Question: Swimming + Gym?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
Wow, I agree with Darksword! Whats the world coming to.. jk :p What he says is correct though, someone else who has done A-level PE & Biology? :D

haha no, just enjoy lifting :p and im going into training to fight (thai boxing, BJJ and vale tudo). I actually almost failed biology GCSE, if i sat it now? id ace that test, along with PE. Funny that u learn so much more out of school than u do in it <shrug>

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
haha no, just enjoy lifting :p and im going into training to fight (thai boxing, BJJ and vale tudo). I actually almost failed biology GCSE, if i sat it now? id ace that test, along with PE. Funny that u learn so much more out of school than u do in it <shrug>

Yeah I found the same, you learn more when you want to learn not when your being made to. I did shotokan karate for a few years and loved that then stopped for abit been looking into thai boxing lately as well actually, havent found a place locally that does it though ><

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
Yeah I found the same, you learn more when you want to learn not when your being made to. I did shotokan karate for a few years and loved that then stopped for abit been looking into thai boxing lately as well actually, havent found a place locally that does it though ><

u still in newcastle?

Tilda

Id say it would be fine eggy

It worrys me how quickly people see gym and immediatly translate it to I WANT MY ARM MUSCLES TO BE AS BIG AS MY LEG MUSCLES! :(

Personally when I gym, I swim after a workout because then you can leave all clean and fresh :D
Depending on how hard you push yourself swimming I really dont think it would be a problem, especially as its non-impact so isnt going to fuck joints up. I'd personally not go for the running bit save that for the workout imho.
I dont know how you have the time rod :p When i'm not in lectures I'm working or drinking, or somtimes posting on FH, sorting myself out to go to the gym just seams so much hastle :(

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
When I started training again 8 months ago, I hadn't trained since I started playing daoc ages ago. Anyways, I started off going once every other day - simply to rest up etc. I did full upper body workouts in addition to half an hour jogging + walking/jogging to the gym.

Now, however, I have split my training into two programs and dividing into muscle-groups. Like today I did chest+triceps in general. The day before I did back+biceps.

I'm very glad I split my training this way really, and would highly recommend it. I feel my energy level has been generally higher and I'm not as exhausted as I used to be after full upper body workouts.

Seeing as I have no playable comp I really appreciate my training as a hobby too. Plus there's lots of pwetty ladies at the gym. 8)

Oh yeah, and be patient - the results will come, even if it may seem to take ages getting your stomach flat (again?).

Tilda

What do i do if my stomach is flat without going to the gym? :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
eat more and tone them :)

since when? :)

eat correctly nad do some ab wheels and get a 6pack if thats what u want :) reduce carbs and burn fat :p

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
u still in newcastle?

Yeah, for the majority of my time atm.. spending some time down sussex but thats minimal.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
Yeah, for the majority of my time atm.. spending some time down sussex but thats minimal.

may know a muay thai place in newcastle, ill let u know.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
since when? :)

eat correctly nad do some ab wheels and get a 6pack if thats what u want :) reduce carbs and burn fat :p

what do you mean ?

theres no such thing as eating correctly.

Marc

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
wow what a shit routine. the only good thing was friday, suggesting legs and back. and even then, id throw this routine out. why should he even work his biceps seperatly? how should he do this? curls? please odnt be a retard strength and power does not come from isolation exercsies. how should he work his "chest"? flys? again dont be stupid. Please dont give advice on something you dont understand at all. personally i dont know alot but i know more than you, educate yourself.

triceps and shoulders? why should he had 2 days on his upper body? huh? explain, because this routine is complete balls.

Pull day
Push day
Squat day. end of

u want to work your biceps? chins.

Darksword you really are a fucking cock.

There is no set way to do weights. Its all personal opinion. I was giving rod my opinion. I have been weight raining for over 10 years and have tried various different routines. I find for muscle gain and overall strength gain, this routine was hands down the best.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Darksword you really are a fucking cock.

There is no set way to do weights. Its all personal opinion. I was giving rod my opinion. I have been weight raining for over 10 years and have tried various different routines. I find for muscle gain and overall strength gain, this routine was hands down the best.

Can I just point out (again) - I am not 'bodybuilding'. I have no interest in rippling muscles nor in the ego that comes with it.

I am going to the gym for better general fitness, a toned body and a sense of self acheivement.

Thanks for all the decent comments, Going to do gym 3 times a week and sport/running a few days as well.

Will keep you posted! :cheers:

Marc

FH is my second home
I know Rod. Darksword thinks you want to grease yourself down, don a red thong and enter Mr Canterbury 2006! Weights is all about personal choice. The workout I posted is the one that has benefited me the most over the past 10 years. Only time I changed it was when I was on the doors and wanted to get much bigger. I dropped the reps, increased the weight and ate much more, but I got too big so had to lose it all.

Im guessing your bodytype is ectomorph anyway, so you wont really get that much bigger than you already are, even if you hammer the gym.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Im guessing your bodytype is ectomorph anyway, so you wont really get that much bigger than you already are, even if you hammer the gym.

Until I looked this up, I thought you were calling me a porker!

:D

elbeek

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
Until I looked this up, I thought you were calling me a porker!

:D

He was, you phat phuck :D

Seriously tho, if you want to pull again, head off to the Blue Oyster Club wearing that leahter police hat and horsehair shorts :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
He was, you phat phuck :D

Seriously tho, if you want to pull again, head off to the Blue Oyster Club wearing that leahter police hat and horsehair shorts :p

This isn't about pulling! You don't need a 6pack and girly firm man breasts to pull (as you found out when you picked up that hotty at World's Fishiest Fanny competition last month).

:p

elbeek

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
This isn't about pulling! You don't need a 6pack and girly firm man breasts to pull (as you found out when you picked up that hotty at World's Fishiest Fanny competition last month).

:p

TBH i can't stand the smell of piltchards anymore :(

Gamah

Banned
I have recently started gyming again, I do weights but I refuse to go down the hardcore weights path again, theres looking healthy and looking like a muscle clad ill mother fucker.

I focus mostly on cardio, but I am a broad guy by nature so I have to work on my muscles too or I would look odd. I am not interested in a 6 pack and huge biceps, I just wanna look good but more imprtantly I want to feel good, I couldn't give a shit what the guy next to me was benchin' the zest for life that comes with regular exercise is the best part. To me having huge muscles does not look good or feel good (and yes I have done hardcore weights before)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
I know Rod. Darksword thinks you want to grease yourself down, don a red thong and enter Mr Canterbury 2006! Weights is all about personal choice. The workout I posted is the one that has benefited me the most over the past 10 years. Only time I changed it was when I was on the doors and wanted to get much bigger. I dropped the reps, increased the weight and ate much more, but I got too big so had to lose it all.

U obviously dont know fucking ANYTHING about the human body. HIGH REPS = BIGGER MUSCLES! why?! BECAUSE BLOOD FLOW TO THE MUSCLES INCREASES AND U GET WHAT BODY BUILDERS CALL "THE PUMP" U RETARD! WHAT AM I SUGGESTING? LOW REPS!!!

Low reps on heavy poundage builds muscle strength, ligaments and tendon strength which is what you need for any type of real strength. Looko at a body building routine, all are high reps, now look at a oly lifter, they focus on power, they have some of the strongest tendons and ligaments in the world. Why?! because they fucking need it, throw 300lbs over your head with just muscle strength and i guarantee because of ligaments not being able to hold the balance, and your weak core from all the gay body building u do youll fall down. Powerlifters similiarly have strong tendons and ligaments, WHY?! coz theyre pulling 700lbs off the ground to there waste using there legs and lower backs, and arms (powerlifting grip is absolutly insane, captains of crush mean anything?)

What im suggesting isnt even slightly body building, if u read what i said i advocate a 5x5 system, or a 5x4x3x2x1 (heck i even recomend single rep sets for the heaviest you can do).

You want to know how it works? ill put it simply here.

Say you can only bench 50kgs, thats your complete maximum. Instead of benching 5 sets of 1 rep of 50, which will "tear" (not like a pectoral muscle tear which = tres bad) the muscle and so it grows back with more density and so stronger and able to handle more, and next week you can do 50 easier, or u can move up to 52kgs or whatever you want to go for.

Now compare this to the body building routines, 15 reps, on a light weight for 10 sets, all that happens here is because of the activity, blood flow will increase to your chest, shoulders and triceps. The muscles fill with blood and become hard to move, but nothing has torn, he isnt pushing himself. Your muscle will not grow, your arms will look bigger due to the blood rush, and your arms will grow bigger to accomodate for more blood and your muscles will grow, slightly, but you wont have any REAL strength, but who gives a flying fuck/ body builders thats who, and fuck body builders!

Theres a difference with body builders and lifters. Lifters have real raw power, you can see it when you see a real lifter, he isnt walking out with his arms parallel to the floor coz he loves his delts.

ALSO marcy boy, you said "ignore what darksword said" (or words to that effect ill quote it later if i can be arsed) so erm yeh you kinda imposed your own routine here by dismissing mine. So your not as much offering opinion as discredit a valid "opinion"* that has worked for hundreds of years.

*(Want scientific backing, as if its necessary? lifters (not body builders) have been doing such routines for yours, why? because its the only way to build natural strength, what im advocating here isnt anything new, the science of the human body hasnt changed, steroids has ruined the average mans image of true strength and power)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
oh and i dont think he wants to be a body builder, fuck id kick him if he did.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
DARKSWORD CHILL OUT DUDDODEE! while many people appreciate your vast knowledge, i dont think the people who dont is worth stressing over :p.

now just tell em "IM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!"

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Darksword. I fear you may have lost the plot a little. I don't think Eggy wanted to become the next Olympic powerlifting champion as his name isn't Olga and his armpits are less hairy than a Spanish womans upper lip. Your testosterone fuelled posts kinda make you appear to be "one who may bat for the opposition".

Marc

FH is my second home
Darksword said:

Jesus, calm down will you. I can tell you are 17!!! I probably dont know much about the human body. All i know is what i picked up from A* in gcse PE and A in A level PE. I also had to do a year studying the human body and effects of training when I played professional rugby. Our fitness trainer had also coached at lilleshawl, training england footballers who I picked up tips from, so I bow down to your superior knowledge. I do know that following the schedule I have posted has seen me increase my strength and power no end. I can bench 3 and a half plates either side on olympic bar (160kg or 352 lb) for 10 reps. Now, if you say my schedule is a load of bollocks, how can I do that? I can also deadlift 340kg (748 pounds) for 10 reps. Again if my schedule is a load of bollocks how can I do that?

As i have said. Its all about personal opinion. Discount what I have said by all means. As for telling rod to ignore you, it was about your comment about gyms and how people at gyms dont like bodybuilders. I said people go to gyms for various reasons. Just take off your blinkers and try growing up.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword, CHILL OUT. You have obviously taken too many steroids or something.

Getting big muscles, being strong is not what I want to do; that won't help your endurance or stamina at all. I'm not interested in being able to lift my car above my head.

Just chill out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom