Pryd & Excal Down. GOA Aware and working on it.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
LawBringer said:
Bad news - working in Tech support - The 'Try rebooting' suggestion is geekees for - I have not got a clue what's wrong :(

On the upside - usually works :)

well 50% of the time it works...........................ahhh the amount of times ive used the old "try rebooting your systems" line :)

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
dunno why every1 is so negative :flame: loved when i recive 198p the last time "A technical issue" put pryd server down :fluffle:

Sorin

Banned
Open a backup server with gold/glory gems when these kinda things happens.
and then close the server again once everything is fixed.
--instant lvl50/rr5,
RVR here i come!

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Well a quote from a poster in the office

"The next caller maybe an idiot, but remember, without idiots, we would be out of a job"

Sorin

Banned
LawBringer said:
Well a quote from a poster in the office

"The next caller maybe an idiot, but remember, without idiots, we would be out of a job"

eh?

what are you implying?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Log onto US classic
Free level every 2 days on Hib Ector, and I have had less lag tonite than I had all day on excal

best of all, there's 800 people online in hib alone :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:
eh?

what are you implying?

We need idiots, in this case as we are the ppl waiting on the tech support guys, guess that makes us the idiots :)

aiteal said:
Log onto US classic
Free level every 2 days on Hib Ector, and I have had less lag tonite than I had all day on excal

best of all, there's 800 people online in hib alone

I suggest the large numbers suggest that many already have logged onto US from here.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
yer but its full of yanks!

and excal is full of brummies, greeks and spaniards
(if my guildies read that I'm booted from EH)

Sorin

Banned
LawBringer said:
We need idiots, in this case as we are the ppl waiting on the tech support guys, guess that makes us the idiots :)

yeah, we should all go get a life instead of just waiting here for the servers to reopen-

I'l start in a year or 20.

Deathvenom

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:
Open a backup server with gold/glory gems when these kinda things happens.
and then close the server again once everything is fixed.
--instant lvl50/rr5,
RVR here i come!
o/ seconded tbh

hrala

Fledgling Freddie
just thought i´d adjust the pic from goa

Web crash.jpg

got bored waiting for the servers to restart

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
Feel free to explain that Azathrim. I played Diablo 2 for years, and as a free service it never went down. Why was that?

Lol, Diablo and Daoc is the same! Give 8 player daoc servers! :rolleyes:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The entire platform was rebooted by the server admins a few minutes ago. This is why the patch server and all game servers were unavailable for a short while. The techs are still working on the problem and as we have more news we'll pass it on.

Damn must be serious if the patch server takes more than 6 hours to reboot :(

<crosses fingers>

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
i dont need a free day... give us al 50P!... per account,

tbh i felled it coming, earlier that day i couldnt coonect right away to the updater. Had to try 2-3times or let it autorun the 30seconds. O well, geuss its will be a long day ^^

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
LawBringer said:
Bad news - working in Tech support - The 'Try rebooting' suggestion is geekees for - I have not got a clue what's wrong :(

On the upside - usually works :)
So true - heres the geeks inner monologue:
Customer: Errr my game won't run im getting error 219 - Out of C6.
Techie: (mentally) Ohshit, C6, errr help errr, drivers, nope damn. errr hardware, nope damn. ah well when in doubt "Have you tried rebooting sir?" ;)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
PS - updates welcome GM's / E&Es as i need to know whether or not to bother sorting out something else to do with my day off work!

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Everything is down atm so this does not describe the situation imo:

[21-09-2006] Prydwen/Excalibur cluster issue

A technical issue is currently keeping the Prydwen/Excalibur cluster down. Our technicians are working on the issue but it will most likely not be resolved until later in the night or tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

More info GOA please.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Could you possibly get 1.85 running when you bring the servers up? :p

I'm sure the settings there will be great etc, as no more hamsters will be getting FZ'd.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Update:

We worked on this pretty much all night and we have people working on it again right now. We have taken the platform down ourselves for internal testing late last night. I know you're all craving more information but we can't release any at the moment. Please remember that no news does NOT mean we've stopped working or caring, it might just mean there is no news.

We are working on it and are confident we found the problem. I can not give you any indication as to how long it is going to take.

We will obviously be considering granting you guys (a) free day(s) on your subscription as we have every single time in the past. However as usual nothing is official until you read it in the news on our website.

Keitan

Banned
Wooooot :) i remember about 3 years ago and servers went down for 1-2 days and you gave us all a bub of exp i think it was :) that would be cool

Nate

FH is my second home
hmm the patch server and the login server is down :( but some of the other servers are up ;o hope this gets fixed soon :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
feril said:
A tranlation in bablefish on the web from german to english..
text taken from the german goa page..

<-------
A technical problem requires momentarily the disconnection of Avalon. The English cluster Prydwen/Excalibur and the French server Broceliande is likewise concerned. Our technical team works on the problem, but we cannot say unfortunately, how long the servers are not attainable. We apologize for the incommodities.
-------->

dosent look good for the cluster. if cluster crashed and later broceliande and goa decide to take avalon down before the same thing happends there..

DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

if something fucked excal/pryd then maybe the other clusters are at risk.

i keep telling Goa to stop putting Pierre's fingers in the plug sockets but they never listen

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
i dont need a free day... give us al 50P!... per account

Yeah, also please make sure that on log-on I'll still have those 4 rings of the deep I bought 3 secs before servers crashed!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Gear said:
Yeah, also please make sure that on log-on I'll still have those 4 rings of the deep I bought 3 secs before servers crashed!

Haha a likely story ;)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Keitan said:
Wooooot :) i remember about 3 years ago and servers went down for 1-2 days and you gave us all a bub of exp i think it was :) that would be cool
Remember that one aswell. :)
Too bad 1 bubb of XP ain't all what id used to be back in the days. :(

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Update:

We will obviously be considering granting you guys (a) free day(s) on your subscription as we have every single time in the past. However as usual nothing is official until you read it in the news on our website.

i rather have plats! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom