prydwen news -Rogs

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
riginally Posted by Goa
[6-09-2005] Random items on Prydwen

As you will know, it is not possible for us to directly replace randomly generated items (ROGs), however many players were making use of these in their templates. Until now we were compensating the loss of these items with gold however we appreciate that this is not the best answer as there is a distinct lack of items to spend this gold on.

We are pleased to announce then that new merchants have appeared in the capital cities of all the realms. These will take special vouchers and exchange them for high value ROGs. These vouchers will be given to players that have reported losing ROG items and will also be purchaseable so that those who have already recieved gold can replace their losses.

These merchants will remain available for the next couple of weeks.

In Tir Na Nog they are in the stables near to the East Gate
In Camelot they will be found by the Defenders of Albion
In Jordheim you will find them near to the westernmost marketplace

:m00:

Brite

Banned
id well rather have the cash, lucky people that did get the cash now i suppose, id rather take the cash anyday than having a very small chance of getting somthing even slightly useful

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fair play to GOA though, they are doing everything possible to make the whole disaster a little less painful. Yes it won't fix things 100% for everyone but it may make things a little easier and that is all they can realistically do.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
thought i would take a look at this, so bought a couple ( a plat each) and nearest description would be avalon city rogs that are 94%+, crap util, only one with toa bonus and that was +4 af. waste of time imo

PozZ!

Loyal Freddie
Should still give people plats for RoGs, then if people want to buy these tickets or such they can.. seen a few of the RoGs they've generated and they're nothing special.

Brite

Banned
:< great, crap rogs while others got much needed cash, fun fun fun

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
got robe 25 hits, 4% slash, 5% crush, 11% buff bonus, procs 30% haste buff on hit 1 min dur

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
This looks to be another ill thought out remedy to what is rapidly becoming a farce of universal proportions.

Why give me a voucher for rog gear when I could end up with stuff which is useless for my toon ? How is that supposed to help me ?

Got to agree with Brite some get cash and now the rest of us are even worse off as we have crap rogs that no one wants to buy and no cash to re-purchase any decent stuff.

I am hacked off that some peeps are doing well out of this and many are getting royally shafted.

Thanks for making the effort GOA but instead of rushing in a response to a problem why not give it some thought and try to make sure it actually has some value.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
I would father have the money instead of the so called high utility rogs your supposed to get from a merchant, i wouldn't called 14% buff bonus a high qual item on a cloak, seems unfair to those that have not been compensated alrdy who are just receiving tokens for rogs and no money. :/

majty

Loyal Freddie
Bah, how can they be this stupid, they cant change the rules when they have allready given over 100p each to some people, how the hell can this vouchers add up for this. Atleast still give all people money so they can decide for their own if they want to buy the vouchers, if you should have used the vouchers then you should have done so from the start for it to be fair.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
idea would be alot better too if could PICK the location when purchasing the armour, atm its a lucky dip to get nice rog, then lucky dip again that its a location you need...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
You have got to be joking...please tell me its a cash or voucher option??

Seriously, I mean one minute the screw the economy by giving cash for rogs, with little at leats a chance they might find a rog to spend cash on. Now they are going to give you a voucher that you get a random ROG..

Erm, playing russian roulette on your own is safer ffs.

What feckin comedian thought this up?

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
As a hibby just posted...

If you got cash already you may have up to 100p

You could therefore buy 100 vouchers for the rog lottery.

What's the betting they are not giving out 100 vouchers to those of us still waiting...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
cHodAX said:
Fair play to GOA though, they are doing everything possible to make the whole disaster a little less painful. Yes it won't fix things 100% for everyone but it may make things a little easier and that is all they can realistically do.

So, lets see:

You had an item thats got Str Con hits +str cap and +hits cap
You get the equivelent of x plats worth of vouchers and get an item with Quick, Acuity and Spell dmg +acu cap and quick cap...

Please please tell me this is not how this is working!!

I can safe GOA the trouble of fixing my chars if thats the case...give me the friggin cash so "I" can choose what to replace GOA destroyed items with.

This is simply becoming funnier and funnier each day..

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its sounds a bit mickey mouse at the moment.

I thought you could at least pick the slot.... even that is less that useful, given how hard that is to get right.

Sorry Goa, you need to make this alot better.

Please explain why you couldn't compare item databases between the last backup and current live version to spot differences.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
As a hibby just posted...

If you got cash already you may have up to 100p

You could therefore buy 100 vouchers for the rog lottery.

What's the betting they are not giving out 100 vouchers to those of us still waiting...

Perfectly true, and some people got high value items from the bug, they reported early with some other chars, got a lot of plats, then due to bug other chars / accounts got high value toa items on thid toons, then now you can get a few vouchers for compensation. Imho it ruins the fair game balance for MONTHS or years.

Redfern

Fledgling Freddie
Those rog's are so crappy, not even near the value of a plat. I strongly advice not to use them, and hope you all warn your fellow guildmates not to use them either. It is way better to save the money and buy good items over time as the market builds up again. I know that is not a solution, but as it happends GoA have screwed up big time, and we need to suffer the consequenses. Personally both my main RvR chars was stripped and I dont expect to be near normal standards in RvR for many months to come.

majty

Loyal Freddie
Redfern said:
Those rog's are so crappy, not even near the value of a plat. I strongly advice not to use them, and hope you all warn your fellow guildmates not to use them either. It is way better to save the money and buy good items over time as the market builds up again. I know that is not a solution, but as it happends GoA have screwed up big time, and we need to suffer the consequenses. Personally both my main RvR chars was stripped and I dont expect to be near normal standards in RvR for many months to come.

Yeah, by the sounds of it ..you who got money save it..But what about the people who wont get that option...how stupid is that from GOA's side?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
C'mon Requiel, please try to sort this out.

1. Give us the option to have cash or vouchers for ROGs
2. Give us the freetime/XP when we can use it - Best case start it when you fix the mess were in.
3. FFS consult the community before you do stuff like this.

Please, just sort it out.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
its so bad it is scary - 2 plat for a lottery ticket and you have a chance of lottery porportions of winning an item worth having for your character ? :eek:

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
How about you simply create the items that were lost as RoGs as static items? I can't think of one reason why this wouldn't be possible.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tay said:
You have got to be joking...please tell me its a cash or voucher option??

Seriously, I mean one minute the screw the economy by giving cash for rogs,

not like the economy was fucked up in the first place :)

doubt it will get any worse with GOA handing out cash.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mazzaca said:
How about you simply create the items that were lost as RoGs as static items? I can't think of one reason why this wouldn't be possible.

scammers probably. i bet theres ppl that think they would get away with something like that. telling GOA they had a godly RoG that they acually never had, and then try to sell it.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
That doesn't seem like a high value rog to me ;o

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
If I had a template that relied on a rog I would personally rather have the cash tbh and make a new template that was more secure.

I lost some rogs, but none of them were template pieces as such, so in short if I received a lottery ticket instead of a cash compensation I would be dissapointed to say the least.

It's a good idea don't get me wrong, however perhaps not very well throught through. Although it's nice to have them there anyway, gives you something to do with the spare cash received from an already completed restoration.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ctuchik said:
not like the economy was fucked up in the first place :)

doubt it will get any worse with GOA handing out cash.

Oh, I disagree, but thats just economics...

The issue is not so much the cash its the lack of items....

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
yay, I will probably recieve some druid thingy with str cap or empathy cap and haste charge... this whole thing r0x teh b0x

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
this is what GoA have done, remember those treasure chests on Gorre, when you gave it a token you got a ROG item? all GoA have done is instead of a chest its an NPC instead, they have just changed the artwork and label.

Best thing GoA can do is give people plat that way they can purchase a ticket for a ROG or keep the money..

:m00:

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
These vouchers will be given to players that have reported losing ROG items and will also be purchaseable so that those who have already recieved gold can replace their losses.

Tried it, kind of PoC drop, wasted 1p for shit, sold for 5g after...
ppl lose stuff like 5+ dex cap 5+ power pool etc, very nice rogs, and get that shit after. Better to dont do this, make fool from all ppl who lost lots! Can buy better from CMs than this crap. That rog made me total upset, how the hell can they think thats worth anything... Every1 know its bullshit who realy thinks about it.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Zedenz said:
If I had a template that relied on a rog I would personally rather have the cash tbh and make a new template that was more secure.

I lost some rogs, but none of them were template pieces as such, so in short if I received a lottery ticket instead of a cash compensation I would be dissapointed to say the least.

It's a good idea don't get me wrong, however perhaps not very well throught through. Although it's nice to have them there anyway, gives you something to do with the spare cash received from an already completed restoration.

MY ranger that got stuffed lost 4 armour rogs, sleeves, helm, leggings and gloves (When not leveling my mariashas), all of those were put together over the last month. Most were MPs, but all complimented my existing Artis and stuff, now I have to lotto to get them back.....

Sorry but that aint gonna happen. I'm crap at lottos and I'm not starting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom