment mlpower fights giving you a skill % winratio? (with noskill I mean those situations hardly proves the skillpotential of the group. With no reflection towards their real, im sure, very high skillpotential)

What I mean is: What is the difference between hitting a lowrr group with a highrr group when you have 3 times thier powers as opposed to them hitting you with 3 times the numbers thus evening the playing field ?

/charmangle

ps. I also like 8vs8 fights and get annoyed with adds but I do understand it when I try to put myself in their position. ds

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Ofc I add.
First try get group as a SupSM nowdays, that is even harder than soloing RR10fg, and when you go out solo you get steamrolled by fg <insert realm here>. Steamrolling goes for all realms.

Normal SupSM day in RvR solo.
1. get mezzed
2. purge /face
3. stunned
4. readback on who got deathblow.
or
1. sneak around the zergarea.
2. ADD in anyway you can. (normaly cm a few mids so they can start fight where you can leach)
3. runback to get hastner speed and :D

If I get group, well thats hardly optimized and thers more rebuffing than earning rp.

If fg guilds want 8vs8 I see no problem to go rvr in say emain if addzerg is in hadrians, they day when opted midfg start helping in serious keep/relic taking, thats the day I can accept there wh.. about adding. Elitism are hurting the game more than zergadding in my book.

Now lets se how you respond to that.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:

I did. That was the answer. I enjoy it when gank-monkeys who like "fair" fights (which actually means ones where the odds are on their side) come and whine about being zerged.

Looking at it from the other side, I fail to see why so-called 8vs8'ers get any fun from defeating non-opted groups, soloers, etc. Yet very, very rarely do you see them turning down the free RPs in favour of going off and seeking out more challenging opponents. In all my time playing the game, I can think of ONE example when, while soloing, I was spared by any of the gank squads who always whine that they look for "fair" fights. Oh, but that's different of course.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gordonax said:
I did. That was the answer. I enjoy it when gank-monkeys who like "fair" fights (which actually means ones where the odds are on their side) come and whine about being zerged.

Looking at it from the other side, I fail to see why so-called 8vs8'ers get any fun from defeating non-opted groups, soloers, etc. Yet very, very rarely do you see them turning down the free RPs in favour of going off and seeking out more challenging opponents. In all my time playing the game, I can think of ONE example when, while soloing, I was spared by any of the gank squads who always whine that they look for "fair" fights. Oh, but that's different of course.
so you get a kick out of reading whine on a board? :rolleyes:

if i were leading a grp i would avoid soloers, cept certain players and maybe classes (i.e. if i were bard i would kill solo warlocks coz they are fucking wank and i would kill the famous stealthzergers or a person who constantly adds on our fights).

it's not fun defeating an easy enemy, but we never know how the fight will go hence you engage the grp - you could screw up and loose big time, or you could win easily. And seriously, when have you ever seen a fg flee from another fg? would ya want we stood and gave free rp's out? do you think the non-opted would find that funny ( i personally would get very offended if a fg just stood still because they didn't wanna fight an easy enemy).

you seem like a very sad person and if i can ill perma farm you :(

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
so you get a kick out of reading whine on a board? :rolleyes:

Yep.

Huntingtons said:
if i were leading a grp i would avoid soloers, cept certain players and maybe classes (i.e. if i were bard i would kill solo warlocks coz they are fucking wank and i would kill the famous stealthzergers or a person who constantly adds on our fights).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard it all before from every so-called "fair fights" player. And you know what? As anyone who's soloed for any length of time will tell you, as soon as the red mist descends and they see a few free RPs, it's a different story.

Huntingtons said:
it's not fun defeating an easy enemy, but we never know how the fight will go hence you engage the grp - you could screw up and loose big time, or you could win easily. And seriously, when have you ever seen a fg flee from another fg? would ya want we stood and gave free rp's out? do you think the non-opted would find that funny ( i personally would get very offended if a fg just stood still because they didn't wanna fight an easy enemy).

Great excuses, but that's all they are- excuses. It's strange how you guys who "just want fair fights" can always find an excuse not to have one when it's YOU that's going to end up with the RPs.

Huntingtons said:
you seem like a very sad person and if i can ill perma farm you :(

I think you make my point for me very well in that one sentence. You actually know zero about the way I play, but any excuse for a few RPs...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gordonax said:
Yep.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard it all before from every so-called "fair fights" player. And you know what? As anyone who's soloed for any length of time will tell you, as soon as the red mist descends and they see a few free RPs, it's a different story.

Great excuses, but that's all they are- excuses. It's strange how you guys who "just want fair fights" can always find an excuse not to have one when it's YOU that's going to end up with the RPs.

I think you make my point for me very well in that one sentence. You actually know zero about the way I play, but any excuse for a few RPs...

funny, coz you dont know me. Just as you claim i make up good excuses, you seem to make them up to zerg and then come here to whine about us whining about zergs :rolleyes:
i play druid, i dont have the cababilities to lead my grp into solo players, i would love to leave most then them alone but im not dealing dmg - if i my grp adds (which they did just tonight on excal) i sit down or stay out of range and dont interupt/shear (i heal if i have to tho). So you can stick your prejudges and lame accusations up your ass and join the zerg.
Thanks.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
funny, coz you dont know me. Just as you claim i make up good excuses, you seem to make them up to zerg and then come here to whine about us whining about zergs :rolleyes:
i play druid, i dont have the cababilities to lead my grp into solo players, i would love to leave most then them alone but im not dealing dmg - if i my grp adds (which they did just tonight on excal) i sit down or stay out of range and dont interupt/shear (i heal if i have to tho). So you can stick your prejudges and lame accusations up your ass and join the zerg.
Thanks.

LOL matey, you've assumed from the word go that I'm a zerger. In fact, only time I was in any large groups was at keep takes. But it makes me laugh when people like you try and dictate how the game should be played.

Of course, if you felt strongly enough about wanting fair fights, you could leave groups that zerged soloers, couldn't you? Which only leaves me to assume that your love of RPs is greater than your need for fair fights.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gordonax said:
LOL matey, you've assumed from the word go that I'm a zerger. In fact, only time I was in any large groups was at keep takes. But it makes me laugh when people like you try and dictate how the game should be played.

Of course, if you felt strongly enough about wanting fair fights, you could leave groups that zerged soloers, couldn't you? Which only leaves me to assume that your love of RPs is greater than your need for fair fights.

some are good friends which i enjoy playing with, and if i leave the grps i join i wont get grps and i cant solo as nurture druid Oo

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Belomar said:

RA aren't everything, but the discussion did not start simply about high rr vs low rr. It was a flame against zergers who often miss not only rr but ToA gear and ML too. I can't remember how many times I have used things like group purge diesease and especially cure nearsight.

I used to play a warrior but re-rolled a pac healer in NF (I am also a fairly casual player). Pre ToA my warrior had purge and det4. The extra RA I was looking at getting next wouldn't make a huge difference. Now my warrior template contains both Gem of Lost memories and CB with mezz and stun feeback. I also have purge 2 (total cost 15 RP as opposed to 14 RP with det4 and purge). Everybody in an opted group has CB normally and at least purge2.

Now with my new pac healer. Even IF the opted group are looking the wrong way and I can run up and get my insta mezz in I need to cast another mezz to actually mezz people and I am not going to beat a high rr caster with my dex....

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
some are good friends which i enjoy playing with, and if i leave the grps i join i wont get grps and i cant solo as nurture druid Oo

Sorry, but that means you just don't feel strongly about having "fair" fights.

Suppose, for one second, that you had loads of mates in game*, and wanted to play with them all. So you run 3fg so you can all have fun together, and promptly get slagged off "for zerging". Could you then use the excuse that they're "good friends which you enjoy playing with"? You see my point?

(* Sorry if this sounds like I'm saying you don't have lots of friends in game - I don't mean it to be a personal insult! :) )

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gordonax said:
Sorry, but that means you just don't feel strongly about having "fair" fights.

Suppose, for one second, that you had loads of mates in game*, and wanted to play with them all. So you run 3fg so you can all have fun together, and promptly get slagged off "for zerging". Could you then use the excuse that they're "good friends which you enjoy playing with"? You see my point?

(* Sorry if this sounds like I'm saying you don't have lots of friends in game - I don't mean it to be a personal insult! :) )

show me a zerg of people who have played together for long time and like to play with eachother, talk individual in /g (in zerg it would be /c or /bc) and i'll bend over and take it in the ass :(

but it's unlikely that in a zerg people have been playing steadily with eachother (as a zerg that is) to just zerg for fun :p

valid argument tho :/

(and 2 my other argument in my previous post; if they all had to zerg coz they couldn't kill anything solo/grp'd they should start rerolling coz they would be farmed as a zerg of clerics ;D)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
show me a zerg of people who have played together for long time and like to play with eachother, talk individual in /g (in zerg it would be /c or /bc) and i'll bend over and take it in the ass :(

You should have seen the HGLowbieRR2FG+MiniZerg in OF HW - it was a weekly event! And we had some *great* fights with opted groups - sometimes losing, sometimes winning.

Huntingtons said:
(and 2 my other argument in my previous post; if they all had to zerg coz they couldn't kill anything solo/grp'd they should start rerolling coz they would be farmed as a zerg of clerics ;D)

You obviously never saw SmiteClub either then ;) 6xclerics, 1xConfusedTheurg, 1xMincer. 0wnage!

Ahhh, memories. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom